Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-12, 07:23 PM  
swankyswimmer

I'm in a life transition right now and have had a tough time achieving consistency in any workout regimen, but I do like systems and hope to use them as designed eventually, but for now I've really only done parts.

Winners
APY 60: I think I might be alone, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE APY60! I think Kurt is great and I like how each level is a little bit tougher than the last. I don't use it as designed, but I'm always in the mood for one of these workouts. Definitely a winner!

Cathe LIS: I like a lot of the workouts in this set, although I use them more as one-offs than as a set

Want to Try
Ultimate Yogi - maybe once I'm more consistent with my yoga...or if the Short and Sweet comes out, I would definitely be up for that version!

Horizontal Conditioning: I'm a little intimidated!

XTrain: I will be preordering!

Losers
Slim Series: Just not a big fan...I'll do one every few months for variety, but they're a bit repetitive for me

Avoided
Insanity: I live in a condo and can't do plyo moves

P90X: Not ready for the daily commitment yet
swankyswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 07:34 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I am really good at not purchasing systems...although recently I bought PowerFit and PowerFit Harmony.

I haven't used them as much as I thought, BUT I don't regret buying them. My problem is my consistency lately, not the workouts themselves. I probably only needed PowerFit but found both sets cheap. As I age I am wanting more gentle workouts to add to my collection and these fit the bill.

Did I need both systems? Probably not but I see myself using them quite a bit, I think they will be great for travel. Not that I travel much but anyway...plus they can be modified up and I really like the fact that they are 20 minutes!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 09:50 PM  
IrishOT

I must admit I am a systems junkie

My Favorites have been:

Michelle D- Peak Fit, I really wish she would do another Peak Fit set along the lines of her "more" workouts to take it up a notch

JNL Fusion= great 30 minute workouts that make you sweat! I love the 30 second cardio/weight intervals. I would also love to see another set from her.

TurboFire= Did 2 rotations of this and one TF/CLX rotation. So much fun for me!

Weider XFactor= great for body weight

CLX= Really liked this one and have done at least 3 or 4 rotations

S90= Loved this rotation and would love to see S902 with a less frantic pace. I liked the workouts so much, I didn't mind having to pause to catch up with them.

Ones that I liked but could have probably lived without:

RushFit= Good workouts, but I got bored with them by the end. Also didn't like the Fight Conditioning workout at all and subbed my own kickboxing like TF or TurboKick.

P90X= good rotation and did a few rounds, but got burnt out on it.

Insanity= I liked the workouts, but have never considered another rotation. I need more weight work. I always think I will add them in to other things, but have yet to do it.

Cathe's LIS and STS= LIS had some I liked but never did a true roatation and I realized I don't really like work with gliding discs.
STS= too much equipment even though I did get some nice muslce from it. The workouts also seemed so long.

Ones that were Okay and I Could definately have lived without:

RevAbs= Too repetitive.

BBL= Only really liked high and tight. Did one full rotation, but didn't have the intensity I wanted.

PACE Express= Have a hard time getting my HR up with these, so I am not sure how effective they are for me, but I use them as finishers.

Firm Express= Like these as finishers, but never did a full rotation and probably won't ever do a full rotation. I just pull them out on occasion when have an extra 20 min at the end of my scheduled workout.

Herbalife 24= to beginnerish for me. Was really hoping this would be like S90

Ones I traded for and have yet to try:

JMBR- Have a feeling this will not be intense enough for me...maybe the last two phases

Cardio Karate= Have a feeling I won't really like it

Tapout= I think I may like this one, but just haven't had a chance to try it yet.

DeltaFit= purchased this not traded for, but hoping to like it once I get a chance to do a rotation.

Currently doing:

Met-Rx 180- really liking the weight work so far, but will probably burn out using the same cardio workouts for the whole roatation, so I will eventually sub something else on those days.

