Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-03-11, 12:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

one reason i haven't gotten rid of my old leslies is because they have different backdrops, costumes, and music (i.e., no Everybody, no BatCave).

i had to distinguish one of them one day by its backdrop*, and i had to rely on my trusty VF Search Engine. i didn't want to buy 2 of the same video - she has two different compilations DVDs, 4 + 2 milers, called Deluxe Walk:

Fat Burning
Mondrian Set*

Walk
Lightning with round window set, couch*

if you go by just titles alone, there's little distinguishing factors, other than noted above! all 4 videos are unique and do not have repeat footage.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 01:05 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybelle View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone...2386308&sr=8-1

This is the one I think you are talking about.

ETA: I have had 2 copies of this dvd and both had poor sound quality with pops and crackles, so I don't know if it was just a bad batch or what.

Rhonda
Yes- that is it! And yes, the sound was always bad and sometimes it would freeze!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 01:12 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

She really gives Jo a "hard" time in several of her workouts, about being a grandma, lol! Although she has mentioned others as well! I have a hard time figuring out which Leslie's are which as well, but I seem to keep on buying them......

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 01:22 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Great minds...
True, that.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 01:29 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
Dear Leslie,

You are one of my favorite instructors. I have used your videos for years. I need to ask you a favor. Would you please start giving your videos numbers or colors or SOMETHING so that I can tell them apart? The titles are all almost the same. The covers are all mostly the same. You, reaching out from the box with a crazed look in your eyes.

I wanted to do one of your old workouts and I couldn't recall the name. It's the one with the William Tell music and the weighted gloves. I looked at my Leslie shelf and realized I had NO IDEA which video it was.

I'm really lost with your newer workouts. Sometimes the equipment used might give me a hint, but I am usually clueless. Which is the one where you are talking to James Brown? Oh, and isn't there ONE where you mention that somebody is a grandma. (While we watch said grandma wincing in the background.)

Dearest Leslie, I don't think I will be buying your new workouts for a while. I can't remember the ones I have!

Sincerely,
Alta-Tude
LOL, Alta! I don't have any of Leslie's workouts, and your note has made me happy that I don't!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 02:54 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I don't think she's going to change. People have been begging her for an outdoor workout, but so far, no luck. The sticky note idea is a good one (or stick a note inside).
Old 08-03-11, 03:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I don't think she's going to change. People have been begging her for an outdoor workout, but so far, no luck. The sticky note idea is a good one (or stick a note inside).
i have 4x6 post-its in all of my keepcases.

i usually write in my HRM stats in them, what equipment, notes for next time.

in some cases, i have noteworthy/notorious characteristics, such as "Jo is in this one" or "Mary Kay leads segment #2". i don't just do that for Leslie - i've done it for other workouts like Gilad, The Firm, Tony Horton, Debbie Siebers, Jari Love, Jillian, BodyBar, Cathe, etc. in some cases, i've written in the director's name if it's not already on the label.

it sounds like i'm totally anal about these notes, but i jot them down really fast after the workout, and just that 1-2 minutes i spend doing it, helps me really assess how useful the workout is to my needs. it helps me take note of patterns and ideas.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 10:27 AM  
Gams

And let's not forget (as if we could), in 1-Mile Super Challenge, Leslie mentions that Linda is a grandma and Randy says, "Good lookin' grandma." And Linda says, "Thank you, Randy." Soon all her walkers will be grandparents.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 10:45 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i have 4x6 post-its in all of my keepcases.

i usually write in my HRM stats in them, what equipment, notes for next time.

in some cases, i have noteworthy/notorious characteristics, such as "Jo is in this one" or "Mary Kay leads segment #2". i don't just do that for Leslie - i've done it for other workouts like Gilad, The Firm, Tony Horton, Debbie Siebers, Jari Love, Jillian, BodyBar, Cathe, etc. in some cases, i've written in the director's name if it's not already on the label.

it sounds like i'm totally anal about these notes, but i jot them down really fast after the workout, and just that 1-2 minutes i spend doing it, helps me really assess how useful the workout is to my needs. it helps me take note of patterns and ideas.
Just be sure the adhesive from the notes doesn't leak onto the dvds. That can happen over time.
Old 08-04-11, 11:12 AM  
DejaDeb

The William Tell Overture is in Walk Away Your Stress. I love when she walks back between MaryKay and JoAnn and says something like -- Don't hit me, although that would relieve your stress as well!

I remember the WTO from one of her Weight Watcher walks as well, the ones that feature Flo (from Weight Watchers.) I didn't care for the WW walks in general, but I remember really liking that part!

Tags
bat cave, leslie sansone, power walking system, which leslie is this?, workout titles