Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-12, 10:35 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee View Post
I never gave Blissology a fair chance, and I could be wrong, but I don't recall them as clearly complementing each other. They seemed like really nice yoga...but not a system.
I think you're wrong; Blissology is a system. Blissology is not as well-rounded as UY (and that's not surprising since it has 6 workouts vs. UY's 12), but each one is different, and if you follow the rotation, your week has a "shape" and a pretty good balance to it, both in terms of body parts worked and intensity level. Blissology also has daily meditations that fit each day's theme, and some supporting "lifestyle" materials (the Bliss Commitments).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 10:43 AM  
koinonia

Some will gasp at this, but Tony Horton

I love everything about Yoga-X except the length. If he comes up with a system, I would buy it in a heart beat.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 10:53 AM  
Stephanie_B

Rod, Erich, and I love Teigh and Gillian, but I don't think they will deal with Beachbody again.

I do feel Blissology is a system, but it's not the same way Travis did UY's. IMO UY has very definitively different workouts, but Blissology was more similar to each other than different-but there are differences (and that's probably my most confusing sentence of the hour).

I would love another system by Bryan, but I don't think he'd do it either.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 11:10 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Ravi and Ana. Their DVDs are well-produced and well-done, and Ravi has been involved in kundalini yoga since the early 70s. I think they could put out a fantastic kundalini yoga system.

Re Tony Horton--it's very clear that Tony loves yoga and has practiced it for many years. He might well be able to put out a really good athletic style yoga system. I have 3 of his yoga routines as well as Yoga X, and I enjoy them.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 01:00 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Since I like BTS Group Centergy, I wish Chalene would do a PiYo series that was professionally produced with good music. I don't have the Fan DVDs, but I'm guessing the production quality is low and you don't get the good music on the DVD that is on the CD.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 01:52 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

rodney yee or Fred + Liz.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 03:24 PM  
herya

Zyrka Landwijt of course If she did a system, or a matrix DVD like Shiva's Yoga Shakti, they would have to take it from my cold dead hands! But sadly I don't think she's even teaching anymore?

But I also think that in a successful system there is some element of community involved. Both Eoin and Travis seem to have built an appreciative yoga community which was helpful in taking their projects off the ground. It's more than just a lone wolf teacher!
Old 06-08-12, 03:54 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Yes, I'd want the system to include guided meditations - and a booklet on yogic philosophy and teachings - but not a tape measure.

Vee - I agree, it would need to be integrated and inspired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Rod Stryker!

His guide meditations have become part of my daily practice and I would love to have a yoga system based on his Para Yoga teachings.
Definitely would love a system with Rod with meditations that are a good 15 minutes long. Love Rod's yoga AND meditation CDs.
Old 06-08-12, 04:57 PM  
chemicalemma

I would love a system from Ravi and Ana, or Maya Fiennes. (Failing that, a really solid rotation using all of Raviana's workouts would suffice.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herya View Post
Zyrka Landwijt of course If she did a system, or a matrix DVD like Shiva's Yoga Shakti, they would have to take it from my cold dead hands! But sadly I don't think she's even teaching anymore?
Whaaaaat? I hope this isn't true. I love her workouts!
Old 06-08-12, 05:46 PM  
difit

Quote:
Originally Posted by koinonia View Post
I love everything about Yoga-X except the length. If he comes up with a system, I would buy it in a heart beat.
me too!!
difit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parayoga.com, systems, yoga