Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-21-21, 02:18 AM  
ChelePA

It’s the middle of the night. Can’t sleep. Reading your posts of encouragement have always boosted my mood. And reading about your workouts has been a nice distraction lately. Just when you think things can’t get more difficult….my nurse now needs a nurse. My daughter broke her ankle today. I am so overwhelmed. My husband does not have a job where he can work from home. My family is super supportive but they all work full-time. These past 2 years are definitely challenging my family. I think I need to start keeping a journal or maybe meditation so I can relax my mind. Exercise was always my outlet. Thanks for “listening”. Tomorrow is a new day and we will figure things out.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 08:02 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Wednesday!

Cathe had a special Birthday Bash Metabolic CL workout yesterday at 3pm. I did it live with her and it was fun. Everyone had on birthday party hats and it was festive. She moved the day of the regular Cathe Live so that she could do it on her actual birthday.

Chel- I am so sorry to hear about all of the difficult life situations that re currently confronting you and your family. I hope your daughter's ankle heals very soon and your recovery continues o progress. Please know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there! Better days are ahead.

Bee- I did Combat Boot Camp Surge

Cataddict- Deciding where to move can be stressful at times and then at other times it can be fun. We have pretty much narrowed it down to the NE or SE. What can I say? We are east coast people.

Linda- I am not sure why there is a no refund policy, especially with so many thing in flux with Covid, variants, restrictions etc. The road trip is a relatively short drive for me but I think that I would rather wait until things are more settled nation wide.

Manley- I have not done any Michelle Dozois workouts in forever even though I own most, if not all of her workout. For some reason I am currently not drawn to her maybe because so many of her workouts are higher impact. These days I am doing more mixed impact workouts.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 10:59 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Greetings Watulans!

I'm a bit behind as we went out of town for a couple of days. We took the travel trailer up to the Reno/Carson City area to look at neighborhoods and houses. Sadly, there is a terrible wildfire near there and the air quality was dismal.

kittybug - they never put that original Body Pump on DVD as far as I know. That's too bad because it is a good one.

Chele - Oh, no! I'm so sorry about your daughter's ankle. Can things get any more stressful for you? Meditation can be helpful sometimes when things are overwhelming. I started a Free Meditations thread ages ago. I'm not sure if all the links are still valid:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=193291

And, our very own Toaster/Beth has some great meditations on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...uM1Z541EiGzWkV

It is frustrating when rehab progress is slow, but you are improving. After I fractured my vertebra, I did months of PT. I could barely tie my own shoes or pick up the cats. I had to re-think many of the household chores, etc. The time seems to drag, with improvements and setbacks, but you have the will and determination to see this through.

Bee - LOL, no Cathe Road Trip for me. I'm a menace in live classes! I never really liked bands/tubing until after my injury. I couldn't do any bent over movements, so I bought some (Bob & Brad) wall anchors and used bands for many exercises. I was surprised at the strength gains and muscle definition one can get with bands.

We are still planning on the move. I've already started packing small things, even though we haven't found a house yet. Apparently, one can never start packing, sorting, tossing and donating early enough!

Workouts - Nothing on Sunday. Some Qi Gong on Monday and the new Body Project on Tuesday.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 12:31 PM  
ChelePA

Thanks VVfer. I’ll check out the links. My stress level is pretty high right now.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 01:05 PM  
fanofladyvols

ChelePA I am so dadgum sorry about your poor daughter and also how it affects your household. Can you call your insurance company to see if any home health options are available to you?

This may not mean anything at this point but the crystal bell rings came out like a horse galloping on glass shoes...it was " da-duh-link..da-duh-link " for 86 times for you this AM

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 01:14 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
ChelePA I am so dadgum sorry about your poor daughter and also how it affects your household. Can you call your insurance company to see if any home health options are available to you?

