Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-21, 09:25 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy Moan Day! I'm sorry to have not posted recently, my family is being bombarded with sadness and I was inactive a couple of days. My 80 year old BIL is in the hospital with a myriad of health problems he has hidden since my sister died in 2019, and we also found out that my other sister, who the family is estranged from, died last week.

I'm feeling better after two good workouts yesterday and some good news. DH and I hit the gym where I had a 50 minute workout of weights and 15 minutes recumbent. In the early evening I walked to my osprey nest and got to see the juvenile bird fledge from the nest. I did not see any parents about. All of a sudden the juvie stood up, flapping his wings like he was exercising, and suddenly took off to another light post. He flew short distances to several light posts, stopping to rest. It looked like he was starting the Couch to 5K program! I'm so excited to have experienced that moment and it was such a huge mood lift and reminder that there is so much joy in life, too.

Also 7,500 steps.

I promise to catch up tomorrow - make it a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 08:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jenny Ford - March Across America # 3 - Vermont
Yoga w/ Kassandra 10 Min Morning Yoga w/ Kittens

I'm not terribly sore from JV's workout yesterday - probably b/c I modified and was pretty conservative w/ weights, etc. For me that is good - I don't like to be terribly sore - a little bit of something to let me know I worked is fine, but not much more than that!

Yesterday evening DD and I walked - it was cooler and nice to get out - I ended the day w/ over 10K steps so not bad at all for a work day and one where I did not do cardio!

Pat - I'm sorry for your recent losses/family sadness. Some part of life are just tough. ((HUGS)) I'm glad you got to see the osprey nest.
Nice work, Summer Breeze!

Waves, Diana

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 08:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday I took a neighborhood walk and challenged myself to go up a long, steep hill from the river. Whew. 6,500 steps for the day.

Thanks for the hugs Donna. OMG I have to check out Kassandra's yoga with kittens!

Summer Breeze, are you having the glorious weather we've been having? Such great days for walking.

I hope Diane is okay, we haven't seen her in a couple days.

Waves to anyone who visits!
Old 08-03-21, 09:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50+ minute outdoor walk

I didn't write down my walk in my exercise log yesterday and now I can't remember the exact length of time of the walk. But it was at least 50 minutes and possibly a little more. I am hoping for another walk today.

DONNA, nice workouts. I notice you're not doing Pahla's new August workouts. I want to try the new weight workout she put up. I really enjoy her weight and met-con workouts.

PAT, so sorry about your BIL's health issues and the loss of your sister. {{hugs}} Sounds like you witnessed quite an event at the osprey nest. I love a good hill walk! Yes the weather has been lovely for walking.

Hi DIANE.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 09:49 AM  
donnamp

Summer Breeze - I am missing Pahla - I wanted to try something different but I may go back to her soon. I find her workouts don't make me tired.

What I may try to experiment with is splitting my workouts up during the day - since I'm still working from home -

I think something like this would work well for me -

Morning - Yoga or Pilates or Classical Stretch - basically something to wake up

Afternoon - Pahla B workout

Evening - Walk or other type of winding down activity

I may try it next week

I find that w/ my insomnia I have trouble waking up early enough to get a full workout in in the morning before work - so doing something 20-30 min to wake up may be best.

Then for the afternoon energy slump - Pahla...

then for the evening to wind down - a walk or yoga or CS or something like that

Donna
Old 08-03-21, 09:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

DONNA, that does look like a good plan to stagger the workouts throughout the day. I have insomnia issues too and even though I don't have to get to work, some days I don't have the energy for anything until the afternoon. I find I can do Pahla's workouts even on low energy days. You always manage to stay consistent with doing some form of exercise. I've always admired that.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 05:35 AM  
amoodygirl

It's always something and usually nothing..... I'm alive and well - no worries!

Well, still haven't worked out in my usual fashion as we've hit a bit of a snag with our porch.

As of last Thursday, our porch was 90-95% completed, with the crew chief coming back on Friday to finish the stairs. Well, he texted us on Friday a.m. saying his whole family was sick and he would be back to finish on Monday. Monday's text he was still sick and yesterday, his wife texted us to let us know he was worse and that he "may" or "may not" have covid! Although both Gerry and I are fully vaccinated, I'm freaked. None of them have been in my house and we've only dealt with them outdoors.

