Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-06-21, 07:21 PM  
ChelePA

Hi all!!! Just thought I would pop in with a little update. My staples have been removed around my knee/leg area and my other surgical incision on the back of my knee was closed using glue. So a few more weeks for everything to completely heal.

I have started weekly physical therapy. Stretching and range of motion exercises for my right leg. Everything is so tight since the external fixator was just removed with this last surgery. It was in place since May 12. Plus all the new hardware to repair my shattered leg. Lots of stiffness, pain and swelling. I can’t put any weight on my right leg until September. Taking it day by day. I think of you all while I’m doing these exercises. This group has always been so motivational with all the ups and downs we have experienced this past year together.

I quickly scanned a few posts and it really means so much to me that you continue to try to include Fun Friday workouts. Kat has posted two new ones if anyone is interested. One is Basic # 12 with pride mix. It’s about 40 minutes. She did this one inside a gym which is a change of pace. And as always I love the music! She just added a HIIT type step routine. Doesn’t look too intense and clocks in at around 28 minutes.

Hoping to check in more with you ladies as I continue to recover. My headaches and blurry vision have decreased with time. I basically have post concussion syndrome because I took quite a hit to my head. The cervical collar has been removed. I have mild fractures now at C7. I will eventually start therapy for my upper body weakness and numbness once my spine is completely healed.

Kim… my family loved the magnetic kitchen notes you sent me. Thank you for such a thoughtful gift.

Welcome Vintage Vfer - this is a wonderful group you have joined. I was so glad I found them right before Covid started. Very inspirational!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 08:00 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA I am so happy to hear from you! Thanks for the update on your progress. You continue to amaze me with your positive attitude. I hope things are getting better day by day. We sure miss your posts. I’m glad you enjoyed the magnetic notes. I was wondering when you got them since I mailed them the same day as I mailed the Slim Series DVDs to Kittybug.

Glad you’re enjoying the Slim Series DVDs Kittybug. I was very happy to give them away. Yuck. Your evening swims sound so relaxing and such a nice way to spend time with your spouse. I hope your back is feeling better soon.

Our appliances are also old and I am hanging on to each and every one of them to the end. I don’t want new ones because of the poor reputation the new ones have as you all have mentioned. Our other issue is our small house and everything now is so HUGE. I know I am going to have issues with space.

We lost power today so I decided to go for a walk after we got home from dinner (since I couldn’t cook). Luckily the electricity came back on while I was out walking. I say it every time - every time the power goes out we talk about getting a generator but we never do. This time it was only out for about 4 hours.

Happy Tuesday to all my Watulan friends.
Old 07-07-21, 07:58 AM  
horusosiris

Hello All and Happy Wednesday!

What is on tap for Fun Friday this week? How about a CL for this Fun Friday?

Chel- It was good to hear from you and I am glad that your recovery seems to be on schedule.

VF- yes Sears repairmen were the best. While I have not had any problems with my washer and dryer, they did repair a refrigerator once for us. I am so sorry that we did not buy a Kenmore refrigerator but purchased a GE. As I said, the GE is absolute junk! I also love P90X3 Dynamix. I am sorry that the contractor did not show up. Did they ever contact you? I usually confirm with contractors the day of the appointment and that seems to help. Is your air quality improving?

Kitty- great that you had the pool just for the two of you. That must have been fun! Bomb- diving bats-Yikes!

Linda- How do you like your bosu pods? Do bosu pods help with wrist pain?

Cataddict- I agree that the CL workouts are for the most part not a difficult as the DVD workouts. I do like some Bathe Lives (like Core cardio) more than the DVD version.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 09:03 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

ChelePA, so glad to hear from you!! It does indeed sound like you're progressing fiercely!! Big Watulan hugs to you!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 09:26 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Hi all!!! Just thought I would pop in with a little update. My staples have been removed around my knee/leg area and my other surgical incision on the back of my knee was closed using glue. So a few more weeks for everything to completely heal.

I have started weekly physical therapy. Stretching and range of motion exercises for my right leg. Everything is so tight since the external fixator was just removed with this last surgery. It was in place since May 12. Plus all the new hardware to repair my shattered leg. Lots of stiffness, pain and swelling. I can’t put any weight on my right leg until September. Taking it day by day. I think of you all while I’m doing these exercises. This group has always been so motivational with all the ups and downs we have experienced this past year together.

I quickly scanned a few posts and it really means so much to me that you continue to try to include Fun Friday workouts. Kat has posted two new ones if anyone is interested. One is Basic # 12 with pride mix. It’s about 40 minutes. She did this one inside a gym which is a change of pace. And as always I love the music! She just added a HIIT type step routine. Doesn’t look too intense and clocks in at around 28 minutes.

Hoping to check in more with you ladies as I continue to recover. My headaches and blurry vision have decreased with time. I basically have post concussion syndrome because I took quite a hit to my head. The cervical collar has been removed. I have mild fractures now at C7. I will eventually start therapy for my upper body weakness and numbness once my spine is completely healed.

Kim… my family loved the magnetic kitchen notes you sent me. Thank you for such a thoughtful gift.

Welcome Vintage Vfer - this is a wonderful group you have joined. I was so glad I found them right before Covid started. Very inspirational!
ChelePA we are cheering you in your recovery journey. I'm glad that you've started PT and are able to move your leg at least for stretching. But hate that there is so much pain and stiffness. I'm so glad you posted an update. I think of you so much, always wondering how you are doing. You are in our thoughts and prayers! Keep posting when you feel up to it. We are with you, each step of the way. BIG HUG!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 10:07 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hi all!

cataddict - Thanks for the info about Fun Fridays. (I feel like when I was a brand new VFer and had to learn all the acronyms and lingo!)

FoLV - That Debbie YouTube video has a similar vibe to Body Dynamix with the slow, controlled movements. I wonder why her voice is out of sync with the video? Anyway, thanks for the link. I've downloaded it and might try it today. Debbie is a favorite instructor of mine.

kittybug - I remember when Slim Series was new. It is a very grueling rotation as followed. I spread them out a bit more when I did them.

ChelePA - Glad to see you here! Big (gentle) hugs and healing thoughts to you!

horusosiris - The sprinkler guys had emailed the spouse early that morning. He doesn't check his email 'til later in the day, so we didn't know they weren't showing up at all. Why they couldn't have called or texted, I dunno...

I was tired yesterday and didn't feel like doing anything. I did end up doing Slim In 6: Slim & Limber stretch before bed. That is my all-time most used workout of any that I have owned. I've done it hundreds of times and it never gets old!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 10:40 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello!!

Oh Chele, so nice to hear from you! Your body took such a hard hit -- day by day it is healing and it's great that you've started physical therapy. I'm sure that's a bit of a mental boost as well. I'm also sure you're positive outlook is helping you in many ways, so keep that up as best you can and know we are here cheering you on.

cataddict, I laughed out loud at your hydrant imaginings.

Now I'm confused! What is "CL" for Fun Friday, horusosiris? I can't think what it is, but I'm in!

Kim, you are so funny with your honest feelings about Slim Stuff -- "yuck". Crack me up! And kittybug, yes, I read a review somewhere that said be careful when doing them daily because there could be some repetitive strain injury -- that's why I decided to do the hybrid -- well, that and I don't think I can be completely away from Cathe.

You guys talking about P90X Dynamix are making me want it again! I almost bought the series just for that way back when. Maybe I should look for it as a separate sale. Linda, that was a great youtube find -- I'm going to try that one. For today I tried Vintage's Paul Eugene suggestion because I'm hiking with friends in a bit, but wanted to loosen up. It was a little slow for my taste, but sometimes it's good for me to slow down because I feel things in a different way. Just tough for my mind!!

