Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-07-21, 05:18 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
" who they say gonna rock pt..?
Who they?
Who they?
(sis-boom-bah..)
che-le-pa! Che-le-paaa!!"

yes!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 05:22 PM  
manleym

Hey Friends! Quick check-in. Hope everyone is doing well!

Monday I did Cathe Live #69 Triset Legs, which didn't go quite so well. I've had this nagging hip flexor injury/pain for the past couple of weeks but have powered through and I thought it was better. And it was. UNTIL the 1st move of this workout which uses 3 risers. Thinking about what cause the hip flexor pain, I think it was a move that used 3 risers. So note to self - even if my mind says I can do 3 risers, my hip flexor says I can not. But Cathe's outfit is super cute in this workout and matches her shoes, so that helped. I managed to finish the workout but couldn't increase my weights or step height like Cathe and class. It was a GREAT workout that can be modified in so many different ways - adjusting step height and weights. Of course I followed it with yoga stretching. I've also been alternating between ice pack and heating pad. Durn hip flexor.

Yesterday all I could muster was Jessica Smith Indoor Walking Exercise - Full Length 30-Minute Power Walk fat burning, walking workout. I did it barefoot and while I could feel my right hip flexor/leg in some of the moves, I was able to get through it no problem. I followed it with Man Flow Yoga Restorative Yoga Total Body Routine. Today I started with 5 Parks Yoga Spine Strengthening Yoga Class and later did AngieFitness 3 Mile Power Walk Body Shaping Party Walk For Weight Loss At Home 5400 Steps. This was the first workout I've done by Angie and I liked it for a change of pace. Good steady state cardio with a nice variety of moves, although the moves were repeated alot, but it was mindless, easy repetition. What made this workout different was wearing a weighted vest the entire workout. That really helped with the intensity. This workout also used bands and light weights. It was good for today. Hoping to be able to do Cathe Live tomorrow, but if not I'll find something else. But definitely taking it a little easier for a few more days.

I've been laughing reading about all of your animal stories (breaking the fire hydrant, washing machine MONSTER, vacuums...)

Hoping to do Kat's newest workout for Fun Friday. Might be able to do it without the step or risers. Anyone interested in honor of our friend ChelePA?

Hugs and waves everyone! Back later!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 05:27 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
" Who they say gonna rock PT..?
WHO THEY?
WHO THEY?
(sis-boom-bah..)
Che-le-PA! CHE-LE-PAAA!!"
I'm with FOLV and Manleym on this one, yesssss!

Today was Slim Series, Tone It Up, my second favorite in the series. VVfer I too remember when these first came out and they seemed a lot harder back then than they do now...I guess that's good?

Today was also A/C Max. We had our regular maintenance today a bit later in the season than we'd like, but that's how it worked out. We found out a capacitor was going bad so he had to replace that to keep things running smoothly in this godawful heat.

Gals, talking about appliances and all that...well, apparently there's a huge A/C unit/parts shortage right now too and they have also switched over the types of units that are being produced. You cannot get what we have anymore, and parts and supplies are getting scarce. This is all a result of the pandemic combined with the huge amount of home building taking place both in our area and in general.

Our guy said they're mostly doing 'band-aids' as much as they can right now for customers until things sort themselves out. So my PSA to you all is take care of your stuff!! I can't imagine 107 degree heat with no air conditioning.

And with that, I gotta run...very behind today work-wise. Stay fierce (and cool) my friends!!

Oof...just saw FN2 posted right as I was about to, and now I'm laughing about the cage comment, BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! That is ALL I'm gonna say!!!

And Manleym, I might find a very short Kat to join in for ChelePA's Fun Friday. My plan is to do Slim Series Cool It Off which is just stretching, so having some stepless step to warm me up would be nice. Girl, I hate hip flexor stuff!!! Please be careful and don't let it become something worse...those can be sneaky!!

Okay, really gotta go now...

