Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-14-11, 03:33 PM  
upperwside

I am getting this one for sure.. looks great. I am on a new yoga kick.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 03:35 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
At some point somebody is going to have to ask:

"Are they pressed DVDs or DVD-Rs?"

I emailed back and asked.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 03:36 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugcrazy View Post
This is available to order now. I put it in my cart and it took me to Paypal. It showed $108 for the set, $10.53 for tax, $14.95 for shipping for a total of $133.48. I backed out of the sale and I'm hoping for a discount code.

Mary
Thanks Mary! Yeah, that's steep, though I can't say I'm surprised.

I need to see reviews before I pay that much. I don't think I would do this as a rotation anytime soon; I just like the idea of the practices themselves, for example the ones focused on cardio and on balance.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 04:05 PM  
hotncmom

I'm interested to know how long each individual class is...are some of the workouts 30 minutes, some 45 minutes, some 1 hour, some 90 minutes?
It would be good to see a breakdown of the time commitment.

I'm getting a couple of new yoga DVD's from Santa (hopefully), and with the ones I already have, it will take me a while before I'm going to be ready for some new yoga workouts, but I sure do like the variety these offer. I'm thinking spring...assuming of course the reviews come back good.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 04:08 PM  
blzgrl

Darn it! I'm such a sucker for stuff like this!
blzgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 04:41 PM  
tigerbaby

hotncmom, were you the one doing Budakon?

I feel some tax refund money just waiting to be spent next year!
Old 12-14-11, 04:53 PM  
Stephanie_B

They sound interesting, but I want to know if they are DVD-r or not and if they are ready to ship, or just ready to order. I've made the mistake of ordering stuff before and it's ready to order, and then NEVER ships. It happened with Aaron Lankford's 2nd DVD, some booty slide something or other, and I can't remember the third thing but please I wish they would indicate ready to ship or not on websites (for those reading VF for customer solutions

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 04:57 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
hotncmom, were you the one doing Budakon?
Yes, that was me. I have 2 DVD's, one of them is still unopened I think it's the next level up. The first DVD I am mixed on...I love the yoga but dislike the martial arts aspect. So I will usually do the first part of the DVD and then fast forward through all the kicks and punches and stuff. It's really a challenging practice, and I haven't done it in a while since I've gotten more into Ballet Body with the Periodization Plan. I do yoga every other day and I've been meaning to pull this one out again. It's just really hard. I am going through a period of lower energy the last several months and there's not many days where I want to push myself to the limit, so I will gravitate toward my other yoga (Core Fusion/Tara Stiles/Sadie Nardini) instead of Budokon. I'm going to try to start doing it once a week because I will never get good at it if I don't do it, right?

Plus Cameron is just sooo nice to look at
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 05:11 PM  
tigerbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Yes, that was me. I have 2 DVD's, one of them is still unopened I think it's the next level up. The first DVD I am mixed on...I love the yoga but dislike the martial arts aspect. So I will usually do the first part of the DVD and then fast forward through all the kicks and punches and stuff. It's really a challenging practice, and I haven't done it in a while since I've gotten more into Ballet Body with the Periodization Plan. I do yoga every other day and I've been meaning to pull this one out again. It's just really hard. I am going through a period of lower energy the last several months and there's not many days where I want to push myself to the limit, so I will gravitate toward my other yoga (Core Fusion/Tara Stiles/Sadie Nardini) instead of Budokon. I'm going to try to start doing it once a week because I will never get good at it if I don't do it, right?

Plus Cameron is just sooo nice to look at
It's the very reasons you describe that have kept me from ordering it. It looks darn hard! LOL! But it would be something to be able to master it, but I'm not sure about the martial arts mixed in. But hey, anything that features attractive men shirtless and it can't be all that bad!
Old 12-14-11, 05:19 PM  
upperwside

I just placed my order... hope i get it soon..
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd-r, hunky guys with no shirts, over 50, power yoga, scratched discs, systems, travis eliot, ultimate yogi, yoga