Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-23-21, 12:21 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
manley, I did a quick search on Cathe's rotation forum and saw where someone asked if there was a Cathe Live rotation but there were no answers. So I am creating my own based on the types of workouts I did in the March rotation.
I found some rotations if you're interested in them. I haven't looked at them but there are quite a few out there - 2 Lazy has some, Fitness My Style has some, and I found a post on Cathe's forum. Someone typed it in. I need to look at them to see which one I want to do.

Back later!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 07:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

cataddict congrats on finishing the rotation!!! I have a few more days.

manley I am quite the frustrating fishing buddy according to my husband...so he doesn't take me anymore. I don't pay attention, I won't bait my own hook, and all I really wanna do is read a book. I loved reading about your trip !!

horusosiris things calming down yet for you?

kittybug how are you? Where are you?

lavna it's nice reading posts like yours of family members getting together again

Today was total body Trisets upper body split for me. Wowee was I running back and forth trying to guess weight and jumping from my weight bench to my stability ball. How do they get set up so quickly?? I didn't care for the music on this one but the time went by quickly. Some sweet Yoga zone waiting on me later.

After I wrap this rotation up, I'm going to do some Tracie and Firm for a week or two.

P.S. Kate and kim I checked in with you guys on Fitchicks check-in.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 07:49 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello, all!

Today I did Cathe Live #21 Cardio Strength Blast. It was the "kind of an Afterburn" workout that I was looking for as a substitute during the March rotation. It wasn't as hard as Afterburn---no burpees YAY---but was set up in a similar style with 2 exercises repeated twice. She used the loops, weights and dixie cups. Good stuff!

manleym, thanks for letting me know that there are Cathe Live rotations out there. I admit I didn't look too hard. I will give them a look, but I may stick with my makeshift rotation since I'm limiting the workouts to ones I haven't done before and using the oldest ones of a type first. It's kind of an adapted old-to-new Live rotation.

Waving to all! Off to check out the Live rotations!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 05:57 AM  
ChelePA

I don’t even know how to begin to thank you all for your help this past month. I am truly humbled and speechless by everyone’s generosity and kindness. There have been so many difficult moments since the accident but your outpouring of love has lifted my spirits more than you will ever know. I am facing a long road ahead but wanted to say how much your positive words of encouragement and healing energy mean during this difficult time. Yesterday I had my 4th and hopefully last surgery on my shattered right leg. Lots of hardware in place to reconstruct the area. The external fixator was removed and I’m hoping to be able to bend my knee for the first time in 6 weeks. It will take 2-3 months to heal and then the real work and therapy will begin. They say it could take up to a year to completely recover. I was initially overwhelmed by this prognosis but having so much loving support has eased this burden. I will be forever grateful for all the texts, cards, letters, social media posts, and special gifts. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
❤️❤️❤️ Michele
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 10:51 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I don’t even know how to begin to thank you all for your help this past month. I am truly humbled and speechless by everyone’s generosity and kindness. There have been so many difficult moments since the accident but your outpouring of love has lifted my spirits more than you will ever know. I am facing a long road ahead but wanted to say how much your positive words of encouragement and healing energy mean during this difficult time. Yesterday I had my 4th and hopefully last surgery on my shattered right leg. Lots of hardware in place to reconstruct the area. The external fixator was removed and I’m hoping to be able to bend my knee for the first time in 6 weeks. It will take 2-3 months to heal and then the real work and therapy will begin. They say it could take up to a year to completely recover. I was initially overwhelmed by this prognosis but having so much loving support has eased this burden. I will be forever grateful for all the texts, cards, letters, social media posts, and special gifts. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
❤️❤️❤️ Michele
It's so good to hear from you Michele! My heart hurts for you at what you're going through. Big hugs to you!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 01:01 PM  
fanofladyvols

{{{{{ CHELEPA}}}}}

gently swinging
gidinkity tawinkly
my tiny silver and crystal bell for you!!

(it sounds wind chimey)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 02:03 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Weeeee! Almost the end of the week and no missed workouts or Yoga! Yay! I definitely feel better..exercise is my definitely my therapy.

Cat: 2lazy4thegym has some Cathe Live rotations. https://2lazy4gym.com/cathe-live/#CLRotations

Hi Manley, Linda, horusosiris, kittybug, lavna, kim and ALL!

CHELEPA!!! Continuing to send you lots of healing energy. You are amazing!

So I think I have come to the realization that when I'm stressed I buy workouts. LOL.
I recently bought 8 Cathe Live workouts and yesterday I bought 8 more!! I may subscribe at some point but I'm very happy with what I got. I'll be working thru them over the next days.

Yesterday I did Cathe Live 145 Upper Body Bootcamp! So good! This was older so had a full crew in the gym. Yoga was Power Yoga, Steve Jones, Smooth and Deep. Ahhhh.

Today was Cathe Live 310 Cardio Crush plus 305 Burn Sets Express Legs Heavy Weights. YES! Great half hour cardio to really warm up the legs then another half hour of HEAVY leg work! LOVED IT!!! Two new favs. The cardio wasn't too killer but did have some impact. The Legs was all squats, lunges and deadlifts but with lots of different variations
Yoga was PY.com, Travis Eliot and Yin Mother of All Stretches. Oh boy did that feel good after heavy legs!!

Justin had a followup appointment today and it sounds like everything went well. We are being referred to the Mayo clinic for his cancer. LONG drive but they're experts. We'll see how it goes.

Almost the end of the week!
Take care all! Stay fierce!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 10:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans,

Today I did #132, Kick Punch Cardio. It was fun, not killer, but a good sweat.

Chele, SO GREAT to "see" you! Glad you are progressing. I can't imagine how slow and arduous it must be and if you weren't overwhelmed I would be shocked. We are all rooting for you!

Kate, THANKS for the link to 2Lazy's Cathe Live rotations, since I obviously am 2Lazy 2Look 2Hard. Hah! I printed the Best of... rotation that she did last November and will use it as a base and sub in new-to-me Lives. I noticed that the one I just did and raved about the other day is on her list of Best of Live. I'm going to finish the one week "rotation" that I already had planned out, one of which was also in 2Lazy's rotation. I might look at some of her earlier rotations too since I'm looking at working my way from early to late Lives. Oh, and good news about your son. The Mayo is world renown, so hopefully the expertise there will be well worth the drive. Sending healing vibes your way!

FOLV, your wind chime bells for Chele made me smile. Oh, and I also wonder how the Cathe peeps change their equipment so quickly. I have quick release clips on my barbell and still can't change the plates as fast as they do even if I know what weight I want AND get into the proper position to do the exercise! That's what the "pause" button is for on my DVD remote.

Waves to FN1, manley, bee, horusosiris, Nathalie, Garrie, and Kim in Gettysburg!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 12:29 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post

Kate, THANKS for the link to 2Lazy's Cathe Live rotations, since I obviously am 2Lazy 2Look 2Hard.
Hahahahaha!! That gave me quite the giggle. I actually look at her reviews a LOT because they are so thorough.

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 06-25-21, 12:32 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Today I did Mark Lauren's EFX Workout #2. These always start out seeming to be too easy but then the work accumulates. Very slow moves, some static, some very precise. Starts to burn, that's for sure. A good way to end the week with all bodyweight.

Looking through all my new Cathe Live download purchases. Fun!
I know I should probably just subscribe. For $10 a month I could do a LOT of live workouts.

Getting ready for a little Bryan Kest Yoga.

Have a wonderful weekend. Be fierce but never forget to be kind and loving. :heart

Tags
watulan check-in