Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-15-21, 12:54 PM  
Vantreesta

Wed 7/14 131 minutes
16 minutes (from J. Smith Walk On 15-Minute Fast Fat Blasts -Fast Fat Burn) 1st time
15 minutes (from C. Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, YT)
14 minutes (from 1.257 mi for Run With Hal app 15k Base Training Plan day 66, treadmill)
9 minutes (from H. Clare Run Better With Yoga -Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
7 minutes (from L. Brooks Summer Swing Challenge day 7) finally finished!
10 minutes (from PunchLab wk1 wo1 Jab & Straight) third time's a charm? program restarted again
20 minutes (from Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
40 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.64 mi)

I decided I'm just taking this whole month off from tracking and setting goals. Will get back to it in August.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 01:01 PM  
Leonana

I'm still doing Lift and Shift, for four days a week. Two of the longer strength workouts, then the two shorter recovery workouts the day after. On Fridays I do a shorter strength workout, Saturdays a cardio, and Sunday yoga/stretch. At least that's the plan!

I do get hungrier with Lift and Shift. I'm trying to figure out how to up my eating for the program, but still lose weight. I probably need to cut out some chocolate, lol.

Vannie, that looks like a great list of workouts. Taking a break from tracking and goal setting sounds like a good idea, and you can come back fresh in August.

Katie, here is the link for Lift and Shift. There is a video clip at the bottom. Unfortunately, it is the video for how to navigate the website, and not the promotional clip. I guess there is no promotional clip.

https://www.liftandshift.us/

This lady did a video on the workout, and you can see her do the moves. Obviously, not the same as Jessica! But you can hear the video and see the moves.

https://youtu.be/uCfXEt3Ehy4
Old 07-17-21, 08:58 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Nice set of workouts Vannie. I'm checking out Run Better with Yoga on youtube. Even though I'm not a runner, it seems a lot of the info I can relate to. The clips on her channel are not super long either.

Sherry, I did check out the link and found another one as well. They look like really good moves.

This has sure been a different summer for us. Very busy, unusually dry and hot, with lots of loose ends. We still don't have the AC working. It's been out since June 8th and we are facing another excessive heat warning for the next 5 days....over 100 easily. We haven't heard back yet from the last guy we talked too but our phone has been out of service for the last 6 days. Just got it back working yesterday...it's a phone co. old equipment issue. So far so good. We just got cell service to our area recently so I'm working on figuring out the best cell phone/plan to buy for a back up. I'm still getting walks in early and doing some exercises and mixing up inside work with outside work. The chickens are getting ice water a couple times a day plus frozen watermelon rinds and other frozen treats. And the horses in our corrals I'm hosing down some but they still have shaded areas. Our other horses have lots of shade in their pastures. Scout just came back from the vet. He got neutered and a small hernia fixed, microchipped. He hasn't missed a beat and is ready to go. We are trying to convince him otherwise for a day or two. We've been warned that if he messes with his stiches for the hernia he'll have to wear the "cone of shame". lol So we are trying to watch him closely. So stay cool everyone! I know all your areas are hot too.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 04:54 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday I did a you tube Fitness With PJ strength workout. Today was a stretch from Jessica Smith’s Gentle Yoga dvd.

Katie, I’m sorry to hear about the ac and the heat wave. We actually cooled down quite a bit, down to high 90’s-100. We had some clouds and rain, and more rain next week probably.
Old 07-17-21, 08:08 PM  
MathTeacher

Sherry, I am glad you have had cooler temperatures lately. We have gotten some rain too. Of course, it is summer in Arkansas, so we change the name to Arkansauna.

Katie, I hate to hear about your AC. We had a new unit put in a few months ago. NOT CHEAP! I hope you get yours fixed soon. It has been a brutal summer in your part of the country.

I have been doing Jessica Valant Hips every day. I set a goal to do it every day this month. Somedays I think it is helping and other days...................
I did Cathe's newest upper body. I like it.

Hugs Vannie!
Old 07-23-21, 11:03 AM  
Vantreesta

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231432

August thread is up!

