Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-11-11, 01:38 PM  
oltlfan

I can understand why some people don't like this. Something about it seems very generic.
oltlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 02:14 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by oltlfan View Post
I can understand why some people don't like this. Something about it seems very generic.
It's just not the usual Leslie, I think. She does have a different demeanor somehow, as if it's not a group she's totally comfortable with.

I did Mile 4 yesterday and really enjoyed it. I'm having problems with my knee so I didn't go down very far but compensated by squeezing my glutes really hard as I came up each time. This morning my butt is nicely sore.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 03:23 PM  
donnamp

Oltlfan - I agree, I think that is why I don't feel "bonded" with it. I also picked up the Eat, Walk, Lose DVDs and I think I like those better b/c there is more of a rapport w/ the group. Even though it is filmed in the bat cave and the music is "generic". I may come around on the new one...but it may take some time. I loved 4 Big Miles! But, I think that one has the class rapport I'm used to in a Leslie!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 09:17 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I really like the parts of this one that I've tried. I love the bright set and new music and steps.

I would've liked to see at least some of her regular walkers, but the new people were o.k. I never did get to where she introduced them, except for her brother and sis in law, and the couple celebrating their anniversary.

I did the warm up, miles 1, 2,3, the cool down and stretch. I almost skipped mile 2 because of the bands, but am glad I didn't as I enjoyed it a lot more than I'd expected to. Mile 3 was so much fun I almost kept going

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 10:24 AM  
Sara1000

I enjoyed the band work in both #2 & #4.

The introductions are in the cooldown but the music is so loud on mine I couldn't hear anything Leslie said. It didn't matter in the workouts as she always says the same thing,.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 10:28 AM  
cpcathy

I got this on Saturday at Target and started it on Sunday. I've done all the miles by now, either one or two at a time. I really like this one. I like the bright set, the music, even the band, though there is not enough upper body work, if any at all. Her other exercisers are more generically "attractive" than her usual bunch, the two girls who do the band segments with her are really fit, I think they may be exercise models (like, REALLY toned and fit). I did two miles last night and I was actually worn out afterwards! This one is a keeper and it'll go in my Firm rotation (that I start next week!)

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 10:54 AM  
adrien_73

I did this one for the 2nd time this AM and I really like it! I only have an hour in the AM so I cut out the 2nd toning section with the band. I use 2# weights throughout & feel worked out all over when I'm done!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 02:04 PM  
oltlfan

I did it today and I like it fine. The only thing is, I did the miles without the bands, and I felt like I didn't get a super good workout. So I walked for a mile outside after. But I do like it and will keep it, even though I still feel it's generic.
oltlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 08:02 PM  
buffmama

I'm passing this one onto Mom who became a temporary vidiot after hearing about it.

Pros: I liked the music and the set. I thought the work with the band was better than in my other Leslie (she positions the band differently for tricept work and does more back work). Lunges and squats always work.

Cons: Not sure I want to lunge and squat with Leslie. A lot of time lost changing band to other leg. I prefer her usually motley crew - entertaining and motivating. I only do one mile at a time and didn't like that mile one eases you in and mile 5 eases you out.

If I get another Leslie it will be 4 Fast Miles since they're all the same consistent speed which works for how I use them. (Although no need to rush this before I know more about Amy's new walk.)
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 08:36 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did the wu, miles 4 & 5, cd & part of the stretch. I wasn't too sure about using the band under one foot at a time for squats, so put both feet in the first time. The 2nd round I did one leg at a time, and it was o.k., same with the lunges.

I'll do this mile every now and then, but it'll never be a favorite

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 mile walk, 5 really big miles, bat cave, burn body fat, laptop girl, leslie, leslie sansone, the big burn, walk slim