Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-22-09, 01:05 PM  
ssgilby

Valancy - Awesome! So helpful. Thank you!!
Old 01-22-09, 05:24 PM  
KathAL79

Valancy (or anyone else), if you're looking for even more information on these, there are currently VF reviews of Advanced 5 Mile (or 5 Mile Advanced); reviews for 5 Day Slim Down and 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk on the New Reviews page which will be moved into official spots whenever our overtaxed tech support team has the time.
ETA: Here are the proper review links for 5 Day Slim Down and 5 Mile Fat Burning.

This is what I wrote in my 5-Day Slim Down routine comparing the three:
I prefer both 5 Day Slim Down and 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk to Leslie’s 5 Mile Advanced Walk (or is it Advanced 5 Mile Walk?). I don’t know if that will be true for everyone, however, but this is what I seem to like better: the presence of a warm-up, more freedom to pick and choose individual miles rather than a few set premixes (especially since I can choose directly from the main menu, not rely on the skip button), more variety in moves, no equipment other than sneakers required (although there were people in the Advanced who did the workout without boosters), and a calmer Leslie. Of the three 5-mile walks Leslie has released so far, Slim Down is my favorite because of its variety, followed by Fat Burning Walk.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 09:24 PM  
GeminiGLB

Does anyone know the difference between "WATP Walk Strong" and "WATP Walk Strong Express"? I've seen multiple covers for something called Walk Strong, but I didn't realize until recently that they might actually be two distinct workouts.

Moved my question here.
GeminiGLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 09:32 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

FWIW, I picked up 5-mile Fat Burning at Target yesterday. It was shown in their flyer on Sunday. It was $10.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 05:30 PM  
tangerine

I picked up the "5 mile fat burning" workout at Target - I figured for 10 bucks, it was worth a try. and I just LOVE IT!! I really like the combo of Leslie alone for warmup and cooldown and then other people joining in the other miles. Leslie is a little more subdued when she is alone, and it feels like personal time with her. As a reference, I generally don't like workouts with Leslie alone. This time, the workout just flew by.

The music was great and I don't think I heard 'everybody' in there, although I skipped one mile both times I did it. I modified up using the pink gloves and burned 500 calories in 4 miles, which is on the high end for me.

Definite two thumbs up on this one.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 05:42 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valancy View Post
Thank you. I've marked the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk in my Collage catalogue.

One more question- The WATP 5 Day Fit Walk - those are just the old walks from the WATP series, right? The Collage catalogue says that "all the programs feature a large class", but my Walk and Kick is just Leslie, Mary-Kay, Sandy and Beth. I'm guessing that Collage just goofed a tiny bit in their description.
I really like this one. I got it at Target. I find myself reaching for it fairly often...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1 mile jog, 5 mile walk, everything leslie sansone, hardest leslie sansone, leslie sansone, muscle mile one, walking workouts