Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-15-21, 08:52 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:

Pahla B - June #2 Cardio workout - 24 minutes;
Therapy Exercises;
Jessica Valant - Pilates for Scoliosis #1 - 13 minutes

Pahla's cardio workout alternated 20 seconds of a cardio move followed by 10 seconds of walking. I noticed towards the end my heart was getting a little high, so I slowed things down.

Donna - it's funny how the littlest thing can throw us completely out of alignment. No wonder physical therapists stay busy!

Brenda - There's a learning curve with everything. You'll figure it out.

Linda - You must have a working VHS player if you are doing the TaeBo Lives. I enjoyed those back in the day.

We've had a nice day today - not too hot at all, especially for July. It's really quite amazing.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 09:44 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Congrats Brenda on getting your job! Wonderful that you can further your knowledge on the job and get paid at the same time.

Linda and Carol, I've ultimately decided not to buy GHUTV Strength Over 50 dvds. While this set was very reasonably priced, I don't think that split workouts would work for me. I can't see myself working out one day for 43min just on chest, shoulders and triceps and next day just on back and biceps for 40min. I prefer full body workouts or if they're focused on 1-2 body parts, I prefer them to be short - something like Workout Hotel.

I didn't work out this morning because I overslept. Lately I've been waking up at 2-2:30am and I can't get back to sleep until 4-5am and consequently I oversleep. I had to go to the office today too.

Linda, I received my Caroline Sandry set couple of days ago and I'm going to try her rotation in January. Yes, it's several months away but by then two of my pilates subscriptions will expire and I can concentrate on my DVDs. I also bought Used Winsor Pilated Advanced Circle DVD and that one I will try next week. It's only 30min long and it looks promising.

I've had a rough week at work and I feel tired. Lately I've been asking myself: do I really need this aggravation and increasingly the answer is NO.

Waves to all!
Old 07-16-21, 08:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Will have to be brief as I am running behind today.

This morning was:

Ellen - Gentle Barre - Ellen hits the spot for me whenever I'm feeling stressed or unmotivated. This was a nice class - not too hard at all - but relaxing which is what I need.

My shoulder/neck is still off. Last night I did Jessica Valent's PT for SI Joint practice and a practice she had for neck pain - which I think helped a little bit. I think it is a combo of sleeping "wrong" and all this desk work I do.

I'm on vacation next week - we are doing a quick weekend trip to visit my Dad and then when we get back DH and I are doing a mini trip by ourselves. My DD is staying home w/ the dogs b/c she has to work. The dogs are coming w/ us to my Dad's which should be interesting.

So, I may be scarce over the weekend and next week...but will try to pop in when I can.

Oh -my daughter is looking an off the track thoroughbred rescue. She found a horse she wants to meet. I think having a horse will be good for her - it will keep her out of her own head and isolation in her room - it will also force her to get a job to help pay for some of the expenses. She definitely needs something to push her into the world from time to time. The big "sell" will be my DH.

Dana - I'm with you - I do not like splits...I prefer to do a total body workout. I share the same sleep issues as you - last night I couldn't sleep b/c my shoulder was hurting....ugh. But some nights I just can't sleep and then I also oversleep and it puts me behind the next day. I also ordered Caroline's DVDs - even though I have 30 Days to Flat Abs already. I may put that on Share the Wealth. I also ordered Jenny's March Across America and a step DVD of hers. I had CC points to use, so they "paid" for most of it. LOL!

Carol - how are things going w/ JV's "prescription" - I am planning on scheduling a consult with her next week - I know it will probably be several weeks before my appointment, but I think it will be helpful.

Waves, Linda and Brenda ....and anyone else who stops by!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 08:21 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were

Pahla B - June #3 Walking with Weights workout - 25 minutes
Therapy Exercises
Jessica Valant - Gentle Pilates Workout for Beginners - 20 minutes

Pahla's workout was either a minute or 45 seconds of walking intervals followed by 15 seconds of dumbbell cardio moves, all shoulder friendly! It was a good workout - not too much. I am appreciating the "not too much" approach that Pahla incorporates in her workouts more and more these days.

