Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-20, 02:53 PM  
jahra

Question about Pilates on Demand

For the Tracey Mallott on demand videos, (PilatesBarre on Demand), can they be
streamed to the to your TV via Google Chromecast?

I am thinking of changing from Xtend barre(OpenFit) which is a great
barre and pilates program, however now that I am older, it is paced a little too fast for me.

So my second question, is the Tracey Mallott approach a good alternative?

Other suggestions for Pilates/barre on demand welcome too.

Thanks for assistance, very appreciated!
Old 11-09-20, 05:19 PM  
sillygirl

Besides my Openfit subscription, I also use the FitOn app (all the workouts are FREE! and very very well produced with well-known seasoned fitness instructors). The barre workouts are instructed by various trainers while the Pilates is mostly Cassey Ho from Blogilates. I upgraded to the PRO subscription with FitOn so I could choose from different music genres in the app among other features (but it's not necessary). Xtend Barre does tend to be on the speedy side of barre methods but Andrea's cues and form are second-to-none. There are a lot of barre and Pilates workouts on FitOn I think you'll enjoy. I've come to really like yoga as well because of Vytas and Elise Joan aka Elise Gulan (from Beachbody's Barre Blend).

I haven't done a Booty Barre workout in a while but remember Tracey worked mostly in neutral spine (like Xtend Barre) but wasn't as fast as Xtend Barre.

HTH!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 08:32 PM  
jahra

Thank you sillygirl for the reply! I will check out the FitOn app, sounds like a great option for me. Looks like there are alot of choices there, and Casey Ho's workouts I have used in the past. I am going to sign on for Tracey's workouts, but I appreciate your suggestion for some different options. I will give the yoga on FitOn a try too! I will let you know how I like FitOn, trying to get a workout schedule especially before winter sets in!

Andrea Roger is excellent, and Openfit has some great workouts. I think soon Andrea is coming out with some stretch workouts too.
Old 11-09-20, 09:39 PM  
sillygirl

Jahra, the stretching program posted yesterday (or today? LOL!). I love stretching and looking forward to trying them out. Have you tried the sound meditation with Scarlett? I have always fallen sleep before the end of the meditation.

Definitely try FitOn! You can watch the workouts on your desktop/laptop, on iOS, and Android devices. They are also working on offering a Roku channel. I really am amazed that it's free considering the long list of excellent instructors, the fantastic workouts, and app features - creating your own schedule, linking it to your personal calendar, FitOn Party (in-app Zooming with your connected friends so you can do the workout together on video), chatting with friends within the app, additional music options with (with PRO), volume control to make music louder or instructor louder, downloading workouts for offline use (with PRO), extensive filter options, connecting to Apple Heath/Apple Watch, challenges to sign up for, completion badges, etc. A lot of customizable features like deleting workouts from your history. I sometimes watch workouts before I do them so I rather not see them on my completed workouts list. Even their Advice section in the app (and on the desktop/laptop site) gives tons of excellent advice/life hacks regarding fitness, wellness, and nutrition. They recently added meditation and the scenery are so beautiful I just want to keep my eyes open to watch them.

Openfit does have the edge with their live classes which are very motivating and fun. Beginner Yoga with Jennifer F. is my favorite class! Have you tried the new Mat Pilates Level 1 or Level 2 classes? Those follow the more traditional Pilates practice of slower controlled moves.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre streaming, pilates streaming