Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-03-21, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

50+ minute walk

I didn't write down my walk in my exercise log right afterwards and now this morning I can't remember the exact length of time of the walk. I know it was at least 50 minutes and possibly a little more though.
I am planning another walk for today.

PENGUIN, glad you found a favorite instructor for now. You had a quite a productive day! Enjoy your camping trip!

CAMBET, nice job with your steps and getting the lawn done. I do look forward to hearing your thoughts on the KCM workout when you can post more. Hopefully soon! Agh!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 07:22 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was frustrating because there were some things that I wanted to get done around the house, but I kept having to take care of work things that needed my (immediate) attention. I'm leaving for Atlanta later today, so I felt like I needed to take care of those things before I go. At some point I just kind of shut down because I need a break, and I never did get to the stuff that I wanted to take care of around the house. Other than a 12 minute walk around my yard, I also didn't get in a formal workout, which I was disappointed about because I wanted to get in another weight workout before I go. I also fell asleep before getting in my steps for the day.

I have a few work emails to send this morning, then I'm going to set my out-of-office message and disconnect from work at least until the weekend (though I do have a Zoom meeting tomorrow that I have to attend). I'm thinking that I'll try to get in some walks while I'm away.

SB - Great job with getting in your walk, as always! I'm like that with my food log; if I don't record it immediately I seem to totally forget exactly how many Hershey's kisses I ate.
Old 08-04-21, 07:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

CAMBET, enjoy your time in Atlanta! I hope you get some well-deserved R&R.

I never did get to a walk or exercise yesterday. I had an electrician come to check out some blinking lights we've been having for a few weeks. He found a loose wire in the light switch panel that he tightened. It seemed fine for a few hours but the blinking started again so I have another call in to him. Then I went to run my dishwasher last night that was full to capacity and that's on the fritz.
I don't mind washing dishes by hand as I go along but when you have them stacked up for a few days it's a daunting task.
It's just one thing after another around here lately and I'm pretty discouraged.
But this too shall pass.

PENGUIN, enjoy your trip too!
Old 08-05-21, 09:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

17 minute outdoor walk (morning)
28 minute outdoor walk (evening)

My morning walk got interrupted by a call from the electrician. He was on his way over so I had to get home quickly.
He changed out the light switch in the dining room which seemed to stop the flickering for a bit but it started up again a few hours later. I have yet another call in to him. My friend from out of state is visiting this weekend so I have some errands and a lot of cleaning to do today.

Hope you all are enjoying your trips!
Old 08-06-21, 12:04 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday ended up being frustrating because I had to put off my departure for Atlanta because of work. I got on the road much later than planned and didn't get to ATL until around 9:00 pm. I had a nice visit with my parents. This morning I had to come to my sister's house early for my 2-hour Zoom work meeting () since my parent's wi-fi was down. I didn't feel well most of the day, so I rested a lot in the afternoon and didn't even think about exercising. I may try to take a walk in the morning if I'm feeling better. I think I'm just stressed and exhausted.

SB - Glad you were able to get in a a couple of walks. Sorry to hear about the problems around the house. I'm having some similar issues, and usually I'll get my neighbor to fix it (he's a very handy person and a perfectionist), but I've not been wanting to bother him, so I need get someone out to fix one of the light switches and make some other smallish repairs. Like with the tree guy, you're inspiring me to actually take some action and make some calls, so thanks for that! I know it can feel discouraging to have one thing after another, but you are right, this too shall pass. At least you are actually doing what you need to do to take care of things that need to be repaired. I hope that you have a great visit with your friend!

Waves to All!
Old 08-06-21, 08:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

YT Pahla B Essential Weights
25 minute outdoor walk

I had a lot to do yesterday so did Pahla's weight workout thinking that's all I had time for. But then DD and I decided to do a brisk after dinner walk too!

My friend is on her way so looking forward to that. We have some fun things planned with other friends too. We'll probably do some walking while she's here.

CAMBET, oh sorry work messed up your plans a little (what else is new right?)
Hopefully you get to that R&R soon.
Thankfully I think the electrician got it this time. He changed the circuit breaker for the rooms that were flickering. Third times a charm? *fingers crossed* My neighbor who removed my snow this winter is very helpful but I don't like asking. And if my DD didn't nag me about things around the house I probably would let them go longer than I have She's a worrier though and she is right, they do need to be attended to. LOL.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 08-07-21, 12:05 PM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I slept a lot yesterday because I am tired, but I also did a couple of workouts. I did CH Elite: Wild Horse (barefoot and in regular clothes) and after my sister got home she wanted to do this YT workout she's been kind of doing, Get Fit with Rick Disco-Funk 3000 Steps (which was not actually 3000 steps; according to my Fitbit it was between 2400-2500 ), so we did that.

I'm going to go visit the twins and their siblings today (it's a 1 1/2 hour drive from where I currently am) and spend the night with them, so I probably won't get in a workout today or tomorrow, and I'm okay with that, since I am technically on vacation.

SB- Great job with your workouts. There's a thread about PaulaB in GD, and I've been meaning to pay more attention to her workouts, so I'm going to check her out again after I get back home. I probably won't be able to keep up with the 49 min KCM weight w/o that I like after school starts, so I'll need to find some shorter options. I hope that you enjoy your time with your friend and the fun plans with her and others!

Waves to All!
Old 08-07-21, 06:10 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So we got back last night, unpacked the rv and then today i did laundry and repacked sheets and towels and things we had run our of on our trip. We noticed the stores shelves were getting bare so we stocked up on some things like canned veggies just in case.

We hiked every day and sometimes twice, so we are more exhausted than when we left. It didn't help that we were near an army base that was practicing night manuvers! It didn't bother me much but hubby would just get to sleep when another would fly over either coming or going! The nice weather held out so that was good.

No workout today. My feet and legs don't feel up to it.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 01:02 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

YT SarahBeth yoga morning flow
53 minute outdoor walk

Today was:

54 minute outdoor walk

My friend is a yoga person so I did a short yoga with her yesterday. Then we walked in the park with a couple of other friends.
My friend and I walked this morning before she left. We had a really nice time this weekend. Fun times and a lot of laughs.

CAMBET, glad to see you got some rest.
Enjoy your time with the twins and their siblings.

PENGUIN, sounds like you need some rest to recover from your vacation. The hikes sounds great but that's too bad about the army maneuvers.

Have a great day!
Old 08-09-21, 12:35 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday and today I had a great time with the twins and their siblings. They are all so loving and welcoming when I come around. I really enjoy spending time with them! After I left them my sister and I spent some time with my parents and we had a nice time. After we got back to my sister's place I did CH Elite: Rope & Ride. I've been completely undisciplined with my eating and working out that I'm not looking forward to seeing how much weight I've gained after I get home.

SB - I was surprised at first to read that you had done yoga, then I saw that you did it with your friend. I'm glad that you two were able to get in some walks! Sounds like it was a lovely, fun weekend! Yay!

Penguin - Good to hear from you again! The hikes do sound great, but the army maneuvers, not so much! I hope that you recover quickly.

Waves to All!