Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-21, 05:40 PM  
MathTeacher

I got mine today! I am going to give it a shot tonight.
Old 07-15-21, 08:48 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softshoe View Post
Does anybody know anything about the Tara Lee Yoga dvds other than they are expensive? I read Pam's post and just had to get the same yoga dvds, Elle Yoga, the two Tara Stiles yoga Transformation dvds. Thanks Pam, they look great!
You're welcome!

I have Tara Lee's DVDs, but have only done the Air & Water Flow practices as well as the Lunar practice. Prefer the night-time setting of the Lunar one to day time ones. But they are calming. Both are good and broken up into manageable time-frames. I just don't care for the filming location (goose poop park) of the Flow one. It grosses me out to be in a park and have to dodge the crap, lol! So, seeing Tara with her mat rolled out next to the pond, yuck-o! Despite this, practice is fine but a bit slower moving.

Tara is nice and her flows are gentle, in most cases. The Solar one looks to be a bit more athletic from what I've previewed.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 12:56 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Out for delivery!
I have previewed three workouts so far, they all look great! I am happy with my purchase. Thanks Mary for the speedy service!

Pure Spice look like a full hour of Zumba fun music is great! Too bad she didn't make more of them, on the back of the cover it says it was the first installment of the series.

And I think I will not only get a great lower body workout with Greg Smithey, but an abdominal one too, I was laughing with some of his comments while previewing. My DD also wondered why some people were wearing their undies over their leggings lol she is 8, she looked disgusted. I remember a picture of me around her age wearing leggings, with a whole swimsuit on top, socks and sandals because I wanted to look like those adults in the film doing aerobics.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 07:40 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post

Pure Spice look like a full hour of Zumba fun music is great! Too bad she didn't make more of them, on the back of the cover it says it was the first installment of the series.
One of the backgrounders from Pure Spice (maybe more than one, I can't remember if the other two were in that DVD) is one of the founders of ReFit Revolution and they have a YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8B...NsnTkO9GwUJITg with tons of these types of workouts. They also have their own site and streaming service as well I think. They are a lot of fun!!
Old 07-16-21, 03:46 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
One of the backgrounders from Pure Spice (maybe more than one, I can't remember if the other two were in that DVD) is one of the founders of ReFit Revolution and they have a YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8B...NsnTkO9GwUJITg with tons of these types of workouts. They also have their own site and streaming service as well I think. They are a lot of fun!!
Thank you for the link, they do look fun!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 06:03 PM  
Venus

It's been fun to read what everyone's ordering. I have a few in my cart, but I haven't ordered yet.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 11:04 AM  
Taiga

Well, I decided to just start EBX2 yesterday instead of waiting until August. I had been considering the "20 days with 20 Instructors" challenge but just wasn't feeling it, though it did inspire me to do some old step programs (Cher, Gin) recently

I enjoyed the EBX2 Legs workout as much as I remembered It is just an effective and enjoyable combination of moves. I like supersets and get great results with 4 sets (vs the 2 or 3 in most DVD programs). The pace is such that I can really heavy up. Thought I would mention it just in case someone is on the fence before the TF sale ends. I don't know if this set goes lower in price or has ever been a "deal of the day" special, but I actually think I'm going to buy a second back up copy if it does. I have a good sized collection and have only ever bought back-ups for 2 or 3 DVDs over the many years.

FYI- I have tended to use EBX2, STS, Xtrain and Body Beast the most for heavier lifting.
Old 07-17-21, 07:57 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i placed a second order.

Kari Anderson ALC1
Tracie Long Strong Bear
Pilates for Men by Joshua Smith

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 08:10 PM  
suzanne63

Hi I got USED** Dance Off The Inches Hip Hop Party DVD
1 $1.99
286C Powerhouse Pilates Workout with Jillian Hessel DVD
1 $3.99

I am really happy and excited to get Jennifer Galardi. I have been wanting this one for awhile. She is so much fun. I love her.
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 09:11 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I also placed a second order - Tara Lee 4 DVD set. I really liked the clips and her flowey style of yoga. I felt relaxed and stretched just watching the clips. I need this.

Tags
mary's sale