Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-21, 03:41 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a planned rest day. I went to several markets and did some food prep and batch cooking for the week.

Sandra, I understand how you feel about chlorine in pools turning your hair green. I had that happen to me once when I was a kid because I was going in a pool everyday for a week and I have brown hair but it still had a green tint! I'm sure your grandniece will understand about your avoidance of getting in the pool.

Pat, I'm happy that you and your family are safe. I'm keeping positive thoughts for your procedure on the 23rd.

Happy Saturday!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 06:41 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

It is 111 degrees outside as I type this. Blech! Although for our Carolyn it would just be an average summer day lol!

Today's Workout: The Arms & Posture routine from Essentrics Body Sculpting Series with Sahra. Again, it was another good choice of a workout to do when it is toasty out. The ocean behind Sahra looks so refreshing!

Pat58: Glad you and your family are okay after the deluge! Wish we could have a little of that rain over here.

Yogapam: Oh no, my niece and grandniece are not living with me! They live with my brother (her dad), who has a unit in the same complex that I do. She moved in when she and her ex broke up in November 2019. It is pretty crowded since it is only a 2-bedroom place and my niece has 50/50 custody of her daughter. But -- I think my niece has reached a point where she is ready to try to figure out having her own place. Stay tuned!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 10:21 AM  
cyana

Happy Week-end - what's left of it, anyway!

Sandra - I find the concept of an exploding toilet to be amusing in a class clown/warped sense of humor sort of way (along the lines of Animal House), but the reality of it not so much - especially your complex being on the hook for the cost of repairs - boo hiss. Holy cow on your temps - hope your A/C stays strong and you aren't subjected to many/any rolling black-outs. You did my most-used Essentrics DVD yesterday. I love going to the ocean with Sahra all year long.

Paine - Did you find anything interesting in your shopping this week? The Whole Wallet had zero Japanese Sweet Potatoes, so I had to buy the red organic variety this week (to clarify - red sweet potatoes). My hydroponic lettuce guy at the farmer's market has had some new varieties of lettuce that I've been checking out - I love the red-leaf varieties. He grows Bibb, Romaine, red and green leaf (the usual suspects), but also a number of options that you wouldn't find in a store. I have a big salad most days for my brunch, so I like to be creative. I picked a cherry tomato off my plant this AM.

Pat - Oh my, yoga with beluga whales would immediately leap to the top of my bucket list. I love their wonderful, expressive faces and it would appear that Juno can be a bit of a ham. The first time I saw belugas at the Shedd Aquarium, I was beyond smitten. I will be sending healing energy for your upcoming surgery and steady hands to your surgeon. I'm glad you didn't have any significant damage from Elsa.

Beth - What size bowl/ramekin did you use for your oats? Did you do them in the oven? I have a family member who eats oatmeal every day and that might be a nice way to introduce some variety. How did your classes and retreat go yesterday? Hopefully your hip is starting to improve - fingers crossed!

Garrie - You aren't joking about Linda (Barlates)! I find some of her stuff to be downright grueling and she just calmly keeps going like "this is no big deal" while I'm moaning and groaning (and in the interest of full disclosure - probably uttering some not-so-G-rated language, LOL!). What kind of air fryer do you have? I've been asking myself for what feels like an eternity whether I need one of these things. I don't need any kitchen appliances that aren't earning their keep (like the KitchenAid stand mixer that is packed away in a box - my worst kitchen purchase ever).

I'm going to work out this afternoon - my plan is to do something from ETV, yoga (probably Beth's latest) and meditation. I may also throw in a qi gong practice, as well.

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 10:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

test
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 11:36 AM  
Garrie A.

Happy Sunday. I was finally able to get into the thread to check-in. Honestly, don't know what the blazes is going on.

Here was last week for me:

Sunday (HAPPY 4th!):
The Firm: Total Body Shaping Mix (and I "declared my independence from shoes" during the floor work )

Monday:
TAUGHT Step class

Tuesday:
The Firm: Tough Tape
Barlates: Ankle Weight Butt Sculpter (sp)

Wednesday:
No workout (planned rest day)

Thursday:
AM: TAUGHT TNT and Zumba classes (for TNT I did a total body circuit with a little bit of cardio)
PM: Caroline Girvan: Epic Day 8 (Dumbbell Upper Body Workout)

Friday:
No workout (unplanned rest day)

Saturday:
TAUGHT Zumba class
Caroline Girvan: Circuit Series Day 3 (Glute Workout with Dumbbells - Glutes Isolation; one of her newest workouts...I ed it butt it burned my glutes out big time!)

Today will be an active rest day but I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. Back in a second with personals, if I get no database error.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 11:44 AM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
test
I've been getting the database error message multiple times the past several days.

OMG, my beloved Leonid and Friends just posted a new video to YT - a remake of Steely Dan's My Old School: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_8aZZ9d_EA

Doing the serious happy dance!!! However, the other residents of the house are going to ban me if I don't stop listening to it over and over, LOL!!! I'm scheduling the 13 people who have given the video a thumbs' down for a frontal lobotomy next week!!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 11:49 AM  
Garrie A.

Cyana: I have two air fryers. Last year for Christmas my parents got me a generic 2 quart air fryer. I like it, but it's too small to be able to cook full meals in. So I purchased the PowerXL 7-quart air fryer when Walmart had them on sale. I it, and use it several times a week.

Beth: I'm going to try that baked oatmeal recipe; it looks yummy! Hope your hip feels better soon.

Sandra: Sorry you're enduring a brutal heat wave. I love when a workout is the perfect choice for a certain day. Enjoy your vacation!

Pat: Luckily we were spared from the worst of Elsa, although we had multiple heavy thunderstorms move through yesterday. I would love to do yoga with Beluga whales!

Pam: I think you'd make an excellent BellyFit instructor. Later this year or next year I'm thinking about becoming a certified personal trainer. Don't know if I will or not, but it's something I'm thinking about.

I'll be back to post today's workout and to chat more later. Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 01:28 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Damn that was scary!

Yesterday was non-stop housework and errands running with inversion intervals. I did practice some self-care with a trip to the new age store for an oracle deck, incense and a lepidolite crystal.

Before making dinner I collapsed and enjoyed Yoga With Bird's Restorative Yoga for Stress. I see that this is part of a 30 day challenge for inflexible people. I swear this girl has got the teeniest, cutest little feet I've ever seen in my life! My Yeti feet are very jealous.

I'm so glad we're posting again - now I better go do something to post about tomorrow!

Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 07-11-21, 01:30 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

LOL making up for lost posts.
Old 07-11-21, 02:54 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, I missed what you said before about Heidi Tanner on the Zoom call - I was just mentioning that story again recently! Good for you for declaring your independence from shoes last Sunday!

cyana, I meant to say that your husband's garbanzo bean dinner sounded ! I maked the baked oats in a small Pyrex that's probably just over a cup and it was pretty full. I did it in the microwave and it was very good, but it would probably be even better in the oven.

Sandra, maybe you could go swimming with your grand-niece but not get your head wet.

Pat, glad you & your family seem to have survived the weather. And glad we are all able to post again!

Waving to Pam plus Linda, Carolyn, Sherry, and anyone else who might be around!

Thanks for the well wishes on my hip. It's up and down. Yesterday it felt pretty good most of the day - I think it helps a lot when I am up and moving. Last night we went out to dinner for DH's birthday (which is today) and then we just hung out and watched TV, and it was bothering me more then. I'm doing another round of icing right now, although maybe I should switch to heat?

The retreat went well. The woman who ran it is someone who I met in the yoga studio - she just started her own company in May, Mindful Matters. She works at a large local college (University of Rochester), and she had some of her colleagues there, so there were some people who I sort of had connections to--e.g., one person had the position that my old boss had before she came to us (this was the boss I didn't get along with; she's now at a 3rd local college).

I'll be back shortly with my workouts!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
twisting