Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-19-07, 02:27 PM  
TracyQ

Scott --
Quote:
I'm curious to see what those are all about it sounds great!
Tony actually gave us a "live" sample of this new workout at camp and it was great. Here is what I posted about it in my camp report:

6:00—We knew the 6:00 pm workout was from Tony’s brand new, not yet released Ten Minute Trainer workouts. Tony explained that we would do three or four ten minute segments. OMG! That name is very misleading! We worked our butts off. The idea behind the workout is that even if you don’t have any equipment and are short on time you can get a great workout. Each move is done for one minute. The first 20 seconds at an easy pace, the next 20 take it up a bit and the last 20 seconds are all out. It was insane! Lots of plyo, lots of new moves and some old moves with new twists. These workouts ROCKED THE HOUSE. We were dripping. The energy in the room was indescribable. It ended at 7:37!

Tracy
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-07, 04:07 PM  
Yogadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ
Scott -- Tony actually gave us a "live" sample of this new workout at camp and it was great. Here is what I posted about it in my camp report:

6:00—We knew the 6:00 pm workout was from Tony’s brand new, not yet released Ten Minute Trainer workouts. Tony explained that we would do three or four ten minute segments. OMG! That name is very misleading! We worked our butts off. The idea behind the workout is that even if you don’t have any equipment and are short on time you can get a great workout. Each move is done for one minute. The first 20 seconds at an easy pace, the next 20 take it up a bit and the last 20 seconds are all out. It was insane! Lots of plyo, lots of new moves and some old moves with new twists. These workouts ROCKED THE HOUSE. We were dripping. The energy in the room was indescribable. It ended at 7:37!

Tracy
Hi Tracy,

Were you at the camp in New York recently with Tami and Mike, Judy and the rest of the Northwoods fitness folks?

The Ten minute trainer sounds great, thanks so much for explaining that! Mark Briggs got to sit in on some of the test group classes for that and said they were really tough!

It sounds a bit like the approach Tony uses in Cardio Intervals from the Power 90 Master series but maybe at a much higher level of intensity.

By the way, do you have a thread at Beachbody or spend time over there?

I have a P90X Photo gallery
Scott's P90X Photo Journey and X-ercise Journal
and I spend some time over at Northwoods fitness when I can.

Take care,

Scott
Yogadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-07, 06:50 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Were you at the camp in New York recently with Tami and Mike, Judy and the rest of the Northwoods fitness folks?
Scott--Yep. I attended NY camp both this year and last. I briefly met Tami & Mike. Wow they are FIT! I already "knew" Judy from the BB forums so it was nice to meet her in person. She is a beautiful person. I'm not familiar with "Northwood fitness".

Last year I attended camp with Mspina from VF. I'm not on the BB forum all that much but when I do visit I go to Michelle & Hazel's thread. Michelle is Mspina here at VF and on BB and Hazel is a member of VF too.

I've linked to a few of my many camp pictures below.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...fromshare&Ux=0

Thanks for sharing your pictures. You had an amazing transformation.

Tracy
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-07, 07:03 PM  
Yogadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ
Scott--Yep. I attended NY camp both this year and last. I briefly met Tami & Mike. Wow they are FIT! I already "knew" Judy from the BB forums so it was nice to meet her in person. She is a beautiful person. I'm not familiar with "Northwood fitness".

Last year I attended camp with Mspina from VF. I'm not on the BB forum all that much but when I do visit I go to Michelle & Hazel's thread. Michelle is Mspina here at VF and on BB and Hazel is a member of VF too.

I've linked to a few of my many camp pictures below.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...fromshare&Ux=0

Thanks for sharing your pictures. You had an amazing transformation.

Tracy
Hi Tracy,

That's so cool that you got to do that camp! I loved the pics, that obstacle course looked like a lot of fun and challenging!

Judy seems super nice, she was one of the first people to visit my thread over at BB.

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my thread and for your kind words about my results. I'm really happy with what P90X and the other BB programs have done for me. I never thought I'd be able to do this at 47 years old!

I have a spread out 6 week rotation now that includes all of P90X, Power 90 and Power 90 masters and I usually get most of Power Half Hour in also.

I don't care for Tony's Yoga so I do one of my many Yoga programs instead (I've got a pretty large collection of Yoga and Pilates stuff).

I know Tony is passionate about Yoga and I'm sure was awesome in-person with it, but Yoga X on DVD just doesn't compare to my other Yoga programs unfortunately.

Still, Tony is the person most responsible for the results I've gotten and I'm deeply grateful to him for that! He's a brilliant designer of Fitness programs and I enjoy his fun personality.

My wife did P90X Lean and had great results also!

Thanks again and take care,

Scott
Old 08-20-07, 08:45 AM  
twodiffsocks

Hi Ya'll,

I do know that the Abs exercises are on my Exercise Tv on Demand Channel.

7 minutes--tough but not X tough. love it.

HTH

"There ain't no rest for the wicked,
Money don't grow on trees.
I got bills to pay,
I got mouths to feed,
There ain't nothing in this world for free.
I know I can't slow down,
I can't hold back,
Though you know, I wish I could.
No there ain't no rest for the wicked,
Until we close our eyes for good".
Ain't No Rest For The Wicked -Cage The Elephant

"I dare you to do better." Christopher Pike
Start Trek {2009}

twodiffsocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 01:12 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

hi yogadad -

GBG is worth it because in at least 1 of the workouts where Debbie is leading (i think it's the thighs one - someone correct me if i am wrong), tony is absolutely SILENT.

worth its weight in gold!!!!

p.s. - i've done the whole 40 minutes of it in one crack - nice workout that takes up a small footprint.

~ jeannine

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 01:16 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar
hi yogadad GBG is worth it because in at least 1 of the workouts where Debbie is leading (i think it's the thighs one - someone correct me if i am wrong), tony is absolutely SILENT.

worth its weight in gold!!!!
You noticed that? LOL!

I have the GBG DVD and like it, too!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 01:21 PM  
adrien_73

I didn't know Tony was making more 10 minute workouts! Ahhh...yet one more thing to add to my never-ending wish list!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 01:26 PM  
Yogadad

Hi Alta and Jeannine,

That's funny about Tony being quite!

I actually found that there was one workout, ARX in which I had to just start doing it cues and music only. I generally like Tony's talking for the most part but found it a total distraction in ARX which I do Cues/Music only.

Probably from the past few years of doing Pilates and doing it with a very Yogic mindset, I find it a much better experience to do ARX that way. It made it a totally different experience than when he talks throughout.

I would make the same case for Yoga X (about the talking being a negative aspect), but I just don't care for that program overall where I love ARX!

As much as I enjoy Tony as a fitness instructor he just doesn't compare to me with the Baron Baptistes, Bryan Kests, Rodney Yees, or any of the really great Yoga teachers.

On the other hand, I REALLY enjoy Tony in Power 90, Power 90 Masters and Power Half Hour. For me, when he's just being funny and goofy I enjoy him more and find it makes the whole experience very enjoyable even though I'm working my butt off!

Take care,

Scott

Tags
10 minute trainer, great body guaranteed