Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-09, 02:45 PM  
SAF

Has anyone ever bought the same dvd again just to have the pretty cover art?

Has anyone ever bought a duplicate dvd of the one you already own, which doesn't have the pretty cover art, just to have it with cover art? or is that insane?
SAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-09, 03:58 PM  
daisysunshine

I don't do it with dvds, but I do do it with books. It drives my mother absolutely nuts. she believes why does it matter if it's on the shelf. my poor poor mother lol

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-09, 05:09 PM  
kellyslims

I was just contemplating this the other day. I have Amy Bentos ten minute solution Tone trouble zones (that uses the band) anyway I got it in a trade. It is in a plain black case, it sits on the shelf neatly lined up with the other
10MS titles I have and it just looks out of place. I don't think it bothers me enough to rebuy it though, I saw it best buy the other day and it was $18.99 if it was under $10 I might do it though- yes I have issues!

Last edited by kellyslims; 05-26-09 at 05:09 PM. Reason: ETA okay maybe if it were $5 I'd rebuy it!
kellyslims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-09, 05:16 PM  
Sunnyday

Yes, I did it with 1 and only 1 dvd: Jari Love's Get Ripped Slim & Lean. It's the one with the green cover. I just wanted to look like that, so I had to buy another copy so I could take the cover and tape it to my wall for inspiration
Sunnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-09, 05:18 PM  
patchworkpenguin

If I have a DVD that I got without the cover, it ends up in a case with a white paper cover with black writing on the spine. I tend not to do these workouts even if they are very good because I forget I have them, in their plain wrappings.

In a very few cases {like maybe three?} I have bought the DVD with case and cover but usually at Ross or Big Lots.

I have thought more seriously about trading for the
'whole she-bang' workout, and SASE-ing out the one I have or passing it on to a friend.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-09, 05:29 PM  
SAF

Same here, I tend to not do the dvds with the plain covers/titles, I just don't notice them as much as the pretty, colorful one's. Kind of dumb, I guess, because once they are in the dvd player, its all the same.
SAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-09, 10:05 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I've never actually done it, but there are times when I've been tempted briefly. I really like the first cover that Tari used for Hard Body Yoga (dark blue background and normal yoga outfit) compared to the retail version where she looks like she's about to go out and cheer for some sports team. Unfortunately the first version isn't sold anymore.

I also really like the covers for the retail version of the TLTs although the cases look cheaper/flimsier.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-09, 11:41 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I will admit to doing that once: the original Jari Love Ripped workout was sooooo ugly, and when she started coming out with her pretty colored covers and re-released the first one in pink - well I just had to re-buy it!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 05:48 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

I have now done the opposite...I love pretty covers but have boxed all mine away since I got Discgear boxes. It started with my dislike of Janis Saffel's Brand New Butt & More vhs cover...I put it in a plain white sleeve. I did finally replace it with DVD when she came out with a cheap set of DVDS since I love the workout. Then I ordered some CIAs from Amazon which have really awful covers (to me, at least - Sharon's All Body Attack, for instance) because of the low price. So...I now have no covers to see except the vhs I still have. I miss having the covers on my shelf so I could see what I had & what I could choose from, however, now I have room for lots more DVDs
Old 05-27-09, 06:08 AM  
Angep

I have the discgear now, but in the past, I re bought Firms Express Cardio, because I had the Fast and Firm version, and the red cover didn't match the white/blue covers of the other BSS3 I had.
Angep is offline   Reply With Quote