This may not mean anything at this point but the crystal bell rings came out like a horse galloping on glass shoes...it was " da-duh-link..da-duh-link " for 86 times for you this AM
I'm so dang busy, Watulans, that I haven't had a chance to post in several days but I simply HAD to second this, as it was my first thought too for ChelePA. Good thinking, FOLV. Chele, I'm SO FREAKING sorry this is all happening. You are amazing in how you've coped with everything thrown at you.

I'm seriously considering adding a new mantra to my life, 'WWCD'...Which is 'What would ChelePA do?' as a reminder to myself to keep carrying on one step at a time when the going gets rough!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 02:18 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Oh, Chele, I'm so sorry! You've got so much on you---much more than your share and your poor daughter! Sending virtual hugs your way

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 03:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello....

Oh Chele! So sorry to hear about your daughter's ankle! You are definitely being challenged. Wow. I hope you find meditation helpful. I'm trying to think what I do when I'm stressed like that. I can't remember if we talked about this but do you like to do puzzles? Sometimes I can zone out when doing a puzzle and maybe some zoning out would do you good. Sending healing vibes to your daughter and big hugs to you.

cataddict, sorry to hear you haven't had the best week. It's tough times for a lot of people, for sure. I may have started my 20 instructors rotation. This morning I did a Gilad workout I bought from Mary's sale on a complete whim. Well, not completely..... I remember Garrie mentioning it here and I thought he said he liked it. It was Step & Tone, I think it was called. No offense, Garrie, but I thought it was long and boring. It may have been my mood because I was thinking that it's repetitive in the same way as Ilaria's workouts are, but the last time I did them I liked getting into that zone. So, I'm not sure what my problem was. So funny, cataddict, I had the same thought as you about not knowing if I could get to 20 instructors. I was mostly thinking dvds and then I thought I could always add in some youtube. But.... silly me..... I have plenty on my shelf, also! And if we're trying to get 20 different ones in it means we're not doing a lot of anyone.

Linda, thanks for making noise for Chele! I love to imagine you ringing that chime over and over again. I don't know what to tell you about the bah bah bah song. It's in Cardio Party and she's doing floor work at the time. She sort of sings along with it at one point. Oh, maybe I'll see if I can find it in a clip.

Baby, (yes, I'm going to keep calling you that!), very impressive that you have already started packing! I was on a small roll with decluttering earlier this year and then I don't know what happened but the rebel in me is saying "no way" at this point. Ug...... I really need to.

horusosiris, the birthday workout sounds very festive! I can understand you wanting to stay east coast -- if that's what you're familiar with and plus you have so much family in that area, right? Makes sense.

manleym, how's that hip flexor doing today? I thought about you with all the stepping I did with Gilad this morning. Can you figure out anything that gives it relief?

Waves to Kim, Kate, and Nathalie! Moby2 out.....
Old 07-21-21, 03:16 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Linda,
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Cat...ng-E-p/772.htm
start listening in at about 16 seconds. At 19 seconds you will know what we mean. Oh, the clip even has her "singing" part at about 38 seconds.
Old 07-21-21, 09:29 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Linda,
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Cat...ng-E-p/772.htm
start listening in at about 16 seconds. At 19 seconds you will know what we mean. Oh, the clip even has her "singing" part at about 38 seconds.
Haha that's funny...esp. if you do the workout without music. Thanks, bee! I bet she heard that song so many times in rehearsal it was stuck in her head. I noticed it was mostly a new crew of background exercisers in the clip.

Baby Watulan you can never pack or purge early enough. Sorry the trip had a fire nearby.

cataddict good to see you. We all need a break sometimes.

It looks like i'd be the only Watulan who would be going to the road trip so I am not sure I'll sign up. I totally understand. My husband thinks I'm looney bin to even consider it since it's so far away and with everything going on.

I tried to do a yoga, bailed on it, and just did pilates and a workout on Lauren's SUAT. I am going to shop my collection in a few for something else to do. I don't feel finished for the day.

Hang in there Watulans!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in