Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-22, 07:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

60 kettlebell swings and push-ups and plank yesterday. I think Wednesday was the same except short house walks instread of swings. I need to get back to more consistency.

DD and I started a little decluttering yesterday too. She's very organized and I need that guidance. She said we'll do a little every day. She is going away for several days next week but we'll do what we can when we can.

DIANE, boy I sure can use your organizing, cleaning and getting rid of stuff skills. lol

Waves to DONNA, PAT & PAM. All doing some very nice workouts.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 08:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and TGIF! I won't mind swiping out tonight, that's for sure. Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W1D4 & 5
~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 5
~ Early evening walk around neighborhood;
~ 9,215 steps

It was a glorious afternoon and I even got DH out of the house to walk with me. I might walk down to my osprey nest this evening to take some field notes for the Audubon. The osprey cams are revealing the moms incubating eggs right now. I just observed a male return to the nest with half a fish for mama, who took it with her and flew off for a little break.

Summer Breeze, good luck with the decluttering. Having a good organizer like your DD to help should make it a little easier. Good workouts!

Pam, I feel the same about cleaning. There you go with that fireside yin again, I need a jealous emoji.

Diane, I like the feeling of paring down. Sometimes there's an internal struggle, but then you have more room and less clutter. Your bike rides sound so nice.

Good morning Donna!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 09:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post...

Last night I did end up doing the 2nd part of the Matrix walk along w/ the standing core and I managed to get in Yoga w/ Bird - Day 5, I think.

This morning was time crunched so I did Lucy's Feel Amazing Challenge Day # 2 - it was a "run" with some toning. Her stuff is really sneaky and time efficient.

Speaking of which, that will be my goal for about two weeks - supposedly our Master Bath remodel is going to start at the end of next week. He anticipates it will take 2 weeks....and they like to start early so I am going to have to re-think my workout plans for those two weeks. I normally like to do my main workout in the morning, but w/ them getting here at 7:30 a.m. it is going to be a challenge. So I will either have to do something super short or do a workout in the evening after work....I do run out of steam in the evening, even w/ working from home. I may just aim for 3 sparks throughout the day - a short something in the morning, a mid-day walk, and a short something at night.

Whatever, it is temporary and I hope to at least have a newly remodeled Master Bath by Memorial Day.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 05:29 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!
The day got away from me!

Workout:
Treadmill run, followed by Yoga for Sciatica (Joelle)
In the afternoon, I did another Yoga for Sciatica with Jen Hilman.
I’m having a tiny flareup so after yoga, did an Epsom salt bath, which felt so, so good. Lots of stretching and, more importantly, minimize sitting.

Donna: The good old workouts are always my go-to’s these days. Remodeling really messes with our routines but it is short-lived. You’ll have a beautiful new bathroom!

Pam: Tomorrow is my cleaning day after my workout. Since it’s Kentucky Derby day, DH will be out of my way watching the races. I’m not a horse racing fan so I’m not missing anything!

Summer Breeze: Sometimes I go overboard with decluttering, to the point of my DH saying, “Don’t touch my stuff!” But once he sees how decluttered things get, he gets in on the program. Other than books, I’m a total minimalist. The less stuff I have, the easier it is to keep clean. I’m getting more and more minimalist as I go along! It’s so hard to stay consistent with our workouts when life gets in the way.

Pat: I love how you enjoy nature so much! Every year, on our front porch, a robin will build her nest. DH wanted me to put bricks on her favorite spot because the mess they make drives him crazy. So, I told him, don’t look, when the season is over, I scrub and clean the porch, remove the empty nest, etc. Right now we have a mama that doesn’t seem intimidated by us. I talk to her softly and call her “mamacita”. I can’t wait until the babies hatch!

I hope everyone had a great day! See you all tomorrow!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 09:15 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Qi Gong 30 day challenge: day 4
~ETV: Ellyn’s live from a week ago, standing only first 15 min
~strength circuit day 2
~long stretch & supported yin….hip, leg, QL, & chest opener focus, finished with supported fish

Busy weekend ahead as DS1, DIL, & the girls arrive tonight for the weekend. The men are cooking dinner for the moms tomorrow night, should be good!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-22, 02:22 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Saturday greetings! DS was going to visit today for some outdoor fun but it's cold and windy so we rescheduled. Anyway, yesterday featured:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 6
~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W1D6
~ Ellen's Moving Meditation download
~ Bird's Restorative Yoga for Emotional Release and Hip Tension
~ 5,718 steps

I forgot all about the download package I purchased from Ellen a few months ago. I was laying on the couch after work thinking "I'm toast" when suddenly the Moving Meditation came to mind. It was very nice and soothing but still a bit of a challenge. I just signed up for a one week trial to her streaming.

Enjoy your "man made" dinner, Pam!

Aw, Diane thanks for supporting your robin family. I consider it a blessing to have been chosen! Good luck with your flare-up.

Donna, good luck with your remodel and finding a way to schedule your workouts. I'm enjoying the May LWR challenge, so far they've been short and enjoyable.

Hi Summer Breeze!
Old 05-07-22, 02:53 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey there!

Today’s workout:
Body Electric Good n Strong – Upper and Lower Body
Pushups
Tamilee’s Challenge – 3 sets of 10 firewalkers
Yoga for Sciatica – Lesley
I’m hoping to do another short yoga in a little while

Pam: Looks like you’re going to have a busy but fun weekend – enjoy!

Pat: I haven’t revisited Ellen in years. Geez, so many workouts and so little time! I'm so loving watching my little robin family - in times of world insanity, it's nice to watch nature and see that life just goes on.

Hi to Donna and Summer Breeze!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 08:18 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day! I had a low key day which featured an hour long nap on the couch after running errands.

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 7
~ Ellen Barrett Serene Strength
~ 4,533 steps

Good morning Diane and anyone else who visits!
Old 05-08-22, 11:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Happy Mother's Day.

Just popping in with greetings. 2 days of cold rainy weather completely de-motivated me. Ugh.

DONNA, good luck with the master bathroom remodel.

Waves to PAM, PAT & DIANE!

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 03:14 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello, I’ll be back to chat tomorrow.

Happy birthday Pat!

Happy Mother’s Day to all who celebrate it….with their kids, or their mom, or remembering moms who are no longer with us.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga