Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-09-21, 09:24 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Yesterday was Hair Max so a much needed day off. Today I had decided to substitute a Cathe Live for Hard Strikes in the March rotation. I chose Cathe Live #100 Quick Fix Kickboxing etc. etc. It has a lengthy title, hence the etc. etc. Not sure why it was called Quick as it was 53 minutes long. It started with kickboxing, went to 100 rep drills on the heavy bag (I did that part bagless), then a segment using the step platform that alternated a cardio drill with a compound weight exercise, then a core segment. This was a good workout, lots of variety and tough, at least it was for me. The only "ding" I give it, and it's very minor, is that Cathe did a bit of whooping in the first segment. That surprised me, as I thought her whooping went away with butt floss leotards. She didn't do it a lot, and only in the first part, so it didn't detract from the workout for me. I may not have even noticed it except I was already a bit irritated since for some reason the Cathe Live app was not working properly on my Roku. First it had me log in again, then it didn't like my password, so I had to reset it apart from the Roku itself. Then when I did get logged in, I chose the workout I wanted and the app through me back to the Roku home page. *&^% and double *&^%. At that point I decided to just stream it from my laptop and figure it out later. So 35 minutes later I finally got to start my workout. Still don't know what is going on or even the source of the problem. It worked fine the last time I used it which was last week. I haven't checked it on the other TV yet.

Gonna catch up on another post.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 09:45 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi again!

So we got a sympathy card from our vet today and they are making a donation to a charity that provides health care for animals whose owners may not have the financial resources to pay the cost. It's a great cause and very thoughtful but of course it brought on the tears.

kittybug, good luck with your strawberries! Between the birds, squirrels, and raccoons I'm sure we would get zero fruit, as we found out from an experiment with a peach tree several years ago. We got one peach from the tree the first year we planted it, and the second piece of fruit was half eaten before it was ripe by a blue jay. **sigh** The creatures don't seem to like tomatoes or beans so we did the switch to vegetables (although yes, tomato is a fruit but not a sweet one). Oh, and I think the Perfect 30 mix of the HiiTs is "easier" if you start with the high impact one first. The first time I did it I did it the other way around and it definitely wiped me out!

bee, a friend and coworker's husband was big on tomato varieties, and he picked all kinds of unique varieties to grow. She brought us Black Beauty tomatoes which really looked more of a dark purple but they were tasty for sure! Oh, and LOL for avoiding Athletic Training. I think I blanked out how hard it is. And I understand your DH feeling overwhelmed by the decluttering job. I definitely feel that way.

FOLV, funny that you decide what outfit to wear AFTER you pick a workout! I plan my outfit before I work out, and yes, I do "plan" it as I can't just wear any random clothes! It's silly but it's part of my motivation to wear an outfit that I am comfortable in that is also cute!

Waves to all and special healing {{{hugs}}} to Chele

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 06-10-21, 03:13 PM  
ChelePA

Another update on Michele. Thanks for the messages, cards and goodies. It means so much.

Follow up appointment with spinal surgeon. Changed to soft collar. Slowly remove throughout day and stretch neck muscles. Should be able to completely remove over next few weeks. Left sided upper body weakness continues. Doesn't think it's permanent. Will try therapy in 6 weeks once spine heals. Will discuss next surgery with ortho and when he feels all clear to schedule 4th leg surgery. Basically said the overall healing and recovery process will take approximately a year.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 03:36 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Another update on Michele. Thanks for the messages, cards and goodies. It means so much.

Follow up appointment with spinal surgeon. Changed to soft collar. Slowly remove throughout day and stretch neck muscles. Should be able to completely remove over next few weeks. Left sided upper body weakness continues. Doesn't think it's permanent. Will try therapy in 6 weeks once spine heals. Will discuss next surgery with ortho and when he feels all clear to schedule 4th leg surgery. Basically said the overall healing and recovery process will take approximately a year.
Hugs to ChelePA and Mr. ChelePA! Thank you for the continued updates, as they mean a lot to all of us!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 09:11 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post

{{hugs}} to Chele and MrChele and thanks for the update. I can't imagine how tough it's been for all of you. You continue to be in all of our thoughts and prayers.

Old 06-10-21, 09:16 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all,

Today was Trisets Upper Body. Good workout and tough! I didn't mind so much that the exercises were repeated as it was only once. She did some of the familiar exercises and some different. Some of them used the stability ball which I liked since I don't use it very often. Mine seems to be in great shape and I make sure I inspect it carefully every time I do.

Waves to all!

Old 06-11-21, 01:11 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Brief checkin. My oldest son has ended up in the hospital with liver, kidney failure and problems with his pancreas. Workouts have been sporadic but did do some things when I could keep my mind on it.

Still here, trying to be fierce in my heart. :\

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 02:39 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Brief checkin. My oldest son has ended up in the hospital with liver, kidney failure and problems with his pancreas. Workouts have been sporadic but did do some things when I could keep my mind on it.

Sending prayers your way, Kate, for your son as well as you and the rest of your family.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 02:54 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:

Oh, Kate, I'm so very sorry. {{HUGS}} and prayers for your son and for you and your family. Please keep us updated when you can.

Old 06-11-21, 03:00 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:

Oh no, Kate!! I'm sending positive energy and prayers to you, your son, and your family. Please keep us posted, and big Watulan hugs to you!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in