Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-10, 05:58 PM  
jloewe

Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk

Picked this up for under $10 @ KMart..did 3 miles of this after yoga class today...pretty nice interval cardio workout, easy to follow...right up my alley, me and choreography don't get along at all.
jloewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 06:01 PM  
cpcathy

Is this the one with Leslie and her daughter (among her other walkers)? I liked it, but eventually gave it to my mother in law. Leslie is very chatty in this one! I do like her in short spurts, the QVC set she has is quite good, in case you're interested in adding to your collection.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 11:03 AM  
KathAL79

If you like this one, you might also like 5K with a Twist, which has an almost identical format, with boosted walking for the last ~2 min. of each mile, but 5K with a Twist only goes for about 45 min (3.1 miles). Leslie's also all alone in 5K for the whole time.

Cathy, 5 Mile Fat Burning has her niece, but I don't remember her daughter being in this one. Mary Kay and some of the other usual walkers (including, IIRC, "Grandma Jo") aren't in here, either.

We could use some more reviews for this one, as the only one on the VF reviews site is a breakdown one from me. The link is http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=2586. Reviews of any length and any style are welcome! To the OP: you could cut and paste your post as a review, for example.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 11:45 AM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

I like this one (I'm assuming its the one with 2 mins of jogging at the end of each mile) much better than her first 5 mile workout.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 12:34 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcathy View Post
Leslie is very chatty in this one!
Okay, this line made me literally LOL!
You do realize this does not narrow down the description at all.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 12:54 PM  
cpcathy

OK, I get it now! 5 Mile Fatburning I actually still have and like it. And no, my description did NOT narrow it down at all . The other five mile has Leslie's daughter in it, and frankly, Leslie is downright giddy and goofy. She's more grounded in THIS one (not by much though).

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 11:26 AM  
imhere2dance

My mom ((( ))) bought me this DVD last weekend and I just did the whole workout. It's the first time I've walked 5 miles at once. I feel great!
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 05:10 PM  
eaocon

I actually really like this one - if only it had the "music only" option like some of her others....
Old 08-18-10, 05:20 PM  
binky10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcathy View Post
The other five mile has Leslie's daughter in it, and frankly, Leslie is downright giddy and goofy. She's more grounded in THIS one (not by much though).
That one is the "5 Mile Advanced Walk". I happened to do it today, and you're right, she is incredibly silly in this one. I've noticed that whenever Jimmy is in the workout she tends to be way over the top.
binky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 07:53 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
My mom ((( ))) bought me this DVD last weekend and I just did the whole workout. It's the first time I've walked 5 miles at once. I feel great!
That's awesome! Congratulations!
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 mile fat burning walk, 5 mile walk, leslie sansone, walking workouts