Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-15-21, 09:50 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
The Firm- Total Body Toner

I'm on the fence on this one. I've only done this workout a couple of times, and I think that if I get the proper weights down for this I would enjoy it more. Some moves are isolated, so you can lift heavier, while others are compound moves where the heavy weights would be too much. It was frustrating to pause and switch weights this time through, but once I know the workout better I think I'll like it.
I tried this one with Allie as lead instructor, for the first time today! I had mixed feelings about it, also. It's a very choreographed routine that moves quickly and you're prompted to use light, medium and heavy weights throughout where changeups come up very frequently. I agree that once I know the workout (or can plan ahead for what's coming up next) I might like it more. The variety and number of exercises is great and Allie is adorable. Like most workouts of hers I've tried, she tends to be too fast for me, but upon repeated workouts I could eventually get it. The question is whether I can stay consistent with the Firm workouts long enough to get the benefits of mastering the workouts without seeming to be a step behind.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 10:17 AM  
Venus

Monday's workout was:

The Firm: Pump, Jump, 'n Jab with Kelsie Daniels + 5 min bonus
Yoga with Adriene: Morning Yoga - Energizing Morning Sequence 24 min
10 Day Gentle Reset: Day 4 Trust is a Must 38 min

I tried several Firm workouts with Kelsie last week and I think I like this one the most out of the ones I tried. I thought it was fun and I liked the pace. Some of the others felt a little frantic in spots.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 04:35 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Today I did Stephanie's PowerFit Harmony Sculpt Lower Body Blast along with her Weight Watchers Lower Body workout. Then I added a finisher to the end with Barry's Bootcamp Legs and Butt warmup and lunge segments. First time with this DVD, and the warmup is stepping on/off a step (I used Fanny Lifter) alternating to the right/left side quickly for three minutes. I plan to do that again before all lower body work now! Good stuff, though I didn't care for the instructor/trainer in this particular DVD.

Current Rotation:
Old 11-16-21, 06:34 PM  
Karla25

I remember buying The Tortoise and The Hare during their pre-sale debut. It was a big investment for me at the time But the Firm was one of my best investments. Lots of good memories with TheFIRM videos.

Today was the first time in years that I've done the Cross Trainers on consecutive days. It felt great to do The Hare tonight Love the aerobic finale and the ab work on this one.
Old 11-16-21, 08:06 PM  
gladgirl

Did V1but only the standing section. Still a good workout. May do the floor work with my cardio tomorrow.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 03:32 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

So far this month I've done all the strength workouts from both PowerFit sets (original and Harmony.) There hasn't been one that I didn't like, and I would do these again when I want to do band work.

Today, I wanted to focus on Upper Body, so grabbed Janet Brooks workout from Body Sculpting System 2. This system uses the Fanny Lifter as well as the sculpting stick. I dug my sculpting stick out of the closet, as it's been years since it's seen the light of day! I liked Janet very much and the workout was great at just under 40 minutes. I have to remember to remove the "twigs" before doing the warmup first, though. Enjoyed doing pushups and triceps dips with the FL, and it was interesting that she separated the two colors side by side for dips, so triceps were worked differently.

Plan to see what the other BSS2 workouts have in store! Excited for the next workout!

Current Rotation:
Old 11-18-21, 09:21 AM  
Venus

Wednesday's workout:

The Firm: Total Body Time-Crunch with Rebekah Sturkie
Yoga with Adriene: Yoga for Suffering 20 min
10 Day Gentle Reset: Day 6 Nourished Body, Centered Mind 34 min

Rebekah is one of my favorite Firm instructors and Total Body Time-Crunch is one of my favorite pink Firms (along with Get Chisel'd, which I plan to do later this week). It's been a while since I've done this workout, so I went with lighter weights. I like that the weight and cardio portions seem distinct, unlike other aero/tone Firm workouts where the weight portion feels like cardio with weights.

I noticed many of the pink Firms have an express version, but I do the full workout when I reach for them. I should probably try some of the express versions; I tend to forget them as an option when I want a shorter workout.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 04:32 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Today I did two workouts from the Firm Fast & Firm. First the Hips, Thighs and Abs with Pam which was challenging using Sculpting Stick balanced on legs during leg lifts. The other was with Lisa Kay's Lower Body Sculpt 1, and everything was great. Lots of tall box climbs (I only used the blue FL section here) and some simple cardio interspersed with the leg work. Of the two, I can see myself using Lisa's workout much more frequently. Pam's (on the other hand) was more challenging, but awkward. It was mainly the switching up of equipment between exercises, so lots of pausing the remote with this one.

I remember when these first came out and all anyone could talk about was Pam's appearance, at that time. It kinda put me off from doing the workout.

Current Rotation:
Old 11-18-21, 06:51 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Today, I wanted to focus on Upper Body, so grabbed Janet Brooks workout from Body Sculpting System 2. This system uses the Fanny Lifter as well as the sculpting stick. I dug my sculpting stick out of the closet, as it's been years since it's seen the light of day! I liked Janet very much and the workout was great at just under 40 minutes. I have to remember to remove the "twigs" before doing the warmup first, though. Enjoyed doing pushups and triceps dips with the FL, and it was interesting that she separated the two colors side by side for dips, so triceps were worked differently.

Plan to see what the other BSS2 workouts have in store! Excited for the next workout!
I think I've been enabled again! I like the idea of a shorter workout I'm enjoying trying these different Firm workouts.

Today was BSS2 Total Sculpt with Abs Jen Carmen was the lead. I have mixed feelings about this one. I liked the weight work -especially the one legged squats from the FL. They reminded me of a Jari Love workout, but not as intense.

I had a hard time following Jen on the cardio sections, so I mostly did my own thing and followed along when I could.
Old 11-18-21, 06:59 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Wednesday's workout:

The Firm: Total Body Time-Crunch with Rebekah Sturkie
Yoga with Adriene: Yoga for Suffering 20 min
10 Day Gentle Reset: Day 6 Nourished Body, Centered Mind 34 min
What do you think of the Eoin Finn program so far? I signed up for them, but have been really busy.

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm