Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-20-22, 08:11 PM  
Mickey12

Ilaria’s Forza workouts

I did the first Forza workout today. I was wondering what you guys use for the sword. I have a wooden back scratcher and that worked well enough but it doesn’t really have any weight to it. I have a broom handle but that’s too long and I don’t want to ruin it by cutting it. I know it’s an old workout and there may not be too many of you that still do it, but I was just curious.
Old 02-20-22, 09:13 PM  
T2B

This is so timely because I have this workout queued up to do tomorrow for the first time. I have a wooden sword katana that I bought almost a year ago. I just checked Amazon and the sword that I have isn’t available anymore.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-22, 09:41 PM  
Vantreesta

I think I have read of people using wooden bokkens (sp?) from Amazon. I finally got both workouts but haven't opened them yet.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-22, 09:44 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

This is the one I have: https://www.amazon.com/BladesUSA-180...ps%2C82&sr=8-3

Here is a similar one that is cheaper, just with a different guard:
https://www.amazon.com/BladesUSA-180...%2C182&sr=8-22

They are both plastic.

Mine came with a removable guard. I use it without the guard. I have a couple other swords and sticks as well, but these are the cheapest options I could find if you're looking just for something to use for the Forza workouts. I found out quickly that the shorter ones are easier to move around quickly. The longer the sword, the longer it takes to swing it! I think the first one I had was around 40-41" and it was really hard to keep up with the Forza workouts. Once I got the shorter one (around 33" I think), it made the workouts more enjoyable!

ETA: Just realized the first one I posted is the longer one. The second one might actually be another one that I have. Lol, I have a few! I need to look and see if I may have purchased any somewhere other than Amazon.
Old 02-20-22, 09:47 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Stephanie!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-22, 04:35 AM  
jusca

I've always wanted to try this workout. Were your shoulders sore even only using a backscratcher?
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-22, 10:24 AM  
Mickey12

Thanks for the responses. You guys should try the workout. I liked it. It's definitely something different and it's similar to Ilaria's other workouts in that there is a lot of repetition but it's good because you can really focus on form. When I was really concentrating, I noticed my core working and felt my form was better.

And yes, my shoulders and neck muscles traveling down the sides of my neck to the top of my shoulders were sore this morning, even with just using the back scratcher. Not sore enough to require a Tylenol or anything, but definitely noticeable. I may get the second Forza workout at some point.

TB2, report back on what you thought of it. I would love to hear your feelings.
Old 02-21-22, 11:20 AM  
T2B

I posted this on my check-in:

I really enjoyed this workout. After I felt confident enough that I wasn’t going to destroy my ceiling, I was able to focus on the form pointers provided by Ilaria and really get into it. Felt it in my core and upperbody. All low impact, (well there was 1 set of jumping into a plie squat but it was short and a modification was shown), surprisingly meditative and a sweatfest. It’s a 60 min workout but it didn’t drag, for me. Felt like a righteous bad@$$ when we did the diagonal samurai squat into a diagonal chop with a hold move. .

Anyway, I’m feeling this already…. Can’t wait to try the Forza 2 Workout…

Mickey - I like that Ilaria’s workouts are kind of repetitive. I can get in that zone and just focus on my form.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-22, 12:13 PM  
fatkat555

I just acquired both Forza dvds recently and was wondering… is anyone streaming her new Forza class workouts? If so, how do they compare to the dvds?

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-22, 01:03 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I just use a broken broom stick and that works well. I'd love something with a tiny bit of weight to it.

Ilaria is so cut!!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bokken, forza, ilaria, sword