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 05:29 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Popping back in as I wanted to comment that it looks like 4 of us were posting at the same time!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 07:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

manley walking workouts actually irritate my hip flexor....not during the workout but the next day. So take note of your workouts and how you feel the next day, for sure, and see what it is in your case. Btw, Watulan, PI way to jump in and be my hype girl!!

cataddict no, haha, not a cheerleader. Don't know any that have two left feet (and uh... I'm sure I don't have the ..uh..."qualifications" for cage dancing )

horusosiris I'm going to be doing Lauren Brooks and Marcus Martinez for kettlebells.

Alta I'm glad the link was of value...even with the odd sound issue.

kittybug my fun dancing DVDs will be Shaun T and Body Groove.

Speaking of, I did Taebo basic live#6 and Dance your heart out Session #1. This sesh should be called Wiggle your booty off.

Hugs and waves all around!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 07:51 PM  
horusosiris

Linda- I love Marcus for KB's. What Lauren and what Marcus are you doing?
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 09:02 PM  
fanofladyvols

horusosiris I'm doing operation abs and Shut up and train from Lauren this week and for Marcus I'm using MB45. He also has great short routines on Instagram and YouTube that I use as add-ons.

Also you asked (I think) about Bosu pods. I think they keep me from sinking into my wrists and force me to engage my upper body correctly. That's keeping my wrists from hurting, if that makes any sense.
Here's my response I actually just sent to my pilates checkin buddy :
Quote:
I love the BOSU pods. I first bought an off brand at Dick's and they're awful! (I use those as 'dixie cups' in Cathe's workouts.)

I do have to use my weightlifting gloves with them bc my hands sweat and it helps with grip.

They work wonderfully for me on all sorts of wrist
on ground yoga poses including pushups. They also work great to ease the transition of forward bends. I do a couple fwd bends by standing on them heels first, then forefoot standing on them a couple times. Learned that from Lauren Brooks.

They're a step down than a yoga block so I use them to transition slowly to floor in poses.

Literally use them for all kinds of things!! Hope you enjoy them too

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 09:58 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, of course..... Cathe Live! I see this is an evil plot to get me to finally subscribe after all my thinking about it. Think maybe I'll do a Kat step, though I did download that one free lower body CL (look at me using the young kid's lingo ). Manleym, I just saw your post as I'm typing here..... I don't know if I was looking when everyone was posting, or if the forum is just acting strange for me today (I've been getting a lot of database errors), but I didn't see it when I originally read the thread. Anyway, yes, count me in with a Kat step -- sounds like you want to do her latest, so that's what I'll look for!

Go Linda! Love your cheers, your songs, and most especially..... your cowbells.

Interesting about the appliances "ratings" from the repair man and also the info about A/C units/parts. I sure hope my A/C doesn't go out, but it does seem like we seem to be in a cycle of things breaking. Fingers crossed......

Oh..... and I wanted to ask kittybug.... how in the world do you keep the Slim Series workouts straight? They all kind of seem the same to me (except the two longer ones). I can't really remember which ones I've done. And maybe it doesn't even matter!
Old 07-08-21, 01:11 AM  
ChelePA

Kate…went back to read posts about your son. Sending so much love and positive vibes as he moves forward with this new diagnosis. Hoping everything was caught super early and he needs minimal treatment to cure his cancer
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 02:00 AM  
ChelePA

Did everyone buy the newest Cathe Series? I’m considering it now that I looked at the previews. I am pretty confident my days of high impact are over or going to have some serious modifications. These new routines look like something doable once I recover. Trying to stay positive about reaching my future goals. Thoughts? We all know the presales are the best prices and I don’t want to regret not making the purchase.

Also I saw Cathe is considering a Halloween road trip. I would have definitely joined if no accident. Her July dates never worked for me since we had traveling softball plus it was our anniversary weekend. Anyone going if it becomes official?
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in