Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-07-12, 08:18 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

In the last year, I haven't purchased many systems but I have considered a lot.

Winners

Tapout- high fun factor, great workouts.

Horizontal Conditioning- since I have the four volumes plus Bootcamp, I am using these the same as I would a system. They are tough and challenge me in different ways. I actually look forward to doing them......

Avoided

Ultimate Yoga - may still get these if I like the two that I preordered from amazon.

JM Body Rev. - have completely lost interest. I have all of her other DVDs and never reach for them.

Body Beast- I love CLX so much for heavy lifting that nothing else compares.......

JNL - avoided the threads.

P90X2- looked too hard.

Possibilities that may make it to my Christmas list

Les Mills Body Pump - now that I can buy it without the equipment.

Cathe Preorder - love Cathe and the price is too good to pass up.

Rushfit - I'm not sure how I avoided this. I think I just missed the threads but I think I may love it.

Addiction - I have a heavy bag that I never use. These sound perfect.

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 08:20 AM  
dela

WINNERS
Body Pump with the cardio add ons - Love the instructors, music and format. I would not do this as a rotation as I feel it's too much of the same thing to only do this, but these are my favorite low weight high rep workouts by far.

Body Beast - Doing this rotation now, starting week 7. I do very few sets as official rotations, but this one really needs to be done as a rotation. I still love it and still look forwarding to doing these every day. I love the heavy lifting, and there is nothing else like it on the market. I like the instructor Sagi, the same little funny comments still make me laugh. I have seen better muscle definition, bigger muscles, and am just overall tighter from this.

Tapout - Although my love affair may be coming to an end for now from a little burnout, I was hooked on this for months, I did not do it as a rotation officially, but for about a month I followed the calendar pretty closely while doing workouts at my gym, then just did 2-3 a week with other workouts. I had so much fun and felt so strong doing these. It was fun noticing my progress on being able to do so many pushups, and I could actually feel my core get harder from this.

Kettlebell Kickboxing - Unbelievable workouts. She does talk too much, but it's tolerable, you can barely hear the music, I turn it off and use my own. I love the kettlebell moves, some really unique stuff, mixed in with the cardio bursts. Each move being only a minute, and the 35 minutes workout length just makes this fun, time flies, but I get a great sweaty workout that's fun in a short amount of time.

Just Bought
DeltaFit - I like metabolic style workouts and find my body responds well to them, with the discount this was a great deal.

On the fence
RKS - I never got into this the way others did, but there are definitely good workouts in here, a couple I really did like as stand alone workouts. Still looking one day to try this out again and work it in somehow with other workouts. I also bought this while taking a live kettle class, and injured myself at the class, so it turned me off bells for a while.

Considered, but glad I did not purchase:
Cardio Karate - Glad I waited for the clips, they do not look appealing at all to me.

Horizontal Conditioning - This one, I feel like I must be missing something with all the love, but I can't see me enjoying these at all.

Jillian Body Revolution - I know I don't click with her, but the draw of the infomercial and reviews almost wore me down, but I held strong and did not buy.

Regret
Cathe LIS - It pains me to say this, I do love Cathe, but this set caused my first longer term injury that sidelined me from doing workouts (other than stretching and walking) at all.

Still looking at
JNL - The workouts I am sure are very good, but there is something about her or the workouts when I watch the clips that keep holding me back. I don't need it right now anyway, especially with DeltaFit coming, but I may revisit this some day.

Pre-ordered
Cathe Xtrain - I bought this for the weight work, I am rarely disappointed in her weight work, and hopefully some of the cardio works for me too, especially the boxing one.

Can't wait for!
Les Mills Body Combat!!!!

Last edited by dela; 08-07-12 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Cardio Karate, not Cardio Kickboxing
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 08:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Tai Cheng is the only system I've purchased in a long, L-O-N-G time. I returned it before making it to Phase 2. I had such high hopes for it, and was actually making some physical improvements with it, but Tai Cheng turned out to be irritatingly repetitive and when some challenges were finally added they were so darn confusing, that one day when I began screaming at the screen, the disc was popped it out and Mary emailed that it was coming back!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 08:36 AM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
WINNERS
Can't wait for!
Les Mills Body Combat!!!!
Me too! I am already saving my pennies.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 08:43 AM  
isebelleg44

Coming back to add more systems;

Loved:

CLX - Did a a rotation in 2009 and got great results, but I haven't touched the workouts since.

P90X- My all time greatest system purchase and the mother of all systems! I bought it when it first came out and definitely got my money's worth. It's one of the reasons I was so disappointed in P90X2, although I do like the phase one workouts in P90X2.

STS - Did a rotation last Spring and got great result

Liked:

Insanity- Never did a formal rotation, but like the workouts and still sprinkle them in here and there because they help increase my cardio capacity.

RKS- (not really old, but feel like I've had it forever) Love Owen and the production, but some workouts are a little bit of overkill, 30 minutes of snatches! Glad I purchased.

