Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-15-21, 11:01 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

UG, Watulans, I'm so under the gun with work and life, it's ridiculous! I've missed posting and apologize for my lack of it, but I've read every one of yours and cheered you all on! You are all so inspiring and awesome!! I've also kept to my workouts mostly except for a couple days this week due to Hairmax and then the unforeseen circumstance of our oven blowing up (not kidding) and the results of that.

I will say I did the upper and lower body circuit workouts from RWH this week and was shocked to realize they didn't do me in like when I did a RWH rotation last spring. I'm wondering if that was because I was doing strictly RWH workouts then and they just add up or if I'm just better able to handle those workouts now? I won't know until I attempt another rotation of RWH, I guess!! But I was thrilled to find I was having actual FUN and using heavier weights than Cathe and not totally dying, hah!!

Oh, and you all who did that Travis Purify practice MUST try Redefined with Lauren and Travis because it is SO CRAZY HARD, awesome, and hard!!! I am really enjoying my ID subscription!

ChelePA, I am thinking of you so much. How are you doing??

Keeping this kinda short, Watulans, as we have a lot to do here at Chez Lux. So since our oven is now a large paperweight, after chores today, we went appliance shopping and ended up replacing so much more than intended due to various sales, rebates, etc. ALL of what we replaced needed replacing, but oye, the $$....so I'm freaking out right now. Husband was also in the process of remodeling a part of the kitchen and so he needs to get it done ASAP before the first delivery is scheduled for next weekend, which means more work for both of us. ARG!

I will say I'm just thankful we can get any appliances sooner than I thought would be possible, given there's a shortage both from the pandemic and from all the new construction in our area. It's simply crazy. We'd heard so many horror stories from friends, so again, I'm just glad we won't be stuck too long without if all goes as planned, and that our weather is lovely which somehow makes a huge difference!

I hope to not be so MIA sooner rather than later, and STAY FIERCE, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 03:20 PM  
manleym

Bee ha about ICE lower body blast not being your jam because I LOVED it! I did Premix #4, which is the Main Routine + Blizzard Blast + Stretch and it was perfect! I did go heavier than Cathe on some of the weight moves, but I've always liked this workout.

Yesterday I did Supercuts Extreme, which was a great metabolic workout. I will have to say that the sit up/push up combo at the end did seem more doable than it used to. My form seemed better and overall this workout seemed easier than it used to. I still got a great workout and it is no means easy, but after having done so much Cathe, it was easier than it used to be.

I like the looks of March 2021 for our next rotation. I may continue to sub some step workouts like I did with this rotation since neither have any step and I think they should. I like the combo of kickboxing, metabolic, strength. I like the variety too. Since we'll only have the last week of May without a rotation, we could also see what Cathe's June rotation looks like. And that will give FOLV time to finish the RB2 rotation. I think I might pick my own workouts for the last week of May, then look at Cathe's June rotation and pick between it and March 2021.

Cataddict yay for you doing 200 lunges after Chiseled Lower Body + Blast! When I did it on Friday I considered the Blast as my BBW! You go girl! I'm over the walking lunges too. But I know they're good for me so I might try to throw some in every now and then. This week should be the 50 weighted rear lunges, so it will be interested to see how they feel after having not done them for 2 weeks, since the past 2 weeks were the 200 walking lunges. I think I'd rather do the lunges (200 walking or 50 rear) than the BBW. I'm lazy and don't like messing with the timer on my phone to time the different moves.

Kim the time on your deck sounds delightful! What a lovely afternoon! I also love hummingbirds and watching them flutter about. We have a butterfly bush in our backyard so I enjoy watching them flutter about. I know it felt good being outside.

Kittybug sorry you're still under the gun, but am so glad you popped in. YOUR OVEN BLOWING UP! OH MY!! That is so crazy! But I'm glad it didn't mess up your kitchen, or you! I'm glad that ya'll were able to find the appliances you needed. It's so crazy how expensive all that is! I remember the sticker shock when we replaced ours. Keep us posted on how the remodel goes. Hopefully by the end of May your kitchen will be back in order. It's so stressful living in it. Been there, done that. For 2 years!!

ChelePA, I hope your reading this! Pop in when you can.

Waves and hugs to all! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 03:48 PM  
horusosiris

Kittybug- new appliances and home remodeling sounds like fun to me. I love remodeling (especially after it is done) and I love new things. Post pics of your new kitchen once it is done!

Chel- I am thinking of you.

Manelym- I too will look at the Cathe June 2021 rotation.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 06:46 PM  
fanofladyvols

bee, manley and horusosiris I will wait to see what June's rotation is, but I do like the looks of March 2021 rotation so will probably do it if I don't like June.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 07:50 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug your oven blew up?!? I'm glad you're getting replacement appliances - I'm sure once it's all done you will love it.

Manley one of the perennials I bought yesterday is a butterfly bush. I planted it today. I hope it does ok in the spot I chose. How big is yours and what color flowers? Do they have different color flowers? I don't even know. I don't have a lot of perennials in my yard, so this is sort of new for me. I asked the gardener for plants that were deer resistant. We have so many in our area and they eat absolutely everything. We have fencing around our blueberry bushes or I would never have any berries to enjoy.

