Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-03-21, 11:10 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Hope you're feeling better now Vannie. Feeling unwell in ANY way is awful, but headaches (and nausea) are the worst.
Thanks, Helen! The headache did go away, thankfully, but my calf is hurting again. Grr. It was feeling perfectly fine all wknd with all the walking and I was doing my jump rope workout yesterday without so much as a twinge but then I decided to mummy kicks and immediately felt that tightening knot again. I was able to finish the workout and I did run my 1.5 mi last night but it's really hurting. I iced it some last night and did a lot of massaging and rolling but nothing helped. Even this morning after sleep I'm still limping.

Sooo, I have no idea when I'll be doing my 5k. Since I hadn't run since last Monday or done anything high impact since Tuesday I didn't want my first run back to be a longer one which is why I did the scheduled 1.5 mi last night thinking I could do the 5k today, which is a crosstraining day on my plan (yeah, I know it wouldn't be crosstraining but at least I wouldn't miss another scheduled run). But that is obviously not happening today since I didn't even walk Cyric a mile this morning. I swear he had pity on his poor mom and turned short the way he does when he doesn't want to walk farther. I felt like I was walking a fair pace until I looked at him and saw he was basically strolling! My active minutes were only like 3 minutes! Just frustrating. (Last night's run also felt faster but was actually considerably slower than I've been doing for that distance.)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 11:11 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Half way through my summer series. Yesterday's race was concrete the whole way - an inner circle of a park, not particularly scenic. Good news is there no bottle necks. I started faster and was pretty steady the whole way. If each time is a little faster I'll be happy. I did upper body that morning with my last leg workout 2 days before, seemed to help. Looking forward to the rest. Sadly people aren't too friendly at these. Got a handout about a trail 5K that looks good - but we already have plans that day. Buffboy would have even done that one with me, might have to be on the lookout for it next year.
That's a bummer that people aren't very friendly. Seems so unusual compared to the races I've done.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-04-21, 07:48 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
That's a bummer that people aren't very friendly. Seems so unusual compared to the races I've done.
People seem to either hang with their clubs or bring family/friends to picnic after. Apparently that eliminates the need to be chatty with others. I'm still enjoying simply being there in a crowd of runners and am savoring it.
Old 08-04-21, 11:23 AM  
Vantreesta

Buff, when you did that YouTube Fem Fusion Kegel Camp a few months ago, did it seem worthwhile?

I'm glad you're still enjoying the run series experience even though people aren't chatty outside their groups!

Old 08-04-21, 06:57 PM  
SandyO

Those bunnies were no bigger than a fat gerbil and barely able to walk on Saturday, but here it is Wednesday, and each day another one is gone. I guess I knew they had to venture out on their own, but I thought it would be a couple of weeks. Today we only saw one.

On a bad note, I see the neighbors have their trap out again. It is placed behind their shed, so I didn't see it until I was turning over the compost. I bring compost out everyday, so maybe they just put it out. Last night I purposely went out when I saw the lady outside and talked to her about a lot of things, slipping in a comment about our baby bunnies and maybe their mother comes back to nurse them, and now today I see the trap???
Old 08-05-21, 07:42 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Buff, when you did that YouTube Fem Fusion Kegel Camp a few months ago, did it seem worthwhile?
Yes and no. It gave me consistency and awareness but a lot of the moves I was already doing - ie. squats, glute moves. I liked her old program before Lift better than Kegel Camp because the workouts were shorter. I believe she took that down when she put Lift up. I listened to her latest talks and they are about paying attention as you move your body which I really think is key. My core will go when I do heavier moves, the endurance work is pretty high, or both (EPIC II). So yet again I go backwards to move forwards.
Old 08-05-21, 07:44 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
On a bad note, I see the neighbors have their trap out again. It is placed behind their shed, so I didn't see it until I was turning over the compost. I bring compost out everyday, so maybe they just put it out. Last night I purposely went out when I saw the lady outside and talked to her about a lot of things, slipping in a comment about our baby bunnies and maybe their mother comes back to nurse them, and now today I see the trap???
Maybe she was trying to protect her garden? But still .
Old 08-05-21, 12:23 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Yes and no. It gave me consistency and awareness but a lot of the moves I was already doing - ie. squats, glute moves. I liked her old program before Lift better than Kegel Camp because the workouts were shorter. I believe she took that down when she put Lift up. I listened to her latest talks and they are about paying attention as you move your body which I really think is key. My core will go when I do heavier moves, the endurance work is pretty high, or both (EPIC II). So yet again I go backwards to move forwards.
Thanks for your thoughts! Yeah, it looks like Lift has just the first couple videos still up. I think I really just need to work my core more but thought doing so with an emphasis on pelvic floor might be a good idea. I listened to a podcast recently that had good info I didn't know about the pelvic floor and diaphragm working in sync and how the whole abdominal cavity is like a canister. She also talked about connective tissues getting weaker as we age. I didn't think I would have to think about this stuff much since I haven't had kids but now I'm thinking it might be wise to be proactive!

Old 08-06-21, 05:07 PM  
Vantreesta

Always so good to see you, Sandy! Glad it all worked out for a nice walk, great visit and yummy food. My feet were so happy to get out of the Hokas when I got home so my toes could be free!! I was going to workout when I got home but poor Cyric is starving for my attention!

Old 08-06-21, 08:00 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Always so good to see you, Sandy! Glad it all worked out for a nice walk, great visit and yummy food. My feet were so happy to get out of the Hokas when I got home so my toes could be free!! I was going to workout when I got home but poor Cyric is starving for my attention!
It was too long between visits. My hammy/butt hurts from driving even though it's only 3 hours round trip.