Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-22, 06:38 PM  
horusosiris

I have one that I purchased when the Forza workouts were initially released. I have not done any Forza workouts in years but now I may put Forza in my next rotation.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-22, 09:25 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
I posted this on my check-in:

I really enjoyed this workout. After I felt confident enough that I wasn’t going to destroy my ceiling, I was able to focus on the form pointers provided by Ilaria and really get into it. Felt it in my core and upperbody. All low impact, (well there was 1 set of jumping into a plie squat but it was short and a modification was shown), surprisingly meditative and a sweatfest. It’s a 60 min workout but it didn’t drag, for me. Felt like a righteous bad@$$ when we did the diagonal samurai squat into a diagonal chop with a hold move. .

Anyway, I’m feeling this already…. Can’t wait to try the Forza 2 Workout…

Mickey - I like that Ilaria’s workouts are kind of repetitive. I can get in that zone and just focus on my form.
I love the same things that you do about Ilaria's workouts

I like Forza 2 better than 1, it has a little bit more fun combos in it. Both of them definitely make me feel it the next day in my entire upper body, even in places I don't expect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
I just acquired both Forza dvds recently and was wondering… is anyone streaming her new Forza class workouts? If so, how do they compare to the dvds?
I'm going to splurge and try her streaming service for a month. I'm going to try the Definitions and Forza add ons as well. I've always loved Ilaria's workouts, and I didn't realize how much content her streaming service has accumulated, so it seems worth the try. It's pricey, but now I'll feel like I have to give it a real go to make it worth it! Plus, I've always wanted to do a true Ilaria rotation but have never committed to it. Now I will have a reason to, and the Definitions seems like a good way to round it out with true strength only workouts.

This thread has been a good kick in the butt for my motivation!

ETA: Before anyone thinks I'm too crazy, I definitely will be doing some halfsies for some of these workouts! Most of them are close to an hour, and I can't always manage and hour long Ilaria workout :P
Old 02-22-22, 12:33 PM  
Mickey12

Zraipel I would love it if you posted your thoughts on Ilaria's streaming. I know I won't subscribe, but I really like Ilaria and would be interested in what her classes are like now. What is Definitions?
Old 02-22-22, 08:22 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Zraipel I would love it if you posted your thoughts on Ilaria's streaming. I know I won't subscribe, but I really like Ilaria and would be interested in what her classes are like now. What is Definitions?
Yes, please share your thoughts after you try Ilaria’s streaming!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-22, 09:07 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I definitely will let you guys know how it goes! It looks like most of the workouts are Ilaria by herself in a room in her home. There is electronic music (but the kind I like) in the background from what I've seen of the ones I've browsed.

Definitions is just plain strength training with dumbbells. Not the functional type moves like Atletica. Just regular weight lifting.

I'll be trying my first workout tomorrow!
Old 02-23-22, 03:37 PM  
bfit

You can use a piece of skinny plastic hollow PVC pipe about 3 feet long (or however long you want it). Just be sure to get pipe that is not too big in diameter so you can hold on to it easily. You can also just use a wooden dowel cut to the right length. You can get both of these things at places like Home Depot. They should be able to cut it for you there. I've used both, but I don't do these workouts very often because I feel like such a klutz when I do.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bokken, forza, ilaria, sword