Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-09-21, 10:52 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oye, happy late Friday Watulans!!

FN2/Cataddict (both names given for VVFer's sake, hah!) I could really hug you right now for the stepless step suggestion. And I virtually hug ChelePA for the recent Kat suggestion. I joined Bee and Manleym with Kat's HIIT step (not so HIIT without a step, but just right for me today) and had a BLAST. She just makes me smile!! Plus her gorgeous kitties made appearances at the end there. I just love that ragdoll looking one, reminds me of a cat I had years ago.

I followed that up with Slim Series Cool It Off which was lovely and what I needed today (thank you Kim, again!!) Some of those neck stretches brought to light ouch, I'm 'stuck' on one side right now in an awful way.

But Bee, the spasms are SO much less than they were, I'm doing much, much better! Trust me, I wouldn't have even tried this today if I felt like I did just a couple weeks ago. I could barely breathe and couldn't sleep lying flat or without pain patches and ibuprofen, so I'm definitely improved from that.

KateTT, please keep us posted! Way to go on continuing to get your workouts in despite a chaotic schedule! We're all holding you and your son in our thoughts.

I agree Kim is right, we're all in nearly the same age group. But VVFer, I seem to remember a name you were given (not FOLV's name for you) that I laughed my head off at years ago....something starting with the initials FSS. That, to me, is a true badge of hilarious honor and even more of a reason I love you're here with us!! That's T-shirt material right there, if I'm remembering anything right, which I admit it's possible I'm not!! And I am so jealous your husband is a VFer!! How cool is that? What does he like instructor wise??

Nathalie, I'm glad you'll be able to get bands on Amazon. Can I ask why you're only interested in the loops? Just very curious!! I do so love Perfect 30 too, and I can't wait to be able to revisit the weight work when I'm not hurting!! I'm kind of jonesing for Cathe right now but in a weird way also enjoying this break being injured is making me take.

Oh, and Bee and VVfer, yes, I'm on that VF Roost Tapatalk site or whatever it is but it's not the same (and don't get me started on the ads!). I really hope everyone else is there too and that VF doesn't go down...I'd be lost!! Yes, FOLV has it covered though, right??? Hah!!

Signing off for the night...stay fierce, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 01:02 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hello all! I've been trying to read some of the this big thread to catch up a bit. Seems like I've stepped into a hurricane of life events. Yikes, much sadness and also much joy! Watulans staying fierce!

KateTT - I'm sending thoughts and healing prayers to your family. (((HUGS)))

Mickey12 - Thanks for the info. I'm not a stalker, honest!

bee - I remember the very first DVD I bought for the DH. It was Priscilla Patrick's "Lower Back Repair Tool Kit Yoga" (or, something like that.) He liked it and then started trying some of my DVDs.

kittybug - Ah, yes, "Fun-Sucking Shrew." Maybe FSS should be my Watulan handle?

DH is a high advanced exerciser. He likes Cathe, Jari, Gilad, Cory, etc. He has done the full P90X rotation several times. (Even though he can't stand Tony.) He is doing Shaun's Insanity currently.

Workout - Yesterday, I did Spinervals 5.0: Flexible Warrior. This is a great foam-rolling routine. Instructor Karen Dubs alternates foam-rolling a muscle group and then stretching it. She even rolls the shins, lats, triceps and rhomboids. It is another slooooow one. I feel like I've done a good thing for myself when I'm done.

I'm not sure what I'm going to start today. We're having a hella heat wave!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 03:53 PM  
manleym

Happy Saturday everyone!

Good to hear from KateTT! You are truly amazing balancing everything going on in your life! Appointments, working out, regular life - you hang in there with a smile on your face! Please keep us posted on your son and hubby. Sending prayers and hugs your way.

ChelePA I'm glad you ordered Cathe's new bands and dvds. I'm looking forward to getting them. I think they'll be a nice change of pace and something different. I don't think you'll have any trouble finding Travel Fit and Slide N Glide. Request the Wealth or the Exchange might help.

Cataddict ya'll ok? Been thinking about you the past few days.

Bee and Kittybug I LOVED Kat's workout too! It was so much fun and just perfect! I was able to do the entire workout following Kat - 1 riser, no modifications. Yay! Not saying my hip was singing, but it wasn't crying either. The HIIT, as we all know, wasn't Cathe HIIT, but it was just the right amount for me on that day. Agree Bee that this was less intense with Cathe. This would be a great doubles workout or a good one to do with 2 risers to add intensity. But following along with Kat using 1 riser was just perfect and fun.

Kittybug I'm so glad you're on the mend and better than a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully by the end of this week or sometime next week you'll be back to normal. Hubby's twin brother's back went out on him and he's really having a hard time. Went to the chiropractor and seems to be doing somewhat better. Back injuries are no good - they throw everything else off.

VVfer I'm also on VF Roost. In fact, that's how I finally was approved to post here. I'm one of those who tried for years to post here and was never approved. I found VF Roost, was approved right away (or soon), asked how to get approved here, and SBH helped. Does your husband post on VF? Very cool that he also likes to workout at home and is advanced.

