Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-16-21, 11:33 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Yesterday: 30 min treadmill walk, Jessica Smith's Toning Walk (with bands)

I actually did an official workout yesterday and it felt really good. I've been doing lots of movement, but nothing that really requires a shower afterwards, if that makes sense. Lots of movement is good, but my body needs more workouts, more often.

Donna, I agree about Jessica! I'm excited about her new workouts but not enough to get upset about it. Sometimes I wonder if people just don't have enough productive things to do or think about... wait, did I just type that??

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 03:00 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

That program looks great - I put it on my Amazon wish list. Is the instructor the lady who has the You Tube channel Workout Hotel?

https://www.youtube.com/user/Workouthotel

I may try some of her workouts.

Donna
Yes, this is the same lady.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 05:16 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

I have continued my resting since the weekend. Every time I try to get consistent, it inevitably catches up to me and I'm left with overwhelming fatigue. I did try some longer workouts here and there, and that combined with all the shoveling may be the reason. I'm seeing my Lyme doctor tomorrow so hopefully he can help, and then back to 10 minute workouts for me when I'm ready! Ugh

Carol, that looks like a well rounded program! Stay safe and warm! We have been having ice storms here, and very cold temps as well, with another potential storm on Thurs & Fri.

Donna, you're right that Jessica is so generous! Has she ever shared any pictures of her baby? I'm sure she's adorable.

Brenda, good for you!

Waves Linda, Dana & Cheri!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 08:27 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Chris Freytag 2-Week Turn Around Cardio - 30min. I first bought this one as well as its companion Strength DVD when they first came out several years ago. At that time I felt that they were just too easy for me and I gifted Cardio to someone here. I still have the Strength DVD. Then a week or so ago I found Cardio on Thriftbooks.com and reacquired it. Of course, 10 years later, the easier workouts are perfect for me. I never realized that one of the background exercisers on Cardio DVD is Jessica Smith.

Carol, please let us know what you think of the Define & Align set with Karen Vizueta when you get it. I'm definitely interested in these. I used to subscribe to Workout Hotel few years ago and I really liked Karen's workouts.

I've been slacking off lately because I've been busy dealing with "stuff" but hopefully I'm back on track now. Gotta run to the office today. Hope everyone has a good day.

Waves to Donna, Christine, Linda, Brenda and Cheri.
Old 02-17-21, 08:49 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! Yesterday's workouts were

Barre3 - Rejuvenate - 30 minutes;
Jessica Smith - 6 Mile Mix - Warmup, Mile 1, Cooldown, Bonus Stretch - 31 minutes;
Kristin McGee - Pilates for Beginners: Core Connection - 10 minutes

Streaming was not working for us yesterday - everything kept freezing up, so I turned to the Barre3 workout, which I had downloaded from YouTube years ago, and DVDs. I still enjoy this type of Barre3 workout - it was not overly cardio - i.e., no endless sumo squats - and there wasn't much if any Portlandia talk - Barre3's version of new age gibberish.

Our high yesterday was 10 and we had rolling blackouts. I got lucky and managed to get my workouts in around the blackouts. All the schools in the area were closed because of the blackout possibilities and remain closed today as they indicated we could have more blackouts today. To add to the misery, we had 6 or 7 more inches of snow last night when we were only supposed to have 1 to 3 inches. We are so tired of the cold and snow, and my dogs have cabin fever. So do I. On the other hand, they are predicting a high of 62 next Tuesday, so there's hope in sight, if we can just get through this week.

Dana - I also had and reacquired that set from Prevention, for the same reasons. It's fun to see the young - really young - Jessica Smith as a backup exerciser. I'll let you know about the Define & Align set. It's supposed to get here tomorrow, but I don't expect it will. We are still waiting on things that were supposed to be delivered last Friday.

Christine - No shoveling! That's really hard work, no wonder your exhaustion is back.

Brenda - Good job! More love for Jessica. Me too - her new stuff will get here when it gets here.

Donna - that is probably my favorite Jessica workout. It is tough, but at least the push ups are over with early on in the workout.

Stay warm, folks!

Carol
Old 02-17-21, 08:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Cardio Mat Fusion 2 (You Tube) - it is Day 2 of the Four Weeks of Fusion Rotation - You Tube option. So far so good, made it to day #2! I enjoyed this one, a level up from Ellen's fusion workouts, in that I did get my HR up higher, it was a bit more dynamic/fast paced, but not impossible to keep up.

Blessful Body - Calming Spine Flow - this was a nice yoga-ish/Pilates-ish gentle toning/stretching routine. I have a mixed relationship with this site and instructor. I like the routines for the most part, they are a bit more on the gentle side, but they are not something I think I would reach for often, but when I don't have a membership/access to them, I tend to miss them. I may subscribe for a month, right now I have a $1 deal for 21 days. As for the instructor, I like her, but she does have a quality to her instruction that is reminiscent of a pre-school or kindergarten teacher. Anyway, I enjoyed the routine i did today.

