Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-13-21, 07:58 PM  
Mickey12

Oh Kate, I am praying for your son and your family. I am so sorry. Know that we support you.
Old 06-14-21, 05:05 PM  
Jules

Hello Ladies. Just checking in quick here. I decided to continue with the Cathe ICE series this week and will do the premixes that feature the main workout, Muscle Meltdown, and core. Yesterday I did Chiseled Lower Body Blast. It was very doable including the Blizzard Blast. Today I did Metabolic Total Body with the Muscle Meltdown for chest. The weight work was a little repetitive, but I am sure I will feel it tomorrow. I also took the dog for her walk and did 30 for 30 Gentle yoga.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 05:58 AM  
fanofladyvols

Malinda that's great that you're getting a great use out of your RWH purchase!

Jules one day I will break down and get the ICE series. I have hesitated because I tried (but didn't like) the LITE stacked sets upper and lower workouts. But then I tried LITE Pyramid pump upper and liked it a lot. Go figure!

Hi Kim !! Rested up from your vacay yet?

Kate still praying and sending you hugs! Update us as soon as you can.

I am still working through the March 2021 rotation and have added Lauren Brooks 7 day swing Challenge this week. Yesterday was Day 2 of the swing challenge and Cathe's Xtrain Hard strikes. Swing challenge is great so far (beachy background) but Cathe hit the rotating jumping jacks button a little too hard but overall I enjoyed it.

Have a wonderful day

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 11:30 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello dear Chicks!
Well it's been a crazy couple of weeks.
I'll just say that son is ok. Liver blockage was removed and stint put in. Kidneys functioning again. However they found a tiny tumor on his pancreas and it is cancerous.
But it's very tiny and the whole team of doctors wants him to get his heart in tip top condition before they do the surgery. I guess they feel there is a little time.
So one more gigantic hurdle. So much for 2021 being a little better but one does NOT GIVE UP!
And I have kickboxing to work out stress. ;-)

Not to mention my stepkids' Mom died from lung and bone cancer and her funeral was last Wed. Then my dear sweet DIL lost her Mom on the 11th due to cancer also. Her funeral is this Friday.

So undoubtedly I missed a couple of workouts and Yoga days but still meditating every day. I did Cathe and Les Mills last week.

This week:
Mon: Nothing - was at the hospital all day
Tues: Cathe CTX Upper Body Mix (GOOD STUFF) and Bryan Kest Ever so Peaceful Flow on Poweryoga.com
Today I did Cathe Live 159 Cathe’s Birthday Bash. FUN!!!! I needed that. I had actually done this one back in 2017 when I subscribed but I just bought the download and glad I did. Love the mix of kickboxing and floor cardio.

Haven't gotten very far at all with my Power Yoga teacher training but I have 6 months so I'm not going to sweat it.

Take care all..going back to read some posts. And thank you all for your prayers and kind words!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 12:30 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quickie checkin.
Today I did a new-to-me workout! Cathe's Lower Body Blast! That was a blast for sure! I love the mix of a little cardio to move the legs and plenty of weighted work. Only thing I didn't do is the bonus Barre work but next time.
I really liked this one. Cathe has so many lower body workouts and they're all great but this is a high fav.

Justin should be coming home soon. If not today, tomorrow. Then we plan the next steps.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 05:47 PM  
Jules

Kate: I'm so relieved to hear that Justin is doing ok. He sure is a fighter (takes after his mom). It sounds like there is still a tough road ahead. He is so lucky to have all your love and support.

I am working my way through the Cathe ICE workouts. Yesterday was To the Mat/Shoulders/Core and today I did Boot Camp/Biceps + Flexibility & Beyond: Foundation of Youth. I have also been walking the dog every morning and playing Beat Saber on the Oculus.

I am still wearing a neoprene sleeve for my knee. I am pretty sure at this point that I damaged my MCL or have a small meniscus tear. I'm following the "PRICE" method but without much "Rest". (I am so bad about that!) I have had many injuries like this through the years and it seems like time heals them all eventually.

Linda: I totally agree with you on Hard Strikes... Waaaaay too many jumping jacks in that one.
Old 06-18-21, 12:00 AM  
fanofladyvols

Jules I'm sorry to hear about your knee. When I was working through my knee issues the copperfit compression sleeve really helped.

