Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-12-21, 04:41 PM  
Mickey12

Manley I have never seen The Princess Bride or Dumb and Dumber so the clips of quotes are lost on me. . Oh yeah, the second breakfast notion from Lord of the Rings. I forgot we discussed that one already.

ChelePA my husband likes a Seinfeld too and often brings up scenes or quotes from the show that I don’t get (although I understand some of them). That show was so funny!

Linda love the clip you posted! Bee, I’m with you - seeing the clip makes me want to watch the movie again.

Alta what musical was that song from? I don’t recognize it. Pretty cool that you were a theater major. Did you ever have a career in that field? I recall you posted that you were in video editing. Or does that count as theater? Sorry to be so uninformed.

Oh, and the clip from Dirty Dancing reminded me of how my husband goofs around and tries to dance like Johnny when he goes down the aisle in that final scene.
Old 07-12-21, 05:24 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

MAWWIAGE!!! OMG I love The Princess Bride so much! You gals have me laughing my socks off!

Today was Firm It Up. Geez, week 2 of Slim Series and yep, these workouts kinda build when done back to back, particularly when I'm not modifying stuff as much as last week. I'm sore!!

Now I want to watch Strictly Ballroom again...and Dirty Dancing...and the Breakfast Club...and The Princess Bride...and LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE STARTED, Watulans!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 09:39 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

kittybug - I've never seen "Strictly Ballroom." I'll put it on my watch list. I love the Japanese version of "Shall We Dance" which has ballroom dancing.

One of my all time favorite musicals is, "Bye, Bye Birdie!" It has so many great dance numbers. This is my favorite. Ann Margret is fantastic in this! (It's a long clip.):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS38PiZ2-RA

manleym - "Princess Bride" is such a great film!

Kim - That song is from "Oklahoma." I pursued an acting career in my youte. I did theater, improv comedy and did study film editing briefly. I used to say that my acting career was akin to the Hindenburg crashing into the Titanic. I was sad for a long time. Now, years later, I look back at all my adventures and I realize it was a rare wild and crazy ride.

Workout - My sleep has been bad, so I had no energy yesterday. I did some qi gong before bed.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 10:05 AM  
fanofladyvols

Yesterday did MB45 beginner #2 and PIYO CORE with chase the kitty intervals . Today will be Lauren abs and PIYO buns.

BW I love love theater!! I used to help stage manage in my youte!
Ohh Oklahoma...love singing oh what a beyoootuhfuhl morninnnn...

My favorite musical is Damn Yankees...esp. the song Heart...Ya gotta have HEARRRT...ALL YOU REEALLY need izz HEARRRT...

Both songs I have punished my kids with my horrible renditions their whole lives

kittybug and manley it sounds like we need a moviefest to bring kim up to speed! Of course, she may follow suit with some Disney movie we need to watch!

bee are you still decluttering? I remember you every time I see a Sippie cup.

cataddict one thing that made me smile recently was seeing your posts on old threads. You have always been a chuckle maker.

lavna, Garrie and horusosiris hopefully you guys aren't having posting issues like I have.

Special hugs to Kate and ChelePA!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 11:27 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Alta I will answer your question even if no one else will. I am 56. If I recall, Kate is 58? I could be wrong on that. I think a lot of us are around a similar age range.
Yup I am. Sometimes hard for me to believe but I remember my Dad at 58 and he was kicking younger guys' butts in the racquetball court. I mean he beat them bad!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 01:06 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quick recap of this week. I'm loving the Cathe Lives I got!!

Mon:
Cathe Live 304 Burn Sets Biceps Triceps + ICE Muscle Meltdown Biceps and Triceps. What a great combo!!!! I am definitely feeling my arms today.
Yoga from Udaya. Caley Sensual & Slow. Nice mellow Hatha practice.

Today: Cathe Live 144 Cardio Core Blast. Love this one! I did this one back in 2017 when I had my Live subscription. Glad I bought it. Even the core work kept HR up.
More Udaya Yoga and Caley's Hanuman - another Hatha practice.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm just trying to get through this. It's scary but I have to be strong for my son.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 05:40 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

It's Tuesday, Watulans!

Today was Slim Series Tone It Up Tuesday full strength with the ankle weights. Yippee!!

KateTT, sending you extra strong wishes and big Watulan hugs. That has to be so scary. Keep hanging in there!

FOLV, I LOVE Oklahoma! A million years ago I played the role of Dream Laurey (a dance role) which is good because ain't nobody wanna hear me sing, hah!! We had so. much. fun!!

Baby, that's a great clip! And Strictly Ballroom is just hilarious fun. Oh, and I love Antonio Vargas in it because I LOVE LOVE LOVE Flamenco. He's beautiful.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 05:32 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post

Nathalie, I'm glad you'll be able to get bands on Amazon. Can I ask why you're only interested in the loops? Just very curious!! I do so love Perfect 30 too, and I can't wait to be able to revisit the weight work when I'm not hurting!! I'm kind of jonesing for Cathe right now but in a weird way also enjoying this break being injured is making me take.
When I use bands, I often have trouble adjusting them to the right intensity. I spend more time adjusting than working! (OK, I'm exaggerating a bit!) That's why I wanted the loops only as there's not so much adjustment required. But, since I got both downloads (as they were the same price as one download), I'm going at least to try the bands workout with the bands I have even though they're different from Cathe's.
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 05:48 AM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

So many posts to catch up!

Chele and Kate: I'm thinking of both of you and sending healing thoughts your way.

kittybug: I'm glad your back is better. I'm happy for you that you're able to workout again! You're slowly but steadily getting back to normal.

FOLV: Thanks for what your doing for allowing us to keep contact with each other. I registered on tapatalk as a backup.

cataddict: I'm in the same ages as most of you. I'm 52. Yes, the cost of shipping for Cathe bands is very high. I'm not sure it's their "fault" but it's too much for me. I'm happy that at least, I have the option of the downloads and getting the bands directly from a merchant in Canada.

bee: I'm thinking of you every time I read about the heat and fires in the West. Hope everything is OK with you.

I have to start working!
I'll try to post more later!
Waves to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 09:57 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hi and Hugs to all!

Yesterday's Workout: None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. 皆無。

The workers were here all yesterday replacing the ceiling sprinklers.

It was an unplanned rest day.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in