Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-03-21, 01:47 PM  
alisoncooks

The DB Method (squat machine)

I'm totally guilty of being sucked in by Facebook ads, lol. Boredom shopper, I suppose.

Anyway, now I really want this DB Method machine. It's pricey, but I've been struggling with weight bearing lower body. Knee issues, plantar fasciitis, etc.

https://thedbmethod.com

It looks small enough to store. Something quick to add on to workouts. Anyone have this? Thoughts?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 02:32 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

do you have a fluidity barre? this looks like something you could totally do with a fluidity barre. i just tried doing it without the fluidity barre, holding onto the vertical beam in the living room.

you could also wrap a towel or yoga strap around a very sturdy pole or heavy piece of equipment and accomplish the same move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9eiZwoGjmI

$229 plus s/h is quite high for 1 machine that is specific to 1 move.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 03:33 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

You are the best judge of your fitness needs. If you have knee issues, regular squats might not be the best idea. I'd be interested to know how much resistance it provides and how to increase it over time. If you think you'll use it and can afford it, then give it serious consideration.

I do like the idea that they provide some workalong dvds. That makes using equipment so much easier, and for me anyway, much more likely that I'll make regular use of it.

Check out their return policy and warranty. Those things are important.
Old 08-03-21, 03:39 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

It reminds me the old health rider https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ySGU-XF5oWA, but more compact. I have done the same movement using a suspension trainer a while back, and it was a real butt burner.

ETA: I found this:

The DB Method beginner workout

If you think you will use it, it'd be a good buy, you could probably use it with any workout, when they do regular squat you could sub with this.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 11:59 AM  
alisoncooks

Thanks for the thoughts.

I don't have any way to replicate the motion at home (no barre, no poles). I've done this movement before in a doorway and found it helpful, but uncomfortable on my hands to grip the frame.

I'll ponder it a bit. I've lately been using mostly floorwork for my lower body, but I don't think it's enough. Idk.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 01:18 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Perhaps you could wrap a strap around a tree out in the yard to get a feel for the move.

Tags
fitness gadget, gadget, squat machine, the db method