TA Abcentric= Currently in continuity 1.2. I like how it has made my core stronger but don't love it and unless I can trade for 1.3 and beyone or purchase used, I probably won't continue after I finish 1.2

Never Interested in:

APY60

UY

DDP Yoga

Can you sense that I don't think I could ever do a yoga rotation?

TaiCheng

Would like to some day acquire:

LesMills Body Pump

HC (if these count as a set)

Body Beast

Aslyum

I think that is all for now....Did I mention I am a systems junkie?
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 11:08 PM  
RedPanda

I've been reading this thread with interest.

While I've bought or traded for individual disks from quite a few systems over the years, I didn't buy an entire system until 2011 (RKS). While I never follow the rotation which comes with a system, instead working the DVDs into my own rotation/way of doing things, there's something comforting about the familiarity of following a system, however loosely. I look forward to my time with Tony and "the kids" - it's like working out with friends in my own gym.
Old 08-07-12, 11:52 PM  
ADoll

IrishOT-I noticed that I seem to like the same kind of workouts that you do.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 10:50 PM  
IrishOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoll View Post
IrishOT-I noticed that I seem to like the same kind of workouts that you do.
I just went back and looked at your list and we definately do seem to have similar workout tastes
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 12:31 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Beachbody
Body Beast---current rotation, and liking it so far!
CLX---I enjoy these and Chalene is motivating!
Fast 10---Michael George.
Les Mills Bodypump---will order when I can get without barbell
P90X
Power Half Hour
Project You
Slim in 6---most used BB set
Slim Series---most used BB set
Turbo Jam---great music!
Yoga Booty Ballet---not for me.

Cathe I have it all, and love Cathe!
4 Day Split
CTX
Hardcores
LIS
STS
XTrain (preorderd and really looking forward to this!)

Classical Stretch---I use the TV episodes all the time!

Firm
Body Sculpting System
TransFIRMer set

Gilad
Lord of the Abs
QuickFit

Kelly Coffey-Meyer
30 Minutes to Fitness---not really a system, but can be used in rotation

Kettlebell
Kettlenetics---uh, no.
Skogg---Great instruction by Michael
RKS---Great variety, short workouts

Margaret Richard
Body Electric TV episodes---used these quite a bit also, rotating the various shows!

Pilates
Winsor
Supreme Pilates

Retail
Barry's Bootcamp---have never even tried.
Supreme 90---didn't care for. Moved too quickly.

Yoga
Blissology
Ultimate Yogi---fantastic, though takes commitment

Zumba
Exhilarate---enjoy live classes better, but liked when I first got it. Good music!

Other
P57---didn't like the instructor who never shuts up.
Stephanie's PowerFit---liked using the stretch bands
Stephanie's PowerFit Harmony
Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis Hip-centric---prefer Mat and Post-Pregnancy. Awesome music in Mat, especially!
Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis Glute-centric

Crazy long list, I know. Might have been easier to list the systems/sets that I didn't have.

Pam

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge

Last edited by Pam61; 08-10-12 at 12:42 AM. Reason: typo
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 09:07 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Oh, I forgot, I bought "The Grid" foam roller at IDEA and some "SMRT Core" DVDs to go with it. I really liked the instructor, Cassidy Phillips, and his classes were very informative.

The Grid is harder than a regular roller and I wouldn't use it all the time.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 10:26 AM  
PhyllisG

I love Les Mills Pump and Tracy's Meta series. I have Omni and Hip and will be trading with a friend for Ab.
I don't know if this is considered a system but I also like all of Dove's workouts.

I think the only system I ever got and didn't like was CLX.

I also did STS 2X but then sold it. That was enough.

For the above poster. Pump is available without the barbell from BB only I believe--not from a coach.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 01:45 PM  
ramonam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Pump is available without the barbell from BB only I believe--not from a coach.
Mary confirmed this for me just the other day. Since then, I've been trying to decide whether to deal with BB or wait for them to let the coaches sell the DVDs only.
ramonam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
met-rx, met-rx 180, pilates band, systems