Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews

Old 02-02-17, 07:22 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Rodale.com: VFers describe ordering problems

I myself have no experience with rodale.com, but multiple VFers have been reporting problems in a thread about a workout (All in 18). I'm starting a thread here for people who are considering using that site and haven't been reading that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
Hi everyone,

I just had a bad Rodale buying experience so please be very careful when ordering from their web site. I was looking at the All in 18 DVDs, started to place an order, then decided I wanted to think on it, canceled and closed out the browser. Imagine my surprise when a little while later my "order" was on its way. I next called their customer service and also followed up through email. I was assured it was cancelled.

Well, surprise again, I received the All in 18 package today in the mail. I realized I had two options, keep it, or pay for the shipping envelope and aggravation of dealing with their returns and my local post office to send it back. The reviews on All in 18 are so good I'm keeping it. I also know from past experience how difficult it can be to send something back to Rodale and have the account cleared. I suspect they know this as well.
Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I had this happen to me also and I am very leary of ordering anything else from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i wanted to pay upfront to get the free shipping, but somehow i hit the back button and wound up in the same predicament except 2 packages were coming to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecelia View Post
Something similar happened to me with this set. I put the set in the cart just to see about price and then closed out the browser without ordering. Imagine my surprise when I got an email confirming my order.
https://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-ea...and-complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
The BBB reports Rodale with a 100% negativity rating, which is a shame because many of their products are actually very good.
This BBB page also gives the business an "A+" rating, as odd as the contrast may sound. The page has 5 ratings, all negative (as you could guess), and some detail about 99 complaints in the past 3 years, 36 of which were related to "Billing/Collection Issues."

The page also has this text:

Quote:
The BBB files indicate that the majority of complaints filed by consumers claim that the company is automatically sending books to consumers that were never ordered and it bills them for the unordered merchandise. The company resolves complaints by canceling the order and the bill and removing consumers contact information from future promotions. Consumers should be aware of the business's use of "negative option" which is the practice of providing products or service automatically, and the customer must either pay or specifically decline the product in advance of billing.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit

Last edited by hch; 02-02-17 at 07:34 PM. Reason: reworded title
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 05:09 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

There was another thread here some time back (a year or two maybe) describing similar horror stories with Rodale. I took note back then and vowed to stay away. It sounds like all these issues are completely normal for them.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all in 18, rodale, rodale unwanted package, rodale.com