Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-21, 08:19 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

And just like that...... doh! I wrote the words in big letters across the folder that holds all of the paperwork. It's "productive". I suppose in many ways I was productive last year. Could I have been more productive? Absolutely.

I'm still working on a word for 2022....
Old 12-31-21, 08:30 PM  
fanofladyvols

bee I am glad you found your word!

I could definitely forget my word if I didn't have it prominently placed. Mine is on my dry erase board where I record my workouts for the month...and in my signature.

Maybe there's a place you can display your word where you're likely to engage it more often?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 09:13 PM  
BunnyHop

In general I plan to work on staying focused on good self care habits and on my long term goals.

I've bought one of those felt letter board thingys so I can spell out words or phrases that seem pertinent. Somehow seeing them is helpful and I hope the larger, more visible format will help.
Old 01-01-22, 12:54 AM  
hypnomoon

I'm so happy to see that there are so many here that I truly look up to that pick a word of the year mantra. I have been doing it for several years.

This year was WILLINGNESS. Too many times I found myself not willing to want to try something new. And, to me, that's just how an old person is; closed down to new experiences or ideas. I have seen this for several years in my husband. He isn't willing to try anything new. I don't want to be like that!

For 2022, I landed on LISTEN. I silence myself (yea, I see the irony) and allow the word to just come to me. I wasn't too keen when this word came up. I don't like to be told I don't listen.

This LISTEN is more than just listening to other people though. It's going well beyond that. It's listening to my own self. It's listening to my body. And on and on. When the word came to me, I though 'ugh' that's so boring. But, I rolled it around in my brain and figured that some part of me brought that to the forefront. There's a reason. And, I should....LISTEN!

All the best to everyone in the coming year.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 07:57 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Bee - funny story! Glad you found your word.

Like Bubbles76 - my word is JOY. Same reason ... Some good stuff did happen in 2021 but for some reason I did not find the Joy in it that I thought I would.

-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 09:18 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

My word for 2022 is acceptance.

I would like to pick words like consistency and productive, but with life being the way it is, I will likely be disappointed when I do not live up to those words. So I choose acceptance—acceptance of whatever I manage to accomplish and of what I do not, and acceptance of what life offers now.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 09:48 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Last year I promised myself to be ruthless, pertaining to both snail and e-junkmail. Just throw it out, delete, don't accumulate, stay on top of it. So this morning I set the timer and tossed a whole lot of mail that had been sitting around

I have ideas for this year, but haven't found the word yet.
Old 01-01-22, 10:21 AM  
buffmama

LOVE. The world needs more of it.
Old 01-01-22, 11:25 AM  
Leonana

Positive. I tend to be negative about the future, and although some bad things have happened, so far the years haven’t been as bad as I feared.
Old 01-01-22, 01:47 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
...The song is From the Beginning by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. "You see it's all clear, you were meant to be here...from the beginning."
Donna - I love that EL&P song!

FROM THE BEGINNING - Emerson, Lake & Palmer

My word for 2022: Freedom

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goals, new year goals, word for the year