Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-21, 11:01 AM  
Negin

Classical Stretch Questions

I'm 53 and I realize that I've been chasing the diet and exercise pony for most of my adult life, well, at least since my thirties. I have a lot to choose from, so much, it gets overwhelming at times. And these days, with YouTube, well, you get the idea. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. I am thankful.

So, because of having so many choices, I hadn't been doing much CS in quite a while. I usually try to do at least one every day or every few days. Once I started doing them again, and this happens to me every single time with every single program that I love - whether it's Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett, Ballet Beautiful, Lee Holden, Jane Adams, Egoscue Method, you name it - I wonder, why am I not doing this program more often. The answer is too many choices and too little time.

Right now, I'm really enjoying a 14-day free trial to Essentrics TV. I am considering streaming, but that will be for the future, when, God willing, we'll be in a better place financially.

So here are my questions:

1. For those of you who enjoy CS/Essentrics, how do you work it in to your routine?
Do you do one daily? If not, roughly how often?
Do you add it in after your workout?

2. Do any of you do CS/Essentrics as your main workout? If so, how often, and for how long?

I remember a long time ago, I believe that it was Jackie, who mentioned that when CS is the main workout, one should aim to do it for 1 - 1/2 hours. I think that she said something along the lines of CS being effective at toning and tightening, but that one most likely needs more than 23 minutes a day to make that happen. The longer sessions would be, and this I remember clearly, where "zee magic" happens! Jackie, if it wasn't you, I apologize, but I think it was you.

Tags
classical stretch, cs rotations, essentrics