I spoke with a doctor yesterday we're getting covid tested today or tomorrow but she wants Gerry and I to self-quarantine to be on the safe side and not risk infecting anyone else, which I totally understand. Since we haven't seen anyone since last Thursday night, a 10 day quarantine would take us to Sunday. We both feel fine but that doesn't mean anything unfortunately.

To say I am totally freaked out and pissed off about this. We have a high fully vaccinated rate here in NY but there are, sadly, many exceptions. I'm going to assume - and hope I'm wrong - that he was not. My gut says I'm not wrong.

So, yesterday we went for a short walk to test out Gerry's injury. So far so good but he still has to rest it. We ordered a lower leg compression sleeve and it should be here tomorrow. I'm a huge fan of compression sleeves as I use one for my hamstring because of an old injury.

Pat - I'm so, so sorry about all the sad news of late. I am estranged from my only brother. He's an enormously angry and unhappy guy. I don't know how his wife puts up with him. How COOL about the juvie Osprey!!! Mother Nature is just awe inspiring, isn't it.

Donna - so jealous that you're right back in the exercise mode! I will get there but right now I'm too anxious with all going on - and yet, exercise is what I really need!

Summer Breeze - I'm impressed by your consistency. It's not as easy as it seems!

Anyway, I missed not posting and checking in! Fingers crossed that we don't test positive, that my porch gets finished, and I'm back to my working out happy place!!!!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was missing Pahla - you knew this would happen, right?

So today I did:

Pahla B - August Playlist - Day # 1 - full body w/ weights

I didn't have time for anything else this morning.

What I like about Pahla - her workouts don't make me tired and I find her to be encouraging and pleasant to "be around"!

Yesterday after work DD and I walked our Golden. I end the day w/ over 7K steps, my goal is 7K per day/49K per week. I know some days the 7K won't happen for one reason or another but I figure some days will be over 7K so it doesn't really matter.

Diana - I hope that all turns out well w/ you guys and the COVID situation. It is worrisome, when you read about the breakthrough infections. But the good news is that I think that the cases are milder in those that are vaccinated. But still, there are so many unknowns it is hard to not worry. Hopefully all will be fine. My DD wanted to go to a concert in a couple of weeks, and I feel uneasy about having her do that - both b/c it is 2+ hours away and also b/c of the delta variant. She is fully vaccinated but being in a crowded space w/ people singing and yelling ---sort of scary at this time.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 08-04-21, 09:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! It was just too glorious of a day to waste, so after work I went for a nice walk at the beach. Wish I could have stayed for the sunset because it looked like a promising one was in the works. Before my walk I did the original Winsor 20 Minute Workout; 6,000 steps for the day.

Nice job on reaching your step goal Donna. They're hard to get in when you have a desk job.

Diane - oh no!!! That really sucks. It sure sounds to me like neither he nor his family were vaccinated, and I'm sorry you have to quarantine because of it. Just when we're free to go more places. It's sad being estranged, but usually there were good reasons for it.

Summer Breeze, thanks for the hugs. I appreciate it.

Make it a great day ladies!
Old 08-05-21, 05:51 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Well, my porch is finished - the company sent three guys to finish the job and it is beautiful! I'm so, so happy.

We still don't know if that worker has covid or not but one of the guys told me he was the only one not vaccinated so no surprise. He may just have a bad cold. He needs to be tested but hasn't as of yet - geezus.... So we continue to quarantine until Sunday, which is fine. The doc says we could get a Covid test but wait until we're closer to the end of quarantine as one day you could be negative, next day positive - sheesh.... This whole situation is maddening!

Today I'm planning on starting Boho Beautiful 10 Day program. A friend was looking for the dvds and I knew I had them - somewhere - and miraculously found them. So beautifully filmed. I hope to be going back to my regular cardio routine and Margaret Richard weights.

Donna - I'm a huge music/concert goer. I have traveled all over to see my favorite bands. One favorite, Brian Wilson (Beach Boys) will be playing in Albany in a great venue. At first I was all into it but changed my mind. As much as I love Brian (and Paul McCartney, etc.) and worry that they're all so old and each concert could be the last, I just cannot bring myself to go to a concert yet. Last summer I had tickets for Chicago, the Doobie Brothers, Dead and Company, Brian Wilson, etc. all cancelled for obvious reasons. So I won't be going back until 2022 if we truly have an all clear on the virus. I'm sure you daughter will be OK - she's young and vaccinated. At 63, almost 64, I can't take any chances.

Waves and hugs to Pat and Summer Breeze!!! Have a great day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jim fixx