Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-21, 06:37 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sore! I am sore! Sunday's workouts were:

Pahla B - Weight Loss Toning - 22 minutes;
This was just a cardio toning with light weights workout. Even though it was short, I still found it somewhat challenging. Looking forward to today's walking intervals workout and maybe a chair stretch for good measure. My inner thighs are so sore and for the life of me, I can't figure out what Pahla made me do to make that happen. She must be a witch practicing black magic.

Jessica Valant - Scoliosis Exercises and Stretches - 18 minutes

Dana - Hoping you can get a night off from the fireworks! I've actually heard some here randomly the last week or so. And not just a one off, like a collection of fireworks.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 08:35 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

WH Full Body - 20min.
ePilated Gorgeous Glutes Day 1 - 15min.
SBF Abs w/ball - 11min
PBL 10min Standing Booty with Band.
I'm still on Lisa's email list and this was a free workout she included in her email.

I'm hoping to go to the park with DH and do some walking by the river. There shouldn't be too many people out on Monday morning.

Carol, we still had some fireworks last night. Sigh....I just don't understand people.

Linda, how did you like Piyo buns? It's been a while since I've done any Piyo workouts but I'm planning on doing more DVDs and less streaming next year.

Hi to Donna, Brenda, Christine and Cheri!
Old 07-20-21, 06:25 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana you did a bunch of workouts! And I have been pleasantly surprised by all the workouts so far on PIYO. My body needs more warmup than the PIYO warmup though. Otherwise, the PIYO workouts work well for me

Carol that's really cool you got such a great workout with your thighs .. they're so hard to work! My hike was really great and I look forward to walking it again. It was one a friend of mine recommended. One curious thing I see is bad footwear on hikes. I saw two young men in socks wearing Nike slides My back and knees cringed as I walked past them.

I guess I need to catch up on my workouts! Saturday was Kathy Smith pilates for abs; Sunday was Sandry Yoga/pilates sun salutations; K. Smith fat burning breakthrough and yesterday was Lauren Sexy strength warmup and PIYO strength intervals.

FWIW, PIYO strength intervals has been my favorite workout so far. I liked how you did lunge /squat variations immediately followed by some cardio. Not much for upper body on this. This is the kind of workout I can make myself do when I don't feel like pulling out equipment.

The Sandry set seems to be a very good value. The sun salutations was an energizing session.

Haiii Donna, Brenda and Christine!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 10:46 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

30 min walk/read; 60 min step

Today was my first day of training and things went well. I feel like I started a new quarter in college with teachers, reading assignments, other assignments to work on, eventual "testing" with the real job tasks... I love school.

Linda, good job on your hike training! How long will your August hike be?

Dana, fireworks sound scary. It's been so dry here in the PNW that the fire danger is ridiculously high.

Waves to all!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 08:14 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

WH Bodyweight & Dumbbell Full Body Workout - 24m. Very good! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBkzXyiO_Og
JS Cardio Flow - 20min off Total Body Balance DVD
SBF Advanced Abs - 16min

I hope everyone is doing well! I'll check back later.
Old 07-21-21, 09:53 PM  
fanofladyvols

Brenda it's 11 miles with an elevation of over 2700 feet. So it's a hoof up a hill So far, my longest is 5 miles with elevation half that. But I don't feel wasted or anything so I think I'll survive

Dana I love that cardio flow on that DVD.

I love the mix of pilates and kettlebells and did that today with Sandry's yoga and pilates core segment with the first workout in Lauren Brooks Shut up and train. I will do something else but am not sure what I'm feeling. I tried a yoga but it wasn't a good fit for me. May have to close my eyes and point, lol.

Waves to Donna, Carol and Christine!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 07-23-21, 07:32 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

SBF Total Body Cardio HIIT 15 of 43min. Wasn't feeling this one.
SBF Abs 4 - 15min
Burpee Girl Super Power Walk - 25 of 50min. Kind of monotonous with mostly lateral moves which is not that great for my hips, but not a bad walk (in small doses) if you want something different. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOKSLZ_LmV0

I hope everyone is doing well. Waves to all!
Old 07-24-21, 08:06 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Hi ladies! I'm back, but I haven't done anything workout-wise. I'm still recovering from my "vacation". We visited relatives on both sides of the family and went from one side of political craziness to the complete opposite side of political craziness. It's hard being a centralist these days (and honestly until this weird time we are living in, I would have never considered myself one)!

I'm not finding myself inspired to do any exercise, but hopefully I will find something that makes me happy. I noticed Karen had a new workout up on YouTube this morning and it did look good, so maybe that one.

Linda - That's quite the hike! The yoga on Caroline's set would be a bust for me as well.

Brenda - I love school too! I think that's why I work in a school (love the rhythm of the school year) and why I take week-long Zoom courses on genealogy on my "vacations" (love to learn).

Dana - Good workouts! Karen puts such nice stuff on YouTube.

Carol
Old 07-24-21, 09:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Workout Hotel - Pilates Sculpt (Full Body Workout) - 20 minutes

This was a good one with light weights and a loop band. Karen kept things moving. I still didn't want to exercise...

Hopefully tomorrow I will be more energetic.

Carol
Old 07-24-21, 09:50 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I am pretty excited about the hike. But we will see afterwards if it's something I want to keep doing. So far, it's just a bucket list item. And good for you getting yourself to move even though the desire really wasn't there.

I heard a podcast once that said find yourself things you can do when the motivation is gone because motivation is fleeting and ebbs and flows. However the exercise habit doesn't have to go out the door with the motivation. You're doing an excellent job of illustrating that.

Dana haha I don't think anyone called burpee girl will call me. But you kept plugging along as well. Nicely done!!

Donna hope you're recovering from work this weekend and getting some well deserved rest.

Yesterday was Lauren Brooks Shut up and train #2( I hate the title, love the workouts.) Today was Taebo basic live#8. ( And yes, Carol I have not one but two working VCRs. )

I'll add some yoga later tonight.