Kate still praying...thanks for updating us. Sending you more hugs...you've had too many hits lately ...I'm so sorry. You're doing a wonderful job of trying to care for yourself through it.

Still doing the Swing challenge..finished Day 4 and did Cathe's pyramid pump lower Timesaver premix. This was probably my least favorite Cathe lower body workout. Too many lunges for my taste. I will only use this DVD for the upper body.

Sending "hey girl...heyyyy!" waves to Kim and Malinda!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 01:58 PM  
Malinda

Kate - I hope your son is at home now and gets strong quickly. And I am sorry about your step-children’s mom and your DIL’s mom. Too much sadness in your world. You are such a champion and I admire your approach to life and the way you keep on keepin’ on.

Jules - Fingers crossed that your knee heals up like in the past. My sports doc recommended Incrediwear products - I have one for my elbow, and also gloves that I wear at night for arthritis. Those came in mighty handy during the Big Freeze of 2021. I also have a back brace that I use when my bulging disc acts up.

Linda - I registered for the 100 swing challenge, but haven’t started it yet. I finished the P/P/S challenge today and I think I’m going to repeat it, only add more reps to each day. It’s kept me consistent with pull-ups and that’s the key for me!

Hi Kim!

So after being pretty good with the RWH rotation for several weeks, I got totally derailed this week. I was supposed to repeat the Lower body circuit and I just couldn’t seem to make myself do it. The rotation has you repeat it just three days after you last did it, and it involves the step, which is not my forte. When I did it earlier, it took me FOREVER because I kept rewinding and rewinding to try to get the step moves down. I got a lot of cardio in that day from all the repeating! Anyway, so this week has been a mishmash of things.

Monday - MBFA Day 2 Cardio Core + P/P/S Challenge Day 15
Tuesday - Caroline Girvan 30-minute steady state cardio workout
Wednesday - Walk 5 miles
Thursday - Breathless Body with DH - this was our 150th time to do this workout together since we started doing it twice a month many years ago! We decided to do it the original way, and man was it different! I think I get a much better cardio workout doing it the way we do it (each circuit consists of all 8 exercises instead of doing the same exercise 8 times and then moving on). However, my muscles were really giving out on me by the 7th or 8th time of doing the same exercise, so my muscles are SORE today. It doesn’t help that the last circuit I do basketball jumps ala Insanity instead of the pogo jumps Amy does, so my legs were fried by the end of the workout.
Friday - P/P/S Challenge Day 16

Kate, keep us updated as you are able; you and your family are in my prayers!

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Old 06-20-21, 06:26 PM  
Mickey12

Hey guys,

Malinda I never heard of Incrediware products. The ones you described for your hand arthritis piqued my interest. I am starting to get stiffness and pain in one or two fingers. I will check them out.

Kate I hope Justin is home now and feeling stronger. Sending lots of good thoughts to your family. You’re definitely an inspiration to me how you handle life’s struggles.

So my workouts have been slim to none lately. We got back from a short Disney Springs trip a week ago and we are leaving on Wednesday for Gettysburg for 5 days so I have been unwinding from one vacation and gearing up for the second one. I will get back on track when we return and things are back to my normal routine.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend.
Old 06-21-21, 04:13 PM  
Jules

Not a great start to the week. Our fridge died last night, so I spent the morning saving what I could and cleaning it out. This fridge has died before - it has a small leak somewhere that our repairman has been unable to locate. We tried calling him, but he is either retired or is on vacation so we will have to try someone else. Seems everyone is booked up for the next month. Our fridge is an expensive stand-alone unit that matches our freezer so it will cost big bucks if we need to replace it.

On to the good stuff:

I finished up my ICE rotation yesterday and started Fit Split today. I did Low Impact Cardio/Metabolic Conditioning. Overall it was a very good workout. The weights were more challenging than ICE. Music was pretty generic but not annoying. I followed up with Short & Sweet Yoga. My knee feels about the same. Linda and Malinda: Thanks for the info on Incrediwear and Copperfit (Brett Farve!) They both look like excellent products.

Kim: Have a terrific trip to Gettysburg!

Kate: I hope Justin is recovering well at home now. I love Cathe's Lower Body Blast too! I reach for it when I don't really feel like working lower body b/c it is so much fun.