Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-21, 06:59 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout yesterday - I had a late afternoon haircut appointment and then my stylist was running late which made it even later. Sadly I wore my mask again for the haircut since our case numbers are once again way up. I'll get back on track today!

At least we didn't have any power outages or gas leaks at work so I managed to actually get some things done. I need to get completely caught up today since the boss is back in town tomorrow (and school starts in 2 weeks).

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 07:46 AM  
fanofladyvols

Good luck, Carol!!

Donna you will undoubtedly have days that pass 7000 steps but I think that's an achievable goal. Maybe you could keep a band by your chair and set a timer (or on the quarter hour/hour) to get up and do some quick shoulder,/neck/hip mobility? Lately, I like to do a few unweighted kettlebell swings in the bathroom.

Yesterday I did the cardio only premix of High step training. My feet are too big to jump on top of a high step and back down. There doesn't seem to be enough room for these clodhoppers, lol. Followed up with some more mobility.

Happy Friday everyone!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 08:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Lively Ladies - 20 Min Energizing Low Impact Cardio - this is funny b/c i picked this one out of her vast # of workouts and it turned out to be one that I had done previously. Anyway, it was a good workout. I like her - she is a bit like Pahla but lower key. She also includes a warm-up and cool down that is more complete than Pahla's so her 20 min workouts are about 35 min. This one had 20 moves, no repeat, 45 sec on/15 sec rest - although you could shorten the rest period by jumping into the next exercise while Trish was demonstrating it. I will definitely do more from this channel and hopefully not the same one again, LOL. She seems to be increasing her production with several a week. They are low key - filmed in her home in Ireland, I believe. She had some walking, some cardio, some weights/circuits - all seem to be at a "moderate" level.

Jessica Valent - Gentle Full Body Stretch - this was a new stretch from Jessica.

Carol - I know - it is disheartening to see the masks come back. I totally blame politics for a huge part of the vax hesitancy. I know there are many reasons why people don't get vaccines - but in this case, at least some of it is down to politics - the maskers vs. the antimaskers. And I do understand there are people for whom the vaccine is not recommended, etc. But this whole us vs. them division in this country is not helping us to come together to put a damper on this pandemic.

Linda - yes, I suspect some days I will get more but 7K is reasonable and I don't want to stress about it. I also think some people end up pushing themselves too far w/ the step goal and end up with injuries. I do need to move more throughout the day - my job sedentary in the office but at home it is even more so.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 08:51 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

ePilates Cardio w/Clare - 16min
SBF Feel Good Cardio - 30min
SBF Arms with Weights No Planks - 13min

Emma's cardio was very nice and covered most of the body. She had some squats, lunges, planks, push ups and even abs. All done at a quicker pace to keep the heart rate elevated.

Suzanne's Feel Good Cardio was low impact and all lower body focused. It's a beginner's workout but it was not easy for me and I worked hard. Arms workout was very straightforward but I liked it because it worked arms from every direction.

I've been trying to decide what to do in August and ultimately settled on consistency rather than specific rotation or instructors. So, I'll do whatever I feel like doing each morning as long as IT IS every morning. Giving in to excuses is a slippery slope. I know I feel great after I work out, so that should be enough for me.

My DH has been wearing a mask in stores and public places all along because he's immunosuppressed and recently I've started to do the same. I stopped caring about those that are against vaccines because nothing will change their minds. It's all about them, their rights and the hell with everybody else which is why this pandemic is not going away. I take precautions and nowadays I'm only worried about myself and my DH. I refuse to allow anti-vaccine people occupy any space in my head anymore.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 07-31-21, 04:12 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday's workouts were:

Walk at Home - Walk & Tone - 14 minutes; this one was led by Nadia (I know that's not the right way to spell her name...). Pretty plain vanilla walking with some strength work thrown in at the end. This must have been something they did for some challenge that Leslie had - they kept calling this Week 5.

Jessica Valant - Power Leg Workout - just 1/2 of it, Balance Exercises - 16 minutes & therapy exercises
The Power Leg Workout was a little too powerful for me, especially still nursing my hamstring, although it's much better. The Balance Exercises video was a much better choice - lots of strength involved, along with ankle mobility which I need, considering my bum left ankle.

Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do today.

Dana - I am wearing my mask again. I see a few folks who are masking, mostly older folks like me. There's enough data out there showing that the delta variant can infect fully vaccinated folks that I've decided it's not worth the risk when I'm around others. You are right - those who won't get vaccinated can't be reasoned with. Their opinions are set in stone - why bother.

I always enjoyed Suzanne's Feel Good Cardio routines - and they do make you work hard!

Donna - I think it is 99.9% political, at least out here it is. And people believe the craziest things - and not just about CoVid. They all think everything is part of some deep dark plot. Example - I read on Facebook this morning that we had to unexpectedly close two of our city swimming pools today because of a lack of lifeguards. I would bet money that we've had a CoVid outbreak among the lifeguards, but of course the city isn't going to say that for privacy reasons. On Facebook, those who hate - literally hate - our Mayor (who was just overwhelmingly re-elected in May) are opining that our Mayor is just closing the pools for a political purpose. Really now?

Off to exercise ~ first I have to make up my mind as to what to do.

Carol
Old 07-31-21, 06:17 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Back from exercising. I did:

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Strength with Penny (7/29/21) - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant - 10 Minute Pilates for Beginners & Therapy Exercises;
Happy Yoga - Chair Yoga - Total Body Stretch - 13 minutes

It feels insulting to do a workout from Silver & Fit, but that's what I did. This one was filmed poolside in Arizona; there was music, but it was so low you couldn't really hear it. This was a solid intermediate older person's workout. No transitions to the floor; this one used tubing and dumbbells. It was about 15 minutes of lower body work and 10 minutes of upper body work.

Carol
Old 07-31-21, 07:25 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post

It feels insulting to do a workout from Silver & Fit, but that's what I did.
This made me laugh, Carol! I had to look up Silver & Fit because i've never heard of it. It looks just fine. Some days we feel like Cathe and other days we feel like Senior Fitness or Silver & Fit. Good for you to do a workout (any workout) and move when you may not have felf like it, because I would probably just sit on my butt and do nothing.
Old 07-31-21, 08:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana don't keep me hanging...what happened with work? Also I think your plan to pound the rock of consistency is golden.

Carol you're a hoot. But I totally echo what Dana said. Good for you!

Donna Those kinds of high goals (like trying to hit 10000 steps) usually lead to burnout for me. The way I exercise has to have fun...I need it from somewhere!!

Yesterday was Sandry's upper body workout from her Yoga pilates DVD. It was kinda barreish and kinda yoga. The music was a nice guitar coffeehouse rhythm. I am really pleased with this DVD. Then followed it up with SUAT#6 and some mobility.

Today may try one of my new Misty DVDs. I'll post tomorrow.

Happy Saturday night wishes!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 09:05 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Linda, sadly nothing happened at work. My friend was very busy all day and also, for a change, he was unusually cheerful that day despite being under a lot of stress, and I just didn't have the heart to hit him with the news that I know he wouldn't be happy about. So I'm going to talk with him next week. My mind is made up and I have to do what's right for me even though he and I have known each other for a long time and I want the best for him...but, not at the expense of my own health.

I'm glad you're enjoying Caroline Sandry's DVD. I haven't tried it yet but I'm glad I got it.
Old 08-01-21, 04:56 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Sorry to be MIA, the last two days:

Saturday - Jane Adams - Morning Yoga and outdoor walking (we went to the
zoo - )

Sunday - Jenny Ford - March Across America # 2 - Ohio; Jane Adams - Core Practice

Not much else going on - trying to re-group before the week kicks off tomorrow.

I see Jessica Valent has changed up her calendar - it looks like she is making strength training more of a priority/focus. Her new calendar looks like this:

Sunday - Rest
Monday - Legs
Tuesday - Steady State Cardio
Wed - Arms
Thurs - Intervals & Core
Friday - Mobility/Injury Prevention
Sat - Pilates

I may follow along w/ her this month - truthfully I do need to do more strength training....

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote