Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-10, 06:16 PM  
Aurora C.

Question Favorite Effective/Time Efficient Ab Routines?

I LOVE having this community to draw upon for your wisdom & experience, what a gift!

I have been doing Tony Horton's Great Abs Guaranteed almost exclusively for about 2 months now. I LOVE Tony, really feel the burn & I love that it clocks in at about 8-10 minutes!

...but I'm seeking a little variety. What are your favorite short & kick-ass ab picks?
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 06:48 PM  
hotncmom

This is kind of different...but I don't do traditional ab work at all. If I need a short ab workout I would do some plank variations and then add on Core Fusion Flat Back/Round Back from the bonus on Body Sculpt. The closest to "real" ab work I do is on P57 Classic, so if I wanted a short ab routine, I would also fast forward to the ab section on that DVD.

Zuzana also has some good stuff on bodyrock.tv. There's a great ab/cardio workout she has that is an interval workout. The "rest" intervals are 10 seconds of elbow plank, the work intervals are 30 seconds of reptile, mountain climber, and knee tucks. I'm not sure how many times she repeats it, but it is a killer workout.

ETA: I found it! Hot to Trot workout. OMG I thought I was going to die! http://www.bodyrock.tv/2010/06/02/hot-to-trot-workout/
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 08:13 PM  
Tugger31

My favorite, most effective/efficient ab workout is the ab section from Kelly Coffey Meyer's Muscle Definition workout. The rest of the workout isnt bad either!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 08:18 PM  
dbclark44

Quote:
My favorite, most effective/efficient ab workout is the ab section from Kelly Coffey Meyer's Muscle Definition workout. The rest of the workout isnt bad either!
I 2nd that! That ab workout is something else. She takes you way back to old school situps and finishe up with planks. I feel the burn when I do that.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 08:37 PM  
Aurora C.

Kelly Coffey Meyer's Muscle Definition workout

Oooh! I've got that one 2nd in que from Kineticflix! ...can't wait!

It's definitely longer than I can fit in regularly, but I tried the P90X+ Ab/Core Plus the other day & it kicked my ass! It was so good, I felt a good ache in my midsection the next day in muscles I didn't even know I had!

I really do love Tony Horton, he always seems to deliver a killer workout & manages to keep me chuckling the whole time...he reminds me of some goofball friend of my brother or something.
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 08:39 PM  
Arielle96

I use Firm Parts: 5 Day Abs, Firm Parts: More 5 Day Abs and Cathe's Ab Hits a lot as add on ab routines.
Arielle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 09:29 PM  
kitty12

I rarely do traditional abs anymore either. The ab portion is short on the DVD, but if you use her waist workout and then add the 10 minute ab routine on Squeeze Stronger it is a very good workout. I'll give a second vote for Core Fusion as well. I will either do one of their ab routines by itself, sometimes two - or do one ab routine and one flat back/round back routine. When I started to do Core Fusion I saw huge changes that I never saw with traditional ab work.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 09:48 PM  
horusosiris

One of my favorite Ab routines is P90X- AB RipperX
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 10:24 PM  
laurajhawk

Another vote for Core Fusion -- any of the ab segments from any of the DVDs. 10 minutes is plenty; it feels like overkill to me to do two of them.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 08:17 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I still love the abs on Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, core, core strength, core training, great body guaranteed, rock it out, rockin body, rockin' body