Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-13-21, 09:57 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Gold Power Walk 1 - 30min
GHUTV Chair Strength from FO60 calendar - 30min

Chair Strength was a solid upper body workout with a few quad moves and a few squats at the end. I did most of the moves on the chair but also did some standing up. Sitting while doing UB kind of limited my range of motion but chair workouts definitely can be useful in some instances.

Does anyone here have a recent experience with Weight Watchers? I'm considering joining in January for 3 months to see if I can kickstart some good habits and lose some weight. I did that about 18 years ago when they did points or points plus and was very successful in losing 22 lbs. I was totally motivated and found it easy to lose that weight back then. After that, I lost interest and over the years I regained the weight although I kept if off for about 5 years or so. I've tried several free food tracking sites but I can't stay motivated past the first week or so. I think if I pay for it, I may be more serious about sticking with it.

Carol, I no longer give the anti-maskers/vaxers another thought. They're not interested in science or facts, and nothing will change their minds. I think that annual covid shots will become our new norm just like flu shots. Nowadays, I only worry about my and my DH health and the rest.....whatever. I'm tired of worrying about Covid and those that keep spreading it around by their own ignorance and refusal to accept the scientific data.

I have no real plans for today. I'll just chill and relax. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 11-13-21, 12:28 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post

Carol, I no longer give the anti-maskers/vaxers another thought. They're not interested in science or facts, and nothing will change their minds. I think that annual covid shots will become our new norm just like flu shots. Nowadays, I only worry about my and my DH health and the rest.....whatever. I'm tired of worrying about Covid and those that keep spreading it around by their own ignorance and refusal to accept the scientific data.

I know Dana. I just wish we didn't have so many of them out here and I didn't have to deal with them. It's just jaw dropping and exhausting. Just when I think they can't get any crazier, they do. How people can believe these wild, wild conspiracy theories over simple scientific facts is totally beyond me. I wish someone could explain how otherwise reasonable people can do this.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-21, 01:58 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I know Dana. I just wish we didn't have so many of them out here and I didn't have to deal with them. It's just jaw dropping and exhausting. Just when I think they can't get any crazier, they do. How people can believe these wild, wild conspiracy theories over simple scientific facts is totally beyond me. I wish someone could explain how otherwise reasonable people can do this.

Carol
I hear you Carol, and frankly, I don't know how you manage to get through your days having to deal with conspiracy theorists and others like it. It sounds very stressful and exhausting. I'm very lucky in that I'm semi-retired and the few people I work with just several hours per week, are for the most part sane, tolerant and open-minded. Hang in there, Carol!
Old 11-13-21, 10:14 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was just a walk:

Walk - 30 minutes

The weather was nice and I wanted a little sunshine.

Thanks Dana for putting up with my venting. I'm already dreading Thanksgiving - we are spending it with my only living family member, my brother, and sometimes he can go off into conspiracy land. Thankfully we are staying at a hotel, instead of his house, so if it gets too bad we can escape.

Carol
Old 11-14-21, 06:48 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were

Silver & Fit - 11/11/21 Intermediate Cardio with Adita - 30 minutes;
Trifecta Pilates - Total Body Workout #2 - 10 minutes;
Classical Stretch - Season 12, Episode 22 - 23 minutes

The Intermediate Cardio workout was a kickboxing (of sorts) workout. There was a lot of repetition. I've been working through Beth's first 7 day Beginner series and I think it is harder than her most recent Beginner series. Classical Stretch - what can I say? I know it's good for me. This episode wasn't too bad.

Carol
Old 11-15-21, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

It was a busy weekend!

On Saturday, for formal workouts I did:

Ellen - Cardio Core
A little bit of PT I found on You Tube for SI Joint - it wasn't anything special.
Outdoor walk - about 40 min

Sunday, I ended up getting into a decluttering and re-organizing project w/ DH.
We purged our book collection and cleared out two shelves to make the home office look a lot less cluttered. The room feels a lot bigger.

We are probably going to move once we both retire so I want to start clearing the clutter now.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of clutter to clear! My DH is a bit of a pack rat, honestly. The only area that I am like that w/ is my workout collection - I have SO MANY DVDs and I am never going to use them all. I really need to do a purge. One step at a time, I suppose!

Anyway, as a result of the decluttering project, I didn't do a formal workout yesterday - although I was active all day.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Fat Burning Fusion 2

I hope to maybe get out for a walk later today.

Sorry for the lack of personals...just trying to get caught up!

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Carol and Dana - I often wonder the same thing - how can otherwise intelligent people fall into the traps of this way of thinking???? I also think COVID shots will be a yearly thing.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 09:38 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Gold Interval Power Walk 2 - 30min
GHUTV Gold Beginners Total Body Conditioning - 30min

Power Walk was led by Chris and as usual, it was a good workout. Chris is very positive and encouraging and I like to work out with her. Beginners Total Body Conditioning workout just exhausted me and not because of the moves but because of the constant banter and chatter between the 2 participants. They did not shut up for a second, to the point that lead instructor was losing count, missing the beat etc. While the workout itself was fine and basic, I won't be doing this one again. Chris was not in this workout.

Donna, I need to do major decluttering and I actually do it about once a year but only my stuff. My dh is a MAJOR pack rat (almost a hoarder) and getting him to get rid of anything is a losing proposition. It's really frustrating!

Hi Carol! I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving probably because my DH and I won't have any guests this year. I don't have any family to speak of, and all my husband's family is out of state. I'm good with that. We plan to eat to excess and watch movies and football all weekend.

Wishing everyone a good day!
Old 11-15-21, 10:05 AM  
donnamp

Dana - your Thanksgiving sounds perfect! LOL! We really don't have much in the way of family either - but this year my DD's new BF is going to join us - he is a vegetarian so I'm thinking of something to cook for him so he can have something besides side dishes.

His family is on the dysfunctional side - speaking of the virus, he had a huge falling out with his Dad over the virus (his Dad doesn't believe it is real) and that ended up de-railing his college plans and he moved in w/ his mom and is going to community college locally. I do feel for him b/c his parents don't really support his desire to continue his education and it is a shame b/c he is very bright and was a national merit finalist!! So, go figure.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 07:07 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were

GHUTV - Indoor Interval Walking - 20 minutes;
Led by Chris, Lindsay showed low impact modifications, which I followed. Good to get a little movement in before bed. I am loosely following Chris' Beginner 1.0 calendar for a while - a good mix of walking and some strengthening.

Trifecta Pilates - Beginner Series - Breathe and Stretch - 10 minutes
The last day of Beth's first Pilates for Beginners series, and a nice stretch.

I didn't have a lot of time for workouts because I had a massage after work, and then Bible Study - but I got something done. Hopefully tonight will be a bit easier because DS has class and I won't have to cook dinner.

Dana - Your Thanksgiving does sound perfect!

Donna - That's sad about DD's BF's family.

Waves ~

Carol
Old 11-16-21, 08:28 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

GHUTV - Walk, Sweat & Sculpt - Lower Body - 30 minutes;
I skipped a couple of the moves in this one - army crawls (or whatever that is called) and another one that I find annoying. I still got a good workout though.

Classical Stretch - Season 12, Episode 28 - 23 minutes
Definitely more challenging than the CS I did the other day. Or maybe I'm just tired.

Carol