Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-25-22, 09:45 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. July has been quite a month; well, it started the end of June. I went to OH to help with the grandgirlies while my son was at Guard training. My dad was supposed to have heart surgery right when I got back, but he and mom ended up with covid. His pre-surgery tests were delayed, and his surgery hasn't happened yet. My cousin passed away suddenly, so I had to change my flight back to attend her service.
Our kids/grandkids came to Idaho on July 9, and on July 13 both my DH and our youngest grandgirlie tested positive for covid. We all got to have it.
I did a 2 mile walk today. We are all through having covid; DIL and the girls had to delay their flights home. DS made it home before he came down with it. Compared to what I had in 2/21 it was like covid lite. Thank goodness for vaccines. My brother just got back from Europe and he now has covid (he lives in AZ).
I'm just spending my days working in the garden and getting ready for the school year to start. I went in to work for several hours today to proctor online tests for students.
AnMrsDe, sorry about the PF - that stuff is brutal. Glad it's better now.
Bex, congrats on the yoga milestone!!
Tammie, I'm so glad you got to complete your trip!
Hopefully I can start adding daily workouts...
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 06:37 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Chrys, my sincere condolences for the lost of your cousin. I also wish you a full recovery for you and your family members that are sick with covid. Hugs, keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

AMD, it seems like you are having fun with your Youtube workouts! And congrats on the great results!

Tammie, it is great that you got to complete your trip, I hope you had a great time over there!

T2B, good job with your PFS rotation, I have the set and I have never tried it, how are you liking the workouts?

I have been in a vintage kick right now, The Orginal Buns of Steal, Great Weighted Workout, Le Step and Plus Ferme que Jamais by Josée Lavigueur, I also recently got Jane Fonda 5 dvd set, I already tried her Original Workout and Low Impact Workout and I enjoyed both. Her Original wo has some risky moves for the back during the standing portion though, her LIW was more challenging that I anticipated, I used 0.5 lb weighted bracelets, and since she doesn't stop using the arms, I thought mine were going to fall off! Geez, good stuff, it was a fun workout. I will add Gilad' Step and Tone, and Low Impact Workouts and keep rotating them all, so far no dread.

Just thought to pop in to say hi!!

Take care you all.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 12:30 PM  
T2B

Chrys - sorry about the loss of your cousin. Glad to hear everyone is recovering from Covid. I’m sure your summer has flown by.

ASAS - good to see you checking in. I love, love, love, Peak Fit. I love everything about it! Most of my comments are in the June thread. After your rave I added the Buns of Steel to my cart, at Mary’s. I’m happy that you’re enjoying all those throwback workouts.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 01:27 PM  
AnMrsDe

Bex, congrats on your consistency this month! You must feel very accomplished and proud to turn so many on to yoga!

Great to hear from you, Chrys! Thinking of your family and hoping everyone gets feeling better soon.

ASAS, Awesome to see you pop in!! Thanks so much for your kind words. Hoping you'll join us for August!

T2B, Great to hear you're enjoying your rotation the last couple months!
Bet you loved the weather the past week!! Short lived...back to the 90's next week!

August thread:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...05#post2972305
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 04:09 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

AMD, you are welcome!

T2B, I checked the June thread, they sound wonderful!! I need to try them out soon!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 07-29-22, 10:35 AM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post

T2B, I checked the June thread, they sound wonderful!! I need to try them out soon!
ASAS - I think you’ll like the workouts. For the longest time, I could not move the Peak Fit Band, at all. It took about 6 weeks before I could get real movement out of it. I love it! It made me stronger, which was surprising, the tension is just right for eccentric movements. It gets in there really good, but I still can’t use it for everything. My band is not as long as the ones being used in the PF workouts so I use my tubing for those movements or Cathe’s boss band for a stir the pot type movement.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 07-29-22, 12:02 PM  
cdayley

I went and helped DS in his yard for a few hours yesterday, so that was my workout. I'm hoping for either a Jessica Smith or Firm Yoga today. My allergies are out of control - I think it's the smoke from the fires around us.
T2B, I love the Peak Fit workouts!
ASAS, those are some great workouts you've been doing!
AnMrsDe, we are all much better.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 03:53 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
ASAS - I think you’ll like the workouts. For the longest time, I could not move the Peak Fit Band, at all. It took about 6 weeks before I could get real movement out of it. I love it! It made me stronger, which was surprising, the tension is just right for eccentric movements. It gets in there really good, but I still can’t use it for everything. My band is not as long as the ones being used in the PF workouts so I use my tubing for those movements or Cathe’s boss band for a stir the pot type movement.
Congrats on the strength gains! That band is very stiff for sure.

ETA: I agree with AMD, I hope it wasn't too bad in your area with the rain, take care!

Old 07-30-22, 05:06 PM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, awwe, sorry to hear this week wasn't so great with any cooler temps like I've experienced and my gosh, all the flooding issues in your city!! That is A LOT of rain!! So sorry....hope it didn't affect your area too badly.

Waves~~~ I'm going to wish all our MIA's a good month in August full of lots of good workouts whether they decide to join us or not! Of course, it'd be nice if they would..........................
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 10:13 AM  
T2B

AMD - thanks, it did get cooler after all the rain. Just horrible weather on Tuesday, mostly flooded roads near my area, but everything was good for my area after that. Other areas nearby were not so lucky. It’s been really nice the last few days, low to mid 80’s.

ASAS - thanks too!

Chrys - I missed the Peak Fit train at it’s peak but I’m loving them now!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Tags
just the workouts