Yesterday for my break I did Sarha Esmonde White's Leg Sculptor workout from the Essentrics toning DVD that came out several years ago.

Dana - I know, i was surprised when I saw Jessica in that routine!

Carol - I hope that you have power and that all is well where you are in Texas!

Christine - hang in there, hopefully you can build back up to doing some short workouts again soon.

Nice Work, Brenda! In my mission to overcome the negativity, I'm going to attempt to do the You Tube version of Four Weeks of Fusion. I figure I can show my Jessica appreciation through watching her vids, I don't totally understand how You Tube compensation works, but I'm guessing watching the videos helps!

Hope everyone has a good day - snow and ice for tomorrow...then cold temps. This has been a LONG month.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 05:43 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
As for the instructor, I like her, but she does have a quality to her instruction that is reminiscent of a pre-school or kindergarten teacher.

Dana - I know, i was surprised when I saw Jessica in that routine!
Donna, the way you described the instructor in Blessful Body is exactly how I feel about Pahla B, but then, wasn't Pahla a kindergarten teacher? I like Pahla but I'm not 5 years old and prefer to be talked to in a more adult way lol!

Jessica looks so young in that DVD! It took me a while to realize that what makes her look even younger is that she has a lot less makeup on than she has in her later DVDs.

Christine, I hope you feel better soon. Rest when you need it and you'll build build up your stamina when you feel up to it.

Carol, all of a sudden I'm obsessed with getting Define & Align set and I'll be eagerly awaiting your opinion of it. Sigh, there is no end to this vidiocy of mine. But there are much worse habits that I could have and don't, so I'm OK with my addiction to fitness and buying new workouts.

Oliver is doing great! He is very happy and cheerful and is very affectionate with both of us. We just love him!
Old 02-17-21, 09:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Lindsay Brin - Basic Hiit A - 13 minutes & Core Principal - 9 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Arm Workout with Resistance Band - 18 minutes;
Cathe - Perfect 30 Extended Stretch - 8 minutes

Lindsay's Basic Hiit workout wasn't too bad and neither was the Core workout. Jessica's resistance band workout has already made me sore!

No blackouts at my house today! And the sun came out and we got into the 20s - progress. But all of the school districts have just punted for the week and cancelled classes through Friday - the utility companies were begging them to do that and they agreed.

Dana - Amazon initially said I would be receiving that set tomorrow, but I would be really, really surprised if I did. We had a couple of things shipped from Amazon last week and they have just disappeared into the black hole of Calcutta - no tracking updates, nothing. I will report on it when I get it.

Donna - Nice job Donna! Cardio Mat Fusion 2 is one of those workouts that I always think will never end. It generally whips my butt.

Waves ~

Carol
Old 02-18-21, 09:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did one of Jessica's 1 Mile Walk & Talks in the afternoon - it was about comparing yourself to others (basically, don't!).

Today was:

Jessica - Stride & Strength II - this is one of her older You Tube workouts so the production value was not great, it was a little dark and grainy. But, not a bad workout - walking w/ toning using a resistance band.

Then, I did a medley of Jessica Valent:

- 10 Min Pilates for Abs
- 10 Min Pilates for Arms
- 10 Min Pilates for Legs

I have come to the conclusion that I will not renew Blessful Body once my trial period ends, I like it well enough, but not enough to justify $20 per month. Trifecta Pilates is starting a new challenge on Monday and she may open up her membership again. I had a membership with her last year, but may consider re-subscribing for a bit - I always said I think working w/ her would help me improve my Pilates! Robin Long/The Balanced Life is also having a challenge starting March 1st and i bet she opens up her membership after that too. The nice thing w/ Robin is you can download and keep her workouts. Beth/Trifecta has quite a bit available on You Tube.

Dana - it is funny, i don't find Pahla to be pre-school teacher-ish just waayyy perky and enthusiastic. More like Cassey Ho. I really do like Pahla though and I am surprised at how much I do like her and how I am able to tolerate her perkiness/enthusiasm so much. I find it wearing with other instructors, but not her for some reason! Glad Oliver is doing so well.

Carol - so glad you were blackout free. Cardio Mat Fusion does run about 10 min too long - it is a sneaky workout.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 06:35 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Lindsay Brin - Basic Barre - 26 minutes

I liked this Barre style workout - it did hit the back body pretty strongly and I'm sure I will be sore tomorrow. Almost no work in this one up on the toes, which made me very happy.

I may do more later tonight, or just call it good. I went into work today for a while - re-enrollment starts next week and my assistant will be out the entire week, so I know I will be busy.

Donna - Nice job with your workouts. I had been thinking about an ab workout with JV, but Lindsay added abs at the end of the barre workout and I thought that was plenty for the moment.

Waves to all. It was colder & cloudy today, which was a little depressing. So ready for sunshine and warmer temperatures.

Carol