Oh, Vintage, I have always wondered if your eyes were Carrie Fisher's. I don't know why, but one day a long time ago I got it in my head that that's who it was. It's a very cool picture. (hopefully you do not take offense with that comparison)

I still haven't heard what happened to my doctor but my friend's husband knows the office manager, so hoping to learn something. It's hard having unanswered questions with things like that -- even though the outcome is no different!

Oh, I have to "run" to my hike. Sorry to cut it short. Waves all around!!
Old 07-07-21, 02:46 PM  
fanofladyvols

" Who they say gonna rock PT..?
WHO THEY?
WHO THEY?
(sis-boom-bah..)
Che-le-PA! CHE-LE-PAAA!!"

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 04:58 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
" who they say gonna rock pt..?
Who they?
Who they?
(sis-boom-bah..)
che-le-pa! Che-le-paaa!!"
RAH! RAH! RAH!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 05:18 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all, and especially a big Hi and Hug to Chele!

Yesterday was Cathe Live #146 Lower Body Bootcamp. Oh, bee, I'm sure horusosiris was abbreviating Cathe Live as CL. I use the same abbreviation too but I guess I need to be more careful as it might not be understood. Okay back to the workout. At first I didn't think I would like it, although I liked the format----6 rounds of 3 leg exercises and 1 core. I changed my mind, though. I did like it, probably BECAUSE of the format. I like that the core exercises are mixed in instead of done at the end, since otherwise I might not do them. Today is a rest day, a day late based on 2Lazy's rotation, but perfect since taking Tuesday as a rest day works with Hair Max that is next week.

DH got his clearance from the doctor and goes back to work tomorrow! I asked him if he was ready and he said "{insert expletive of your choice} NO!" He has said he is planning on giving notice as soon as he gets back but I'm not sure if he will do so. He has a few things to wrap up so he may delay a bit longer. Oh, and we have two beans that we will pick tomorrow---the very first ones!! We aren't sure exactly what they are supposed to look like when they are ready to pick, but since the weather is uncertain tomorrow we don't want to lose them to whatever storms and wind we get. We are keeping our fingers crossed, both for the beans and that the weather isn't too severe.

Chele, so good to get an update and that you see some progress. We are all sending you fierce Watulan vibes. Thanks for the heads up on the newer Kat workouts. I think I will do the HiiT one as an add on to one of the shorter workouts in the rotation this week.

Kim, I was also giggling at your comment "yuck." That says it all LOL! We bought a generator a number of years ago following a hurricane that left us without power for 5 days. We couldn't grill all the food in the fridge or freezer fast enough and lost almost all of it. Now at least we can save the food, keep our electronics charged and a fan powered. We've only used it once but it was worth it.

manley, timing is everything, right? Good thing your trip to Florida wasn't this week!

bee, I'm so sorry about your doctor. Sad in any event but more so when it's someone younger.

VVFer, I remember when we were trying to get some old stumps ground and removed (previous owners cut the trees down but left the stumps). We probably contacted 5 or 6 contractors and not one showed up. We lucked out when the people on the corner were having a dead tree removed and DH got them to remove the stumps for $50. Otherwise they might still be there.

horusosiris, when the Sears repair guy checked out our washer, my husband asked him what brands he saw the most often (meaning what brands were most likely to need to be repaired). He said Samsung then GE then LG. So your disappointment with GE is well founded. Our washer was an LG, and we are done with them as well, particularly since we found out their HDMI ports are known for going bad on their TVs.

FN1, cats are crazy, aren't they? Our guy gave the washer a piece of his mind again today so he isn't yet used to it.

Kate, how is your son doing? Check in when you can.

FOLV, so were you a cheerleader in your younger days? Inquiring minds want to know. We already have a cage dancer in our midst (yes, I know, FN1, you have an "explanation" for dancing in a cage, ) but mama didn't just fall off a turnip truck.

Waves to Garrie!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in