FOLV we're counting on you to save us from losing our thread, or anything else. Use your Oz magic to make everything right. Or ring your cowbell.

Fun Friday was Kat Gates-Buettner HIIT Step Aerobics Workout - Torch Calories, which I LOVED! I followed it with Paul Katami Ab Lab, again which I LOVED! The first half of the workout is standing abs. I used an 8lb weight since they were functional moves. My body seems to like functional moves because I always feel very worked and good afterwards. The 2nd half is floor work, and tough! I found some of the moves hard! This is a great metabolic core workout. Sadly it's super expensive on Amazon and EBay so hopefully it will stay available on YT. Then I found a new yoga instructor - Tana Yoga. I did her Yoga Flow Intermediate Strong Practice Strong Yoga Flow For A Full Body Opening. It felt good and there were nice variations on the standard yoga moves. I liked her personality and instruction.

Today was Cathe Live # 352 Metabolic Weights and Loops - LOVED! It was a great variety of moves - not too much of any one move but enough reps to feel it There was a nice mix of compound, isolation, high impact, low impact with bands, and just a bit of core. I decided to wear a knee brace on my right leg and while I could still felt my hip flexor a bit, my leg felt more stable and I was able to do the moves more fully - no compromising form. I would do this one again. Followed it with Yoga with Kassandra Strength & Stretch - Intermediate Vin to Yin, a nice slow flow and stretch.

Hugs and waves all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 12:09 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

FN3/PI - DH has never posted on VF. He's not a "people person."

Yesterday, I did Slim in 6: Start It Up (the original, long version). It is a good one for hot days.

Waves to all (while fanning myself).

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 07-11-21, 02:48 PM  
fanofladyvols

Watulan, PI If ringing my bell would do it, I sure would bust eardrums to make it happen.

Baby Watulan it is hot humid here too! You definitely don't need to take on the fss handle.. blechhh

kittybug glad your back is mending..do you know what you need to do differently to avoid it happening again?

ChelePA RWH legs never went on sale so I just preordered from Cathe the whole kit and caboodle. I think these workouts have the greatest potential for us to enjoy for quite awhile.

bee I definitely feel 30ish too.

horusosiris what do you do from Marcus that you enjoy?

lavna sometimes I wish I had Cathe live so I could see the crazy smiling woman! I am most excited for the loop workout, too. Love working the glutes!!

kate as you have time keep us posted. We are praying for you, too.

Yesterday took a rest day. HOPEFULLY, I can post my workout. Haven't made up my mind yet. Just wanted to send shout outs to all before there were issues...FIERCE HUGS!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 02:51 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all! Wow, so much to catch up on!

Here's what I did this week: Kat's Advanced Step #10, Cathe Live #140 Low Impact Cardio HiiT, #145 Upper Body Bootcamp, CL #232 Kick, Box and Bags and Kat's HiiT step. Upper Body Bootcamp had the same format as Lower Body Bootcamp and I liked this one even more than the lower body one! It used the stability ball, but I'm sure substitutions could be made for the ball. I LOVED the Kat step! It definitely wasn't Cathe HiiT intense, but great music, fun choreography, and an interesting format. Thanks to Chele for suggesting it! I also did ElsaMax, meaning storm prep. We weren't expecting a whole lot of impact, but wanted to be prepared just in case. Fortunately DH was sent home early from work as we had a tornado warning for our neighborhood and the surrounding neighborhoods. We didn't get one but there were several confirmed in the surrounding areas. It was pretty tense for awhile. We were lucky and thankful not to have flooding or wind damage--just the usual limbs and branches down. Oh, and DH definitely isn't happy to be back at work, but hopefully it won't be for too long and he can retire.

I've counted 5 beans on the plants so far! I have discovered that they are tough to spot! We haven't tried the two I picked. DH asked how I was going to prepare them LOL!

As far as age goes, I think Chele, Nathalie, and Garrie are younger, and I'm closer in age to the "mature" group. I'm not sure about horusosiris but I'd wager she's not 20.

Hey, where is the intel on the potential Cathe road trip around Halloween? I snooped a little but couldn't find even a tidbit. I've never been to a Cathe road trip, too chicken and too shy, but I would consider it if another Watulan or three or 5 went to one.

Chele, so great to see you posting! I love your positive attitude. I also preordered the Cathe loops, bands, and workouts. I hope they work for all of us!

FN3, thanks for the concern. We never know what each storm will bring, and are always thankful when we are spared. Great that you were able to do the Kat workout and your hip flexor is improving!

FN1, you are so welcome about the "stepless step" rec! It worked so well for me when I was recovering from the leg inflammation. I'm glad you are getting better and taking care not to overdo it.

FSS, previously known as VVFer, ah yes, you inspired a creative nickname at least---not a mere "b" word for you!! It must also be mentioned that the perpetrator of said nickname hasn't been seen on VF in some time, but you, the aforementioned "Fun Sucking Shrew," are still here and going strong! Boom! I also am on Tapatalk and VF Roost. Hopefully VF doesn't crap out as I'm not crazy about the ads and promos on Tapatalk.

bee, glad you joined us doing the Kat HiiT and that you liked it! Agree it's not as intense physically as Cathe but it is fun!

