Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-02-22, 07:23 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Another cool and rainy day here. When oh when will we be able to turn the heat off???

Today’s Workout:
Cathe’s Body Fusion step & weights workout
Tamilee’s Holiday challenge – 3 sets of 30 sec planks, with 20 dead bugs between each set
Yoga with Bird 10 minute stretch

Donna: I hope your friend in NY is OK. Hopefully she is vaccinated & boosted. Our CPA told us he had Covid twice – once before the vaccines were available and once after vaccination. He said you don’t want Covid if you’re not vaccinated. I don’t want it at all! What kind of position are you interviewing for? Assuming something different than what you’re doing now. I’m a person who loves change so if you like change, go for something different!

Pam: I loved Wally Lamb’s “I Know This Much Is True” – that was the kind of book that made me wish it went on and on. So far, I’m really liking “She’s Come Undone”.

Summer Breeze – Very interested if you’ve met with the realtor. This morning I’ve been reading about retirees who have left the US. That seems to call to me. Don’t know if I can get DH to go along with it. I’m the adventurous one. We took a vacation out to San Diego in March 1988 and two weeks later we were moving there! I just knew we needed to spread our wings, much to his parents’ chagrin. His mother really had a bad reaction to the move and, of course, it was my fault, as if her son couldn't think for himself. That’s OK. It’s our lives and we have to live it!

Hi to Pat!!!! Have a great day despite it being Monday!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 07:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

41 minute outdoor walk

Just a beautiful spring day yesterday and today is rainy and cool. We can't seem to win this spring. Not sure what I'll be doing today exercise wise.

DIANE, good workouts. I'm not the adventurous type and especially now with DH gone I can't see myself going somewhere far away from my kids and other family and friends. I admire people who are though. I've had that book by Wally Lamb for years and never read it. I also recently acquired his "I Know This Much Is True" book. It looks right up my alley. I've been engrossed in detective/mystery/suspense books lately but I hope to tackle those books one day soon.

DONNA, you're doing a lot of varied workouts. Nice job. Is the job you interviewed for also from home as much as your current position? I'm sure that's a consideration too.

PAM, I always look at your workouts and go ahhh. They look so refreshing.

Hi PAT! Hope all is going well.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 08:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning, Happy Moan Day! It was so hard to get up at 5:30 a.m. I swear, sleeping until you natural alarm goes off is so much healthier. Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Holding Qigong Challenge Day 1
~ My own PT
~ Walk at beach
~ 6,563 steps

The walk was beautiful, the incessant wind gave us a break and I was even able to sit and meditate.

Pam, I saw the Bellyfit Springtime Ritual sale and am so tempted. Have you tried any of the other three yet? They look nice and flowy in the clips. My book club read I Know This Much is True years ago and for the life of my can't remember it. Lamb's books are usually short so I bookmarked it to re-read. He is from my local area and when he writes of "Three Rivers," that is where I live.

Summer Breeze, I guess we need the rain though after yesterday it's a bit of a bummer. I'm enjoying a murder mystery, Cleopatra's Dagger by Carole Lawrence. It's set in NYC during the Victorian era - I love novels from that period. It involves a woman who witnesses a murder while speeding past an apartment when she is riding on the elevated. Which seems very familiar - Hitchcock movie?

Diane, I read She's Come Undone and also for the life of me can't remember that, either. That's okay I left my sushi lunch on the counter this morning, roll eyes. I remember Wishin' and Hopin' vividly, it also takes place where I live and it's more lighthearted. Are you still minding the Critter Crew?

Donna, I hope your friend gets better quick. Good luck with the outcome of your application! Keep us posted.

Have a wonderful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 08:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Happy "Moan" day!

Today's workouts, so far:

Lucy Wyndham Read - 20 Min Cardio (May 28 Day Challenge, Day 1)
Jessica Valent Pilates - Beginner Lower Body Workout # 1
Yoga w/ Bird - 7 Day Yoga Challenge Day # 2

Going to attempt Lucy's 28 day challenge this month - her workouts are simple but I think they are effective and easy to add on to since they tend to be short.

Jessica V is doing a 3 week "strong" challenge which I'm going to throw into the mix as well. Today was just a basic lower body routine - squats, lunges, deadlifts and step ups - 2 sets of each.

Yoga w/ Bird was a nice way to end it this morning.

Planning for a walk and/or Essentrics later.

I was considering cancelling my ETV subscription for now and just focusing on the CS DVDs I have at home. I do love the Live workouts, but I'm focusing on other workouts right now and the length of time of a CS episode is perfect for an add on.

I read a handful of Wally Lamb's books - and I enjoyed them. I haven't read much of his new stuff, however.

The job I interviewed for would be just as much work from home, if not more so that is a good thing. Working from home is a priority for me. If I had to I would go back to the office, obviously, but if I don't have to and can avoid it, I'm all for it.

My friend tested negative for COVID but her DH tested positive - they have the same symptoms so I'm thinking that one of those tests is wrong. The worst part is her DH is undergoing cancer treatments, so it is not good for him to be sick w/ COVID particularly since they have to suspend his treatment.

Hopefully he'll get better quickly, they are giving him the antiviral and she says he just feels like he has a bad head cold.

UGH!

On that note...hope everyone has an uneventful Monday.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 12:14 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I loved I know This Much is True, read it shortly after it came out, late 90s IIRC. Summer breeze I hope you enjoy it!