P90X+ - Liked the workouts, but never really reached for them like P90X

Disappointments:

Brazil Butt Lift - Loved High & Tight & liked the Sculpting workout, but it wasn't worth keeping, so I sold it.

Skogg - Found it boring and traded it.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Old 08-07-12, 08:45 AM  
Kyra

Haven't purchased many, as it happens.

P90X - Enjoyed very much
P90X+ - Liked a couple of the workouts

Slim series - Would not recommend to anyone who doesn't enjoy being bored to death
CLX - Have it, have not been inspired to even try it! Have only held on to it because the workouts are short, and you never know, maybe some day...

Blissology - Much as I like Eoin, I made it a week with this and just wasn't super inspired.

I think that's it for me and systems. I've ordered and cancelled orders for a couple of Cathes, including STS. Thought hard about Insanity, had the opportunity to see some of the workouts live and done, and wasn't super impressed. Might get Skogg one of these days.

I've enjoyed quite a few book programs; they also hold the advantage of being considerably cheaper than most single DVDs, much less DVD systems, so if you buy and hate, you don't lose much.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 08:50 AM  
metalbarbie

Winners:
Peak10/PeakFit System (Michelle Dozois) - this set is platinum, silver and gold! If I was on a deserted island I would just need this set and nothing else.

Brazil Butt Lift - love it! No dread factor.

Loser:
Firm Express - uh, I'm a major firm fan but this set is all over the place. Disorganized.

Just ok:
Slim Series (Debbie Sierber) - the system is wonderful but the videos are just too long and I can't do them as much as I'd like. She needs to make these videos shorter. Love the set though.
metalbarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 08:51 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
Winners

KettleBell Conditioining
Never seen this one before...who's the instructor?

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 08:53 AM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
Never seen this one before...who's the instructor?
Oops meant meant KettleBell Kickboxing. Guess it was a little late when I started this thread! I went back and edited my post.

Old 08-07-12, 08:54 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

WINNERS

Supreme 90-Love the exercises and it was cheap! I did a full rotation last fall and loved it.

Jillian's Body Revolution-doesn't hurt that I love Jillian. These are great.

Firm Express-love it!

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme (also the recovery workouts)-Love it!

Turbo Jam-Love it!

Barry's Bootcamp (with oblong ball)-love it!

Project You-use the yoga workout all the time!

KickButts/Fitprimes/Firms of all from BHH-BSS-Pinks-use them all and really enjoy them.

Kettlebell Kickboxing-love these!

Previewed but haven't done yet (or only done one or two workouts)

-RKS-have done W1 several times (the swing workout) and love it, but other things seem to keep getting in the way of me really committing my time to this system

-Weider X Factor-haven't tried yet

-PeakFit-have done three of the workouts and really enjoy them, and need to do a real rotation!

-DeltaFit-just started a rotation this week. P1W1 was interesting but seemed to be unbalanced so I hope the other workouts balance it out nicely.

-JNL Fusion-only done one so far and would like to do a full rotation after I get done with DeltaFit

-Turbo Fire-think I'm nearly ready for this as TJ doesn't have as much challenge as it used to for me.

-APY60. Only did the first week but couldn't handle that much yoga...I would like to try again though, at some point.

-Barry's Bootcamp (old one)-looks great on preview. I bought this impulsively because it was super cheap on eBay and need to get around to it!

LOSERS

Rip 60-the suspension trainer is great (high quality) but the workouts, blech. I bought one of Tracy Stahle's bootcamp ones to try to get more use out of the trainer.

Rev Abs with Brett whoever from Beachbody-yuck. Traded it away ASAP.

Urban Rebounding Xtreme-I think these could have been great (and maybe they are) but I suffered a major ankle injury using my rebounder and just don't see myself going back to them. I had done one or two pre-injury and really enjoyed them.

CLX-I did a full rotation a couple of years ago but all it did was make me bulk up and didn't do anything for fat loss. But I do like the SelectTech weights which I bought for this system, and have used those over and over.

STS-This was actually a gift, would not have gotten it for myself. It was just so repetitive and long! I enjoy some Cathe but not this much.

BBL-Fun...but it just didn't do it for me.

Wish List

Tapout XT-It just looks like a lot of fun, and I think I would be OK with the instructor...just waiting it to drop in price.

P90X-had it a very long time ago and traded it away, but I'm more advanced now and would probably really enjoy it.

Skogg-loving kettlebells...

Cardio Karate-maybe? Looks annoyingly difficult to follow, and I don't have a pullup bar. Probably answered my own question right there...

No Interest In

MET Rx 180

Body Beast

P90X2-Polite interest in but doubt I will cave

Rushfit-thought I would LOVE it but when I tried Strength & Endurance, really didn't care for it.

Anything barre-TA, etc.

Ultimate Yogi-Polite interest in, but really don't do nearly that much yoga.

Les Mill Body Pump-another one that I'm mildly interested in but not nearly enough to cave.

Herbalife 24 or whatever. Tom Holland is great but this didn't look as challenging as S90. I would love to see an S902...

Tags
met-rx, met-rx 180, pilates band, systems