Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-19-19, 04:43 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
Taiga - I just ordered the T-grip...Thank you
This will work perfect for biceps hammers curls. I have been combining weights with bands for a couple of years now. I usually do hammer curls during my weighted WOs and traditional curls during banded workouts. Hammer feels awkward with bands. Now I will be able to do both during the same WO. I think the bar gives better alignment to Shoulder Presses too.

......Bands are great for the back. In fact I like it better than weights. I can feel my back muscles squeezing with each rep. Love to work the back!
Glad to help I think you'll love it!!! Really helps to sizzle and define---esp helpful in my upper body work
Old 06-20-19, 06:33 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I have a question about the Bodylastics sets (not the Combat Ready set). Amazon shows sets with 12, 14, 19 and 31 pcs. I don't want to get anything I may not end up using. Is the 12 pc set enough resistance for heavier back exercises?
Since strength is different for each individual, I can not say what would be enough resistance for your back work. With the twelve piece set you get 96lb of stackable resistance. You can also purchase individual bands to add to your set as time goes on. If you do not like the bands there is a 100% money back guarantee.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-19, 12:33 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
You might consider using covered bands, something like this. When I'm working larger muscle groups with bands, I tend to put a lot of stretch on the bands. The cover protects you from being snapped if the band breaks. I wouldn't be able to put my all into it if I was afraid of a sudden break. HTH.

ETA: You can combine bands as you get stronger so a set gives you more versatility.

Taiga, I ordered and received the set you suggested. They look really well made!

Pardon my stupid question, but is there an illustration anywhere on how to use the ankle straps? Thanks!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-19, 10:36 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Glad to help I think you'll love it!!! Really helps to sizzle and define---esp helpful in my upper body work
Used the T-Grip today and love it! Definitely great alignment to target back which is the muscle I worked with it today. I thought I ordered just the bar, but it came up with 3 bands and ankle straps. Oh well more bands to add to the party!

Thanks Taiga
Old 07-04-19, 11:50 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Taiga, I ordered and received the set you suggested. They look really well made!

Pardon my stupid question, but is there an illustration anywhere on how to use the ankle straps? Thanks!
Goodness, I just saw your comment ---sorry for the delay

The ankle straps velcro around your ankles and you can attach the bands directly to them. You can abduct/adduct the legs while the band is attached to the door (put the anchor at the bottom of the door). You can also attach them on your feet and loop them over a bar (kind of like in the T-grip video, see at ~10:46). HTH
Old 07-05-19, 12:00 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
Used the T-Grip today and love it! Definitely great alignment to target back which is the muscle I worked with it today. I thought I ordered just the bar, but it came up with 3 bands and ankle straps. Oh well more bands to add to the party!

Thanks Taiga
You're welcome!!! You'll be ripped again soon
Old 07-05-19, 08:16 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
You're welcome!!! You'll be ripped again soon
My back is talking to me today!

Tags
bobandbrad, bodylastics, resistance bands, tubing