Donna - Jessica's "prescription" is going well - I'm actually noticing more improvement in the evenness in my back than I am in my hamstring. But that doesn't surprise me - hamstrings are notoriously slow to heal. I think I will definitely do a followup appointment with her in another month or so. Hope you have a nice break next week. We are going to Oklahoma for a couple of days next week to see my brother's bunch and one of DS's aunts. We haven't seen either one in almost 2 years.

Dana - I agree - I am not interested in split weight workouts that are that long. It just isn't happening at my house any more. We have had so many people at work who are reassessing major things in their lives and making major changes. It's really interesting what a pandemic will do to people's priorities.

Carol
Old 07-17-21, 06:50 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I won't get a workout in today but I'll be plenty busy. My cousin texted me yesterday that she'd been called at the last minute to fly to ORD and can we meet? She lives in Europe. Last time we saw each other was almost a year ago. Of course, I said yes but her hotel is about 40 miles from my home and she's flying back tonight. I want to take her shopping and there's nothing around her hotel so I'll be a driving fool today. We're first cousins in our very small family and we always have so much fun together!

WH posted new workout on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbkGcPoD-1U. It's a full body dumbbell workout that's only 20min long. Karen's workouts are very efficient and 20 to 30 min is all I want to spend on weight training these days.

I'll check back later. Waves to all!
Old 07-17-21, 07:33 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Gosh Dana have fun! It's the season for reunions. Karen's workout sounds good - you've got to love a 20 minute full body strength workout. Take that, Cathe!

Carol
Old 07-17-21, 09:31 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've had a wonderful day with my cousin today but boy, am I beat! The heat, traffic, driving miles and miles back and forth, walking and gazilion of people everywhere just wore me out. We went everywhere that we both like to go to, but we didn't buy anything...we just looked, talked, enjoyed each other's company and we ate some awesome food. Now I'm able to relax in my own home while she has a 9 hour flight (work) ahead of her. I dropped her off at the crew hotel mid-afternoon and hopefully she was able to get couple of hours of sleep before she had to report to work. We both loved the day!
Old 07-17-21, 10:02 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Oh, and guess what some of our neighbors are doing tonight? Shooting fireworks, as they've done most evenings since before the Memorial Day, that's what. Sigh....
Old 07-17-21, 10:30 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana maybe you'll be so exhausted you'll pass out? Your day sounds fantastic though.. good for you!

Donna sounds like your Totalfitness order were points well spent to me! And I think you getting a consult with JV sounds like a great idea. I also like the sound of your daughter taking on the thoroughbred rescue.

Carol I have been doing that reassessing of priorities for awhile now..last two and half years. I have been shedding time suckers with no regrets!

Yesterday was an almost 5 mile hike and Piyo buns. I've been jumping up in distance and wore a backpack loaded to grow accustomed to the big hike in mid August. The trail was labeled as strenuous but I felt great and could have gone farther but DH was done. It was a very scenic and beautiful trail so we ignored the humidity.

Hugs to Brenda and Christine!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 08:34 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Pahla B - Weights for Women Over 50 - 25 minutes

This was the first day in Pahla's Body Shaper Strength calendar. It was a "push day" and I could certainly tell it yesterday (and today). I am sore. I don't know how long I will do this calendar - we'll see. This was only 4 lifting exercises, plus the finisher. Each exercise was done for 3 rounds of 1 minute each followed by 30 seconds of rest. We were supposed to use "heavy for us" weights. Pahla used 10s and 8s - she is strong! I used 4s mostly with a little bit of 5s for a round or two. That 1 minute interval got to be very long on the last round.

Dana - So glad you got to see your cousin. It sounds like you had a great day! I can't imagine though having to work 9 hours after that! Especially with the way passengers are acting these days.

Linda - Good job with your workout; your hike sounds wonderful!

Carol