Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-13, 10:10 AM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

I will be releasing my new functional workout soon.

It is called "Find the Folding Step Ladder." I can honestly say I do this workout three to four times a week. While there is some dread factor, I really have no choice but to perform it so it works for me!

There is only one piece of equipment involved: a folding step ladder that can be tucked into any out-of-the-way spot and instantly forgotten.

The workout includes stair climbing, which works your glutes and hamstrings; pushups, which works your pecs, triceps, delts, serratus anterior (wings) and coracobrachialis (I will let you Google that one); and plank work for core strength, abs and back muscles.

You will also exercise your four-letter word vocabulary, your patience, and your self-loathing for hiding it from yourself once again.

The good news is you plan the workout that will work best for you and your home. Have no closet space, slide it under a bed or couch if you want to work on your planks and pushups. If you have an attic AND a basement, change up where you put it just to add more stairs to your day. Always go to the one you think it is in first, that will ensure double the steps because you will be invariably wrong.

But the really fun part of this game is when you leave it right out in the open. That will be the LAST place you look and you will get double your steps, double your frustration, all for one low price.

Infomercials will be filmed just as soon as I can find the @@#$^& thing!

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frustration, functional workouts, i should just workout, vf humor