Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-01-21, 05:32 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of August 1

Good morning everyone. I've been up since 1 a.m. this morning (got about 3 hours of sleep). g. I blame watching the Olympics until bedtime for the insomnia.

My workout yesterday was a 2-hour morning hike on a trail we have never been on. It was a pretty cool trail winding by the river, with lots of rocks and terrain changes. In the afternoon I did an episode of Essentrics to stretch out a bit.

Karjoy
- I just happened to see on the local news that Florida is leading the country in number of cases, and that it accounts for almost 20% of new cases nationwide. That certainly is not something to be proud of. I hope you stay vigilant.

Gibbee - Great to hear from you. That's awesome you signed up for the Cathe trip.

Hi to Cher and Vannie. Have a great Sunday, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 12:47 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

JB: Good morning! How is your wrist feeling? Sounds like a great hike.

Check in: 1,000 step walk (Rick Bhullar) and Stretch max w/ band

Have a great day!

Waves to all!!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 01:55 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Resting today. Feels good. Will go to Burn for Push Pull tomorrow. I will be double masking there and of course at work, since we Floridians just can’t seem to get our act together with Covid. Gibbee I think it’s pretty bad in Missouri too.

But I will say we Floridians have been great swimmers at the Olympics and did a bang up job representing our state and our country. Lots of gold medals!

Gibbee did you like Stretch Max? I have not done it in forever.

Waves toVannie and Cher.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 07:40 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday hubby and I went to another Ren Fest and had a good day. Today I went back with our friend and her kids. A different but still fun day. I don't get to spend a lot of time with the kids bc get togethers are usually adult events. I am exhausted! Yesterday we got up at 5:50. Today I overslept till 6:30 so didn't have enough time to really choose an outfit and get ready so I wore normal clothes. Plus I slightly sunburned my chest yesterday and didn't feel like exposing it to the sun again so soon.

Last week was kind of a bust with workouts. I had to take some time to rest my calf but then I just wasn't feeling like working out. I did enough to meet my minutes but nothing too hard. I need to set out my plan for this week. Tmrw will be my virtual 5k, which I admit I'm not looking forward to after not running since last Monday.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 04:31 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. I took a rest day yesterday due to lack of sleep and also nursing a sore throat. I'm doing much better today.

Karjoy
- I've really enjoyed watching the swimming portion of the Games.

Vannie - We've been to a few Renaissance Festivals around here and they've been fun.

Gibbee - The wrist is doing OK. It aches now and then if I twist it or carry something heavy. I will need to baby it for another week or two.

Cher - How are you doing?

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 08-02-21, 09:16 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: push pull upper body at Burn. Wore my mask without difficulty. Mostly back and chest which I love. A few shoulders thrown in. Renegade Rows which I dislike. I will catch up tomorrow.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 05:57 AM  
Cher

Hi everyone!

We got back from our up north vacation Friday afternoon. It was a great trip! Had a nice time spending the week with my parents and Pictured Rocks is just beautiful! We only got a little bit of rain the Saturday when we left and a couple nights while we were sleeping. Michigan summers are the best! Too bad they don’t last very long.

I’ve been trying to get back into working out. Saturday I did Jessica Smith’s Walk Strong 3 Total Body. Sunday I went for a 50 minute walk. Yesterday I did JS WS3 Strength and Stretch (not much stretch in this one) and went for about a 30 minute bike ride after dinner. I saw a JS rotation for strength & stretching so I’m loosely going to follow that I think for now.

Gibbee - Great news that your going on a Cathe road trip!

JBliff - Your hike sounds great! Glad to hear your wrist is doing better.

Karen - Such a bummer that cases are so high down there. I think for the moment, our cases are pretty low although they seem to be slowly going up in our 3 metro Detroit counties - one of which I live in.

Vannie - Glad you had fun at the Ren Fest. I know how much you like going to that.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 11:55 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 50 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher
- Welcome back! I'm glad you had a nice time and good weather.

Karjoy - I saw today that 1 out of 3 COVID cases in the country come from TX and FL! Good idea to wear a mask at the gym. Are there many others wearing masks in there or are you the lone contrarian? I got my hair cut today and my stylist and I were the only ones in the salon with a mask on, even though both of us are vaccinated. I actually talked my stylist into getting the vaccine last time I went.

Hi to Gibbee and Vannie. Have a good day, all.
Old 08-04-21, 04:54 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Jenny Ford Walk Across America New York and Jessica Smith WS3 Upper Body.

I’m going with my sister to a new cancer doctor today. Her old doctor retired last year and she’s been getting crappy care from the new doctor they referred her too for the past year. Enough is enough. She is now going to another hospital and a new doctor who trained under her original doctor so hopefully this one will work out better.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 01:48 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was ICE Metabolic Blast + a 30-minute walk with DH in the morning.

Cher
- I hope your sister's new doctor works out. It's too bad she was getting substandard care.

Have a good day, everyone.