I have been feeling so hot or cold lately. Hoping August brings some leveling out and grounding for me. Started a new Sadhana yesterday as I have fallen out of the yoga and gratitude habit and have been trying to fit in too many workouts making me feel overwhelmed. I also feel all over the place and lost from not tracking stuff this month. I expected that to happen but I just needed a break from it anyway.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-23-21, 11:15 PM  
Leonana

I’m still doing Jessica Smith’s Lift and Shift. I’m enjoying it. I am shortening the workouts though, from over 50 minutes to 30-40. Maybe one day I’ll have the stamina for it!

I’m visiting family up north for the weekend. It’s nice seeing my brother again.

MT, we are still getting rain! It was only 81 for a high today. Amazing for July. But 80% humidity though with the rain. It still feels cool to us though! Arkansauna, too funny. We put in an ac a year ago. I’ve heard prices are even higher this year.

Vannie, I hope adding in the yoga centers you and you feel more grounded.
Old 07-26-21, 09:40 AM  
Catahoula Cate

I quit tracking the last half of the month too. We are still just too busy with drought, AC issues, phone issues, etc. The good news is that it is at least cooling down at night a little more. Tomorrow will probably be our hottest day with a high predicted at 108. My weight has maintained and I may have lost a little which inspires me. I plan on adding some upper body strength for August. I feel like that is needed. Scout has recovered well from his neutering and a small hernia repair so he and Belle can tear it up again in the evenings after it's cooled down.

Vannie, I can't remember if I've shared this before but I have been doing a daily gratitude list of 5 things every day I'm grateful for. I usually just write down one word for each in my daily desk notebook and that's it. Didn't your mom have a jar where she wrote down something of gratitude on a piece of paper daily and put it in a jar and the end of the year, she would go through them? What a great way to do that as well.

Sherry, your rain sounds divine! I would shorten those workouts too. 50 minutes is a long time. Along with not having the stamina, I tend to get distracted by other things I need to do if a workout goes on too long.

MT, I'll have to check out Cathe's newest upper body. I haven't looked at her workouts in quite some time.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 11:36 AM  
Vantreesta

Mon 7/26
6 minutes (from SanFran Fitness rebounding 5 min Mini Moves Series Day 8 Fun Cardio Moves, YT) 1st time
10 minutes (from E. Welsh The Firm The Wave Ride the Wave) 1st time
22 minutes (from Crossrope Swing Into Summer day 12)
10 minutes (from L. Carvalho Brazil Butt Lift Maximum Results Abs Rapido) 1st time
14 minutes (from Kassandra Evening Yoga Movement day 11 Evening Yoga Stretches Full Body Flexibility, YT) 1st time
33 minutes (from 3.03 mi for Run With Hal app 15k Base Training Plan day 78)
29 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice from memory + extra)

I am so over all this heat and sunshine. I've done well keeping with the running this summer despite it but we haven't been walking much bc Cyric hates the heat even more than I do and it's not like there's a good way to know if he is really too hot or just doesn't wanna. But my mental health needs longer walks and nicer weather and he has been pretty blah and lethargic.

I didn't track goals and habits for this month and have started feeling lost so I'm ready to get back at it next month. I think I did need the little break from it but ready to move on. I've been wasting too much time online and still not even posting! I can't seem to get my head around actually replying to posts.

Last night's 3 mile run was rough. It was still 79 degrees at 8:30 and humidity was 70% so real feel was 82 and there wasn't much breeze. I apparently overstretched my hamstrings in triangle pose earlier in the day (even though I did use a block) so btwn that and the longer run I'm kind of hurting today, plus I don't think I did rehab stuff at all last week. Gotta get back on that today.

Old 07-27-21, 01:39 PM  
Leonana

I did Lift and Shift Upper Body today. Loved it. I'm really warming up to this system, after being lukewarm at first.

Katie, I wish we could send you some rain! We certainly needed it. It's sunny today, but highs in the 90's and low 100's this week. That's cool for us. I'm not sure what happened to July, but I'm not complaining!

Vannie, I hope you get some cooler and dry weather soon. I have to admit, I was not a fan of the humidity the past week.