Kate, good for you for keeping up with your workouts with all you have going on! Hopefully they help with your stress level. Sending hugs your way.

Nathalie, I don't blame you for looking for the bands/loops elsewhere. It's a shame the cost to buy and ship the Cathe ones is prohibitive.

FOLV, LOL on the Demands of Royalty comment! You might be able to see the Crazy Smiling Woman on the clips of the Cathe Live on the website.

Waves to Kim, horusosiris and Garrie!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 02:57 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post

Hey, where is the intel on the potential Cathe road trip around Halloween? I snooped a little but couldn't find even a tidbit. I've never been to a Cathe road trip, too chicken and too shy, but I would consider it if another Watulan or three or 5 went to one.
^^Same!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 03:18 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Weekend! I tried to post yesterday but the server was busy.

cataddict, glad to know you were ok through the storm! Hard to do all that prep work but also really great to have done it and not need it. Yes, that Kat workout was a blast, and believe me..... I was not at all complaining that it wasn't Cathe intense! I'm keeping that one in my back pocket.

I also couldn't find anything on a Cathe road trip. ??? Turns out I'm going to visit my son at Skidmore mid-October -- they have some sort of big family weekend then. So, unless she has it really early, I'm not sure I could swing another trip to the east coast two weeks later. So..... I'm kind of hoping it's not then. We'll see!! I would definitely have HUGE FOMO if you guys were getting together then.

Oh, I laughed out loud at the bean prep question. They do seem to suddenly appear in bigger bunches. Bet you'll be needing a real preparation soon.

I am not on tapatalk. I'm only vaguely familiar with it. I am on VF roost. And I'm still counting on Linda to save the day if it needs saving.

manleym, I also used just one riser for the Kat. I think I'd rather do a doubles than try that with two risers. I don't often use two risers much anymore.... I just feel like I'm going to trip and fall on my face. Gotta know my limitations....

kittybug, it's great to hear you're on the mend. I hope that trend continues!!

Yesterday I did an Inner Dimension yoga -- Jenny's Flying Pigeon Flow. Kim, you should try that one -- same Jenny as the slow flow we both did a couple of weeks ago. I really like her. This was different and yes, there was one flying pigeon (on each side) in it, and I cannot do it, but mostly it was very doable stuff focusing on different pigeon configurations. Creative, but in a good way. I also like her because so many women yoga teachers are so thin and delicate looking, which is not me at all. Jenny looks solid, like she does some weight workouts, too. I know it doesn't really matter, but it's nice to see. And in spite of our little heat wave, I went for a walk too. I went early so it wasn't too bad. I'm trying to do a walk every day -- trying to get 12,000-14,000 steps each day. Doesn't always happen and given today's heat I think it might not. This morning I did Cathe's Plyo Hiit -- the one without the step. I will freely admit that for every burpee variation she did I just ran in place. I could not face burpees today for some reason. The only reason I did hiit again is that I was short on time.

Ok, given all the errors lately, I'm going to go ahead and post. I've probably rambled enough. Stay cool, Vintage (and everyone else). Waves to all.
Old 07-11-21, 04:41 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

FoLV - Rest days are such a good thing. I just took a whole rest week and am better for it.

Cataddict - So glad the tornado didn't hit! That is so scary! We have to be prepared for earthquakes and wildfires here.

bee - We all count on Linda. (No pressure there!)

As for nicknames, upon reflection, I think I prefer "Baby Watulan." It sounds fresh and new. Maybe BW for short. It's hard to be a full-time FSS.

So, baby, call me Baby!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 07-11-21, 06:24 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday all!

Today was back to Slim Series, Tear It Up, which I was able to use heavier weights for in places like I usually do, yay! Also, I was able to do the ab work and roll back up off the floor without excruciating pain, so I'm making healing progress here! I'm hoping one more week or so and I'll be feeling back to normal.

FN2, I'm so glad to hear you're okay! So scary, this time of year, between those horrible storms out there and all the fires out here. We have smoky skies right now on top of our heat, ug.

BW, is it odd I just want to say, 'Nobody puts Baby in the corner!' hah hah hah...Dirty Dancing reference. Oh, and the heat...I hope you're not in one of the 'going to reach 121 today' areas. Are you? I definitely have earthquake phobia and feel for you.

Bee, I too couldn't find anything on a road trip, not that I think I could go, but I'd also have major FOMO if Watulans went and I couldn't!!

FN3/PI, you are a crazy woman with all those multiple workouts!! I get tired just reading what you've done, hah! Glad your hip flexor is cooperating with you.

FOLV, that is the single most frustrating thing, I have ZERO idea of what I did to my back!!! I think some of it was from being very, very sick some weeks ago and how stiff/sore that made me. And some of it might be that Lux, my overweight 18-pound cat, unexpectedly JUMPED onto my shoulder from the counter, trying to snuggle into my neck, and I caught him so awkwardly when he slammed into my body. So that might have contributed! But other than that, nope, and that worries me because I can't prevent what I don't know I did!

Waves to everyone!!! I've been getting error messages too so I'm trying to keep this a tad short and just post it before I can't. Stay fierce, my friends!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in