Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-14, 08:05 PM  
daisyduke

I love results threads...

What program has given you the best results? There have been many new ones out so I thought an updated thread would be nice. Thank you!
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-14, 08:17 PM  
daisyduke

I'll go first... for me... tracy anderson. I have no idea how or why but she works for me.
Old 04-13-14, 08:21 PM  
pollytc

What did you follow for Tracy Anderson and what were your results?
Old 04-13-14, 08:27 PM  
Tugger31

I agree, I love reading results threads, but I think they need to be a bit more detailed. For instance, what results were you looking for and also where are you in your fitness level/journey. Taking nothing away from someone who may either be new to exercise or someone who possibly may even have a significant amount of weight to lose, but generally speaking, many may see quicker, more dramatic results if they are new to exercise/ have a significant amount of weight to lose, then say someone who may down "to the last 5 lbs" where results may be slower to come by. (No offense meant by anything I just stated!)
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-14, 08:32 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
I'll go first... for me... tracy anderson. I have no idea how or why but she works for me.
Me, too. I have dropped 12.5 pounds since January, 18.5 pounds since last year. I've been doing TA for 3 years, but got bored, so I would quit. I'm now doing whichever Abcentric I feel like, and I am still seeing a lot of success. I do random cardio - Zumba, TA Trampoline, Yin's trampoline, Cathe's step. UFC Fit, P90X3... I will also sometimes do Yin because I love her music.

To add detail:

I've been working out for 20 years. I am a former endurance junkie (100 mile bike rides, half marathons, climbing 14,000 mountains...) and Cathe, Tony Horton, and Shaun T fan. I was steadily gaining weight and as I build muscle easily, looking very muscular. I wanted to get my appetite under control and lose weight. I'm a good 30 pounds over where I would like to be. I heard about TA, got her book about 3 years ago, and lost a little weight, got Omni Meta and did not like it. I've done it on and off. Then I switched to Glute, and that did nothing for me. So, the year, I got Abscentric, which is the meta I was recommended by the calculator. One of the groups I'm in started a TA Challenge - 30 days straight - it ends tomorrow. It clicked, and now I'm dropping weight. The more I stick to her recommendations, the faster I drop. I'm eating. Less, yes, but even when my sister was here and I was the proverbial chowhound, I stayed the same and did not gain. Within two days, I was lower. Like Daisy, I have no idea how or why, but TA works for me.
Old 04-13-14, 08:34 PM  
daisyduke

Well I always lifted really heavy and did loads of cardio... doubles with insanity and p90x or sts... then I tried Tracy Andersons meta and thought it was a joke. She literally changed my shape. My legs didn't even look like they were mine. Why did I stray?
Old 04-13-14, 08:38 PM  
Tugger31

I've been doing STS and heavy lifting as well. Though I love being strong, I'm not liking my shape. I've previewed TA and just can't stomach her. What else might be comparable? I've had TA in my "cart" multiple times and just can't make the purchase.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-14, 08:45 PM  
andtckrtoo

Yin the Zone is a lot like TA. But she does not talk at all.
Old 04-13-14, 09:18 PM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

Y'all are tempting me to try Meta. I have Mat and Precision Toning, and I've been wanting to try Meta, but I'm scared I'll get too bored. I need some magic, though! I'm still trying to figure out what gives me results, and I've been at this for 20+ years!
Old 04-14-14, 02:27 AM  
pollytc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily B View Post
Y'all are tempting me to try Meta. I have Mat and Precision Toning, and I've been wanting to try Meta, but I'm scared I'll get too bored. I need some magic, though! I'm still trying to figure out what gives me results, and I've been at this for 20+ years!
Since Mat, Pilates, yoga and barre are new to me, I've acquired quite a bit of these type of workouts and equipment and hope to start soon. I've had Tracy Mat for awhile but have never touched it, and recently acquired Precision Toning? I was thinking about starting with these this week. Is there a rest on her website I should be taking?

Tags
programs, results, weight loss