Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-17, 03:55 PM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I still have Leslie's 2-lb weighted belt. I use it often.

https://www.amazon.com/Walk-Off-Even...e+weights+belt

She doesn't have that belt on her site.
I really like those walks. I do them often.
Old 08-06-17, 07:49 AM  
Kitten

I love Leslie's 5 day slim down. It's 5 one mile walks with a different emphasis. Mile one is a classic walk, mile 2 is arms, mile 3 us legs, 4 is abs, and 5 is a speed walk.
There's also Leslie's Ultimate 5 day dvd with 5 different 12 minute miles. Ultimate 5 day is programmable and has 10 "slots" so you could do 10 miles if you wish.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 10:47 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
I love Leslie's 5 day slim down. It's 5 one mile walks with a different emphasis. Mile one is a classic walk, mile 2 is arms, mile 3 us legs, 4 is abs, and 5 is a speed walk.
There's also Leslie's Ultimate 5 day dvd with 5 different 12 minute miles. Ultimate 5 day is programmable and has 10 "slots" so you could do 10 miles if you wish.
Her 5-Day Slim Down is a favorite of mine, too. She is a lot calmer when she is by herself.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 11:11 AM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Her 5-Day Slim Down is a favorite of mine, too. She is a lot calmer when she is by herself.

5 Day Slim Down was my first Leslie. I also like the 5 mile walk from her new Miracle Miles Set.
Old 08-06-17, 11:43 AM  
deltoro

Leslie's 5 mile fat burning walk, all the miles are 12 minutes. I have no idea why that seems so great, but it helps me get through it.
deltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 12:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
i like this one too, and i also like 5 Mega Miles because of the nice setting. When she switched to that setting, i acquired as many workouts that used that setting.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 08:12 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Both of these sound good and the ultimate 5 day DVD seems very versatile with all the programming options. I also agree with bzar that the brighter set is nice. Some of her older workouts are quite dark.
Old 08-07-17, 02:43 AM  
Negin

Quote:
My favorite also. And yes, I always prefer her by herself also.
Old 08-10-17, 06:01 PM  
wendug

I ended up purchasing the 5 mile advanced walk from Leslie Sansone due to some of your recommendations. Thank you!! I did the workout today and it really flew by. I did the entire 5 mile walk and appreciate that it starts out fairly quick and she doesn't explain her moves like she does in her beginner workouts. I don't have the weighted belt, so used my one pound kickboxing gloves and grabbed 3 pound weights for the weighted sections. It is a good walking workout, which is definitely what I need right now as my knee is a bit wonky from a step workout I did the other day!

Question though- I bought the DVD used as new versions were going for $20 and up on Amazon. I guess since it is an older release a lot of retailers don't have it anymore. My DVD plays fine- no skipping, but the video quality isn't great. The close up shots are fine, but when the camera pulls back to show the group it's kind of blurry. Did I get a bootleg DVD?

Tags
5 mile walk, walking workouts