Diane & summer breeze - Moving is a big decision! We always knew we wanted to end up on the west coast away from severe prairie winters. Our boys love it here too & being close to family is important to us especially as we age.

Pat - I’ve done two of Alice’s new series. They are very nice, 20 min, flowy, great music courtesy of her hubby DJ Rowan. Bummer you forgot your lunch!

Donna - I think there’s a significant percentage of false negatives with rapid antigen Covid tests especially if you have a lower viral load. I hope your friend’s hubby recovers soon so he can resume treatment.

Back later with my workouts….

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 07:22 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!
Early morning workout:
Body Electric Lower Body Focus using Good n’ Strong
Pushups
Tamilee’s Holiday Challenge – 3 sets of 30 sec side planks
3 Sets of Dead Bugs
Joanie Greggain (remember Joanie!!!) Super Stomachs – an oldie but goodie found on You Tube!
Planning on a Bad Yogi Hips and Hamstrings practice this afternoon.

Summer Breeze: We opted to not have children so we don’t have to worry about leaving family. We have a ton of nieces and nephews but they’re all off doing their thing and, for us, no reason to hang around for siblings. One of my husband’s siblings is retiring in Holland as his wife is Dutch. It will definitely be an easier retirement in The Netherlands than in the US, especially since she is a Dutch citizen. I’m ¾ of the way through “She’s Come Undone” – it’s a dark book in many respects but it’s holding my attention!

Pat: I read it years ago also and could not for the life of me remember it! Geez, is that old age or just my brain is overloaded over the years??? Still minding the Critter Crew. I pretty much have Angel, the disabled pup, every day. She’s gaining strength each and every day. We all thought she would not still be with us so this is unbelievable – she’s even starting to take some wobbly steps! I will be caring for my neighbor’s dog and cat tomorrow. Their son lives in Tarrytown and their daughter-in-law just got out of the hospital after complications after giving birth. Their animals, especially their gorgeous cat, consider me an interloper!

Donna: Love Yoga with Bird - some nice short practices. I really love You Tube and all the offerings there! OMG – I’m so sorry about your friend and her husband. Hopefully the antivirals will take care of the worst of it. I’m convinced these home tests are crap – hit and miss – or maybe the test needs to detect a certain amount of virus before coming up positive. I’m convinced we’re never getting out of this pandemic. It may end up being an endemic but the illness and possible after effects are so frightening. Fingers crossed on your possible new job!

Pam: We’ve moved to many times for work over the years. It gets harder as we get older but I’m still game! I love change, DH not so much but if he thinks it will be better for us, he’ll go.

Have a great day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 08:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did end up getting outside to walk my Golden and I did CS 1303.

Today, so far, has been:

Kathy Smith - Step Workout - from 1992 - 30 YEARS AGO! Where does the time go?

Yoga w/ Bird - 7 Day Challenge Day # 3

My friend is hanging in there, they are both vaccinated....

I do feel COVID is here to stay, but I haven't yet gotten the 2nd booster and I'm not sure if I will or not. I am not sure that the benefits are that long-lived, and I was sick from both the 2nd shot and 1st booster. I figure in the fall we'll be getting even more shots...so unless something changes, I'll just wait for that one.

Ugh!

Anyway - not much new to report!

Diane - where are you finding Tamilee's workouts? Doing Kathy's workout today got me thinking about the old days and the instructors from back in the day!

Waves, everyone,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 09:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W1D1
~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 2
~ Bellyfit TV Season 1 - Grounding
~ 8,831 steps

I might buy myself the new Bellyfit spring package for my birthday. It's a little pricey, even on sale for $40, but the clips look like a lot of fun and they're 20 minutes long.

Donna, love that you did Kathy's old step workout! Seriously - where has all this time gone. It seems like yesterday and an eternity ago at once. I wonder what my oldest workout is now?

Diane, wow Joanie Greggain, another blast from the past. I tried her morning fitness show after having my baby. She was using a broom over her shoulders to do all kinds of twisting moves, and it annihilated my back. She was a one-time deal for me, but she had a huge fan base.

Pam, you're nudging closer to an enablement here! Thanks for your feedback.

Good morning Summer Breeze and anyone else who visits!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 10:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Just a few short house walks yesterday. Besides the weather being yucky I wasn't feeling up to par. I do hope to get out there today though.

PAT, great to see you back in the groove even though that 5:30 am wake up time sounds gruesome. Cleopatra's Dagger sounds very intriguing. I'll put that on my huge TBR pile. Could very well be a Hitchcock movie.

DONNA, good workouts. I really need to remember LWR more often with her short workouts. Oh I hope your friend and her DH recover quickly. I'm holding off for now on the 2nd booster too.

DIANE, nice vintage instructors. Oh retiring to Holland sounds fascinating. I hear you on not staying around for siblings as much as I love my sister. LOL. If DH was still alive I might venture far but I'm not the type to do it alone. Well who knows?

PAM, I'll probably get to that Wally Lamb when I can tear myself away from the Elizabeth George series I'm reading now. I got really hooked on it. I'm on the 5th book now.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Old 05-03-22, 10:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Not sure if anyone is interested but MR is having a Mother's Day sale on her digital downloads and streaming.

Code "mothersday20" for the downloads
"md20+gift" for the streaming

Please talk me down from the streaming.
LOL. I love the workouts on there but I rarely used it before and it's not cheap even with the discount.

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga