Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-22, 11:06 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterdays workouts:
~Strength circuit day 2
~Essentrics class prep for tomorrow
~Quick stretch after

Todays workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Acupressure and long hip, shoulder, QL, & shoulder focused stretch & supported yin poses.

Summer breeze - I read a lot of Elizabeth George a few years back, the Thomas Lynley series, and really enjoyed them. I was in deep with streaming last year, a reaction to Covid I think, but I’ve cut way back. I think it’s fun to do for a month or two here and there, but a year can be a big commitment. I do have a year of Essentrics, but I get ideas for my classes so I feel it’s worth it. In the past 6 months I’ve given up Barre3, Body Groove, & Movement for Modern Life. I do a month of Ellen Barrett here & there. I used to do an occasional month of Walking Online, but there’s so much on YouTube and I have a lot of digital downloads.

Pat - Treat yourself, you’ll save on the exchange too!

Diane - We’ve moved a lot too, and I agree it gets harder as you get older. I can see why you’d want to move to a warmer climate after hearing how much snow you had this winter. I hear the Netherlands is lovely, hope to get there some day. I believe English is widely spoken there.

Waves to Donna!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 08:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Wednesday! My Tuesday featured:

~ A Kassandra morning yin
~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W1D2;
~ 6,387 steps

Wishing you all a wonderful day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 09:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

40 minute outdoor walk
short house walk
push-ups and plank

Trying to get myself back on the program.
Another yucky wet day so I'll see what I can get myself to do.

PAM, yes Thomas Lynley series. So good.
I can see where a month at a time makes more sense but MR's sale is for either 6 months or a year. Still pondering.

Waves to all!!

Have a wonderful day.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 09:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have just been busy, busy with work....ugh and we are going to start renovations on our bathrooms soon so I have been picking tile, etc. They are doing one at a time and I think there will be several weeks in between so that is good - I'll at least get a break, lol!

Anyway....

Today's workout was:

Kathy Smith - Ageless Staying Strong: Upper Body & Glutes - this is a really nice routine. 15 min of each. The Upper Body focused some on posture and keeping your upper back strong. Glutes was mainly floorwork but ended w/ some lunges and deadlifts.

Lucy W-R - May Challenge Day # 3- which was standing core

Yoga w/ Bird - 7 Day Challenge Day # 4

I did more than I expected I would given that I woke up feeling less than energized.

Re: subscriptions, I do have a hard time committing to something for a year. I have a subscription to Jessica Valent Pilates which I'm probably not going to renew when it comes due in July. I do keep Ellen around. Although I think I'm going to cancel/suspend my ETV for a bit - and focus on the CS DVDs I have at home for a bit.

It is hard for me to stick with one instructor, one genre for very long!

Although I do feel a Kathy Smith kick coming on!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 10:00 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Today’s workout:
Cathe’s Body Fusion, followed by Tamilee’s Holiday Challenge with Dead Bugs between each set, stretching

Donna: Oh I love Kathy Smith and still have her workouts! Geez, where does the time go??? I’m getting my second booster at the end of May. I have tickets for 5 concerts this summer, thankfully all outdoors but will still wear my mask. The Upstate area is seeing an uptick of cases. Tamilee’s Holiday workout is a paper challenge I think she released in December. It’s just a simple exercise calendar, doing basically one type of workout per day if that’s all one can fit in. I have stacks of these kinds of challenges that I’ve found over the years and, now decluttering, going through all of them, doing the workouts, then letting them go. It’s crazy how many workouts I have! I find it hard to commit to streaming. Somehow physically putting in a DVD is more satisfying to me. Kind of like books – love the smell and feel of books. I have a Kindle but it’s not the same!

Pam: My sister-in-law was an English teacher in Holland before she met my brother-in-law. In most countries, people have learned English. When I was doing my undergrad, I studied Russian and, at that time, I believe 25 million Russians spoke English compared to 25,000 Americans spoke another language. That was back in the late 70s but things have not changed much with education in the US. Frankly, it’s gotten worse and that is so sad.

Pat: I used to watch and do Joanie’s shows religiously, along with Body Electric and Charlene Prickett’s It Figures! Good, solid, easy to follow workouts. Ahh… those were the days!

Summer Breeze: My Dutch sister-in-law, whom I love more than anything, has struggled with depression her entire adult life so going “home” would be so good for her. The problem is my brother-in-law is wildly eccentric and borders on being a hoarder. Piles and piles of newspapers everywhere. He’s freaking out thinking about having to get rid of stuff. That’s just one of our “siblings”, lots more insanity where that comes from so no wonder I’m not attached to any family! I think that’s why I’m such an animal person. Animals are straight shooters – they get angry or annoyed then get over it. As far as the BE streaming, beware the glitches you will be sure to encounter. Great workouts, especially the older ones but it can be frustrating.

Off to take care of the critters! Have a great day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 09:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Functional fitness, the start of spring cleaning, today was cupboards & drawers
~Long stretch, yin, & acupressure as usual

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 05-05-22, 09:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W1D3
~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 4
~ GYM for 15/45/10 of treadmill, weight machines and arc trainer
~ 7,690 steps

Going crazy here! I'll come back to chat later today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-22, 09:42 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

A beautiful sunny day. We have managed to get a couple of bike rides in, not noted in my check-in because it was an afterthought later in the day. It feels wonderful to get outside and feel the sun!

Today’s workout:
Core Day – Orangetheory Core Strength 1, a Cathe stability ball abs, Tamilee’s Holiday Challenge – 3 sets of 10 Sumo Squats with resistance band, Yoga with Joelle’s Hip Practice.

Pam: Spring cleaning – I love it! I secretly so enjoy cleaning, organizing and getting rid of stuff!

Pat: Hope you’re going crazy in a sort of “good way”, not frustrating craziness!

Hi to Donna and Summer Breeze!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-22, 10:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Will be brief.....unfortunately....

Last night I got out for a walk w/ my Golden and then did the standing portion of Jenny's Aging Backwards on ETV (it was a Live workout)

Today, so far, sticking w/ the Kathy Smith theme:

Matrix Walk - just the first section and stretch. This one is kinda cheesy, but I still enjoyed it.

Later today I'll either do the 2nd section and standing abs or I'll go another outdoor walk - whatever the weather dictates.

I need to do some major decluttering as well.

waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-22, 10:17 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today featured….
~Qi Gong 30 day challenge: day 3
~My friends Essentrics class
~Yin yoga class by the fire

Diane - Although I love the end result, I don’t love cleaning, lol!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga