Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-10, 03:44 PM  
kali1

Lightbulb Discovering ExerciseTV

I'm a little late to the game on ExerciseTV. How many of you use it regularly? Have you purchased downloads from them? The vids on Cindy Whitmarsh and Stephanie Vitorino are pretty interesting. Tell me about your experiences with ExerciseTV and how you incorporate it into your workouts.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 07:14 PM  
buffmama

I use them when I visit my folks to try new stuff/instructors. Most are intermediate intensity, some are a little higher. A lot consist of mostly warm ups if you know the workouts they're taken from (I found that with the Firms I knew) and don't really get to the meat of the workout. Few complete workouts (Jillian's are the ones I remember.) It's fun to try new stuff and mix it up but the downside is that after you put in the time it may not have been the best workout. That said I'm sure I'll use it again next time I go! I always did it through on demand so can't comment on the other ways to assess. Have fun!
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 08:12 PM  
shells

I to have just discovered this! I've done Jackie Warner's upper and lower body this week. (I own the dvd but can't seem to find it, I blame the kids) Anyway, that is what motivated me to turn on exercisetv on demand.
I like that it gives me more options, we pay so much for cable; it finally feels like I'm getting my money's worth! One thing I don't care for is searching for the 'right' workout to do, it can be very time consuming. I need to figure out what I want to do the day before, maybe preview some of them. I find myself doing the workouts I already own. (prob. because I know what to expect and don't wanna waste time searching) Keep me posted if you do anything worth posting about.
Shell
shells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 02:10 PM  
fitmom24

I use it often. I have downloaded workouts from Cindy, Kendall and ac ouple of others.I also put them on a DVD. I can mix and match to my hearts content. I find the free full-length vidoes an excellent way to introduce myself to new instructors. Last week I tried Marco Reed. It was a tough workout!

Michelle
fitmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 02:26 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

I tend to take advantage of these in spurts. I really need to go back and see what they have now. The beginning of the month is always a good time to check in. But when I get ready to work out, I tend to like to go awhile and these are generally shorter. I also generally work out in the early morning when everyone else is sleeping and only the upstairs TVs have the capability of getting ExerciseTV so I don't use it so I don't wake them all. I am contemplating paying the $6.95 a month to have it added on downstairs just so I can use it. Sometimes I think that my 50-year-old house prefers I work out in the basement, giving its joists a break.

As was said, it is a good way to know if you like an instructor. That is how I found the Stephanie Huckaby workouts. I plan on buying them when they come on QVC, and I don't buy that many new workouts.
It is also how I found Petra Kolber.

I have "discovered" that a lot of times before a new workout is coming out with an instructor, they will have a lot of that instructor's older stuff on to get people interested. That is a really good benefit. They almost always have Leslie on, so for those who don't love her, but sometimes take her medicinally, this is a good source. You don't have to clutter your shelves.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 11:23 AM  
jessicavi

I have ETV on Demand. It's part of our cable package. When we first got it a few years ago, it had Studio4Fitness. It use to feature full length CIA workouts, some Tracey Mallet, and other stuff. In fact, I ended up buying my last CIA after seeing/doing it from ETV. Now they've scaled way back to just a few long workouts (longer than 20-30 minutes) now and then and no more Studio4Fitness. Oh well, ETV is a nice break from my stash or if I want to try something new. Sometimes, I even play one of their w/o's when I'm doing kbells so I can have a timer and music or so I can sub kbells into their w/o's. I've never downloaded anything though. Only w/o I've really wanted from ETV is Walking Shape Up w/ Chris Freytag. It's so different from Leslie (though the Leslie's I have I really like).
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-11, 11:39 AM  
KellyMarie65

Does anyone have the premium 9.99/month membership? Is it worth it?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-11, 12:16 PM  
KellyMarie65

Do I need the membership if I have exercise tv through timewarnercable?
Old 06-25-11, 01:05 PM  
ruthular

I use exercisetv on demand quite a bit. I often do a short workout or one of the walking workouts when I have a few minutes. Sometimes I do a Leslie walk while I'm cooking dinner, or do a 10 minute abs when I'm making the beds. It's not my primary source for exercise but it adds variety and a little something extra. Have fun!
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-11, 06:49 AM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthular View Post
I use exercisetv on demand quite a bit. I often do a short workout or one of the walking workouts when I have a few minutes. Sometimes I do a Leslie walk while I'm cooking dinner, or do a 10 minute abs when I'm making the beds. It's not my primary source for exercise but it adds variety and a little something extra. Have fun!
Thanks. I looked through the workouts before work yesterday and I will probably try some of the walk ones in the AM instead of buying dvds right now. I like the looks of some of their 10 minute workouts too. I think there used to be workouts labeled 20 minute workouts but I didn't see any this time.

Tags
chris freytag, cindy whitmarsh, exercise tv, exercisetv, stephanie vitorino