Hey guys, did someone post about Travis's Happy Hips yin practice from Inner Dimensions? I just did it and it's a real gem. Travis plays his harmonium and does a chant during savasana. It's amazing! I was very near sleeping when it was over. Incredible! Kittybug thanks for mentioning practices you're doing because I keep forgetting I have ID. I knew this would happen. I tend to forget about downloaded workouts, let alone a subscription I have. So Kittybug and Bee and Kate (not sure who else has ID), keep me accountable please. Yikes.

Have a great week my Watulan friends.
Old 05-16-21, 08:50 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

kittybug, that sounds pretty much like what happened to our oven. I think I turned it on, there was a pop, flash, smoke, and the circuit breaker popped and that was the end of the oven. For a good long while. I think I told you guys we baked bread, pizza, and even cookies on the grill. But we finally were able to get it fixed. Sounds like you have quite a project on your hands -- good luck with it!

Does anyone know what that "boxing bootcamp/legs & glutes" is? I thought maybe it was a premix from the Legs & Glutes dvd, but there is not one named that. I think I may mix up this week some just because of my schedule and I'm open to looking at the June rotation when it's out. It is odd that these two months (March & April) don't have any step workouts.

No workout for me today. We had brunch with our friends in San Francisco (at their house, that is) so had to leave our house fairly early. I thought I might do some yoga or a walk when we got home, but I've been pretty nonstop busy.

Both yogas mentioned by Kim and kittybug sound great to me! Part of me wants to do more of a hybrid Cathe rotation with a few yoga days mixed in, but this month anyway I have wanted to do all the workouts (though I did miss some of the kickboxing ones).

Chele, I'm thinking about you. Hope you are not in too much pain and coping mentally with all of this. Big hugs!!!

Hope those who are able to were out enjoying beautiful weather this weekend. We had gray, cold weather, but I'll take it!!
Old 05-17-21, 06:20 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
UG, Watulans, I'm so under the gun with work and life, it's ridiculous! I've missed posting and apologize for my lack of it, but I've read every one of yours and cheered you all on! You are all so inspiring and awesome!! I've also kept to my workouts mostly except for a couple days this week due to Hairmax and then the unforeseen circumstance of our oven blowing up (not kidding) and the results of that.

I will say I did the upper and lower body circuit workouts from RWH this week and was shocked to realize they didn't do me in like when I did a RWH rotation last spring. I'm wondering if that was because I was doing strictly RWH workouts then and they just add up or if I'm just better able to handle those workouts now? I won't know until I attempt another rotation of RWH, I guess!! But I was thrilled to find I was having actual FUN and using heavier weights than Cathe and not totally dying, hah!!
Congratulations on being able to keep up with your workouts even with all that's happening in your life. It also seems like you've been "increasing your shape" (don't know if it's the correct expression in English! )) Wow!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 06:25 AM  
lavna

Hello all!

Chele: I hope you're doing better!

This weekend, I decided to paint the shed. So it was Sand Max and Paint Max! I still have to apply the second coat. I hope it won't take as long as the first one, whinch took me 4 hours! But, it looks good!

Yesterday was UB so I did the cardio portion of Live 204 followed by Ramped up UB and ICE abs #1. Good workout!

We're having beautiful weather here. So nice!

Have a great day!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 12:53 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

OMG Chele!!! I'm so sorry you got hurt! Holy !@#!. Thank goodness for well made cars. I will send you lots of healing energy. We'll miss you but hope you will still feel like checking in.

cat: I remember that gal from some of the other Lives. I tend to smile (re: grimace) during Cathe's workouts too. LOL

Kim: glad jury duty is over. That's scary!!! I was summonded once for a very violent, high profile murder case here and I say NO WAY! The man and his son were very creepy. I wanted no part of it.

Waves and hugs to everyone else! Busy Monday but feeling GREAT! I worked in my yard and garden all weekend.

Backtracking...last week I finished out with Les Mills Body Jam 70 which is my all time favorite Jam! Great tunes and I love the choreography. I still look like a dork but it's fun.

Friday was Amy Bento's Drop Set Strength. I just pulled this one out of the blue as I wasn't up for my planned workout.

Today I started the week with Skogg Intervals Level 4. Yes! I had started an Iron Core workout but was not feeling it. Had a great time with Skogg and will continue on with some of his kbell workouts for a while. Mixing Cathe cardio in too.

Hi to all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 07:00 PM  
Mickey12

Nathalie great idea to paint your shed and take advantage of the nice weather. We have some painting chores for our house - the cellar door, the wood around the cellar windows, etc. I am not the best with tackling chores, so I keep putting them off.

Today I did a JNL Fusion workout. I just bought this set from Mary. It was used and not that expensive, so I decided to give it a try. Have any of you fierce Watulans done the workouts? I chose Lean Legs for my first workout. It's 6 circuits of lower body weights alternating with cardio moves. Each move is only done 30 seconds and the workout is only 28 minutes, but there isn't any warm up and essentially no cooldown. It was adequate, nothing to rave about I guess. I read some old treads about it and Jennifer's comments which some people found off-putting so I was prepared for those. I also went for a walk at lunch because it was so warm and sunny today.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Tags
watulan check-in