Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-09-21, 09:55 AM  
Calistro

trying to identify these Rodney yee clips

Hello everyone,

can anyone identify these desk yoga Rodney Yee clips, are they on dvd or just youtube clips?

I would not mind purchasing them.

Thanks in advance.

Calistro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLPfP1oRJFM&t=92s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTX0ABKM7Bg&t=13s
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 10:00 AM  
cyana

I'm not familiar with those, but wanted to say thanks for posting the links as they look like great work-day fitness break mini-practices for all the desk warriors out there.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 10:13 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

If I'm not mistaken Rodney filmed them for Gaia.com. I don't think they're on DVD, but am not sure.

I have both in my Facebook "suitable for office" playlist.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 01:14 PM  
Calistro

Cyana: My pleasure. They do look great don't they?

Pat58: I thought this might be the answer I would get, but I was just hoping as they do look good.

I wish I worked at a desk
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 06:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

removed my goofy post from my goofy memory.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 06:45 PM  
Floren

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i am pretty sure the desk and chair segment is on Rodney's "Yoga for Energy and Stress Relief" DVD. unfortunately, i couldn't locate the DVD right away to confirm. I'll keep looking here at home.

go to this thread, 4th post:
http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...=196094&page=3

if anyone has "Yoga for Energy and Stress Relief" and can get to it before I can, please post!
Hi, I have that DVD! It doesn't seem to contain any segments with a desk, but it's possible that Gaiam may have released this DVD with different bonus sections - maybe that's what you have?

Mine has 3 lovely segments in a forest with a chair, a bonus segment with Yee by rocks by the ocean, and a 2nd bonus section with his wife.

OP - Sorry this DVD doesn't seem to have the segments you are looking for! I have many Yee DVDs and don't remember ever seeing a desk like that before. But I just might not remember
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 07:09 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
Hi, I have that DVD! It doesn't seem to contain any segments with a desk, but it's possible that Gaiam may have released this DVD with different bonus sections - maybe that's what you have?

Mine has 3 lovely segments in a forest with a chair, a bonus segment with Yee by rocks by the ocean, and a 2nd bonus section with his wife.

OP - Sorry this DVD doesn't seem to have the segments you are looking for! I have many Yee DVDs and don't remember ever seeing a desk like that before. But I just might not remember
you're probably right. that's it's just on youtube. sorry everyone for the confusion.

for convenience, here's the youtube link - a 4 min segment that is really good and only online:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=1497

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 05-09-21, 07:30 PM  
Floren

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
removed my goofy post from my goofy memory.
Was just coming here to thank you for your [goofy ] post and for mentioning that DVD, Yee's Yoga for Energy & Stress Relief! I had totally forgotten about that DVD.

Since it was now out, I just had to do the bonus stretch - and it is so good for lower back and hams. My legs and lower back feel great! So thank you Bzar
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 07:32 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
Was just coming here to thank you for your [goofy ] post and for mentioning that DVD, Yee's Yoga for Energy & Stress Relief! I had totally forgotten about that DVD.

Since it was now out, I just had to do the bonus stretch - and it is so good for lower back and hams. My legs and lower back feel great! So thank you Bzar
i have done the desk and chair segment (youtube, just to keep everyone on the same page) and it's also pretty good. it goes beyond the usual desk yoga moves.

Old 05-09-21, 09:01 PM  
LAC

I don't see it available as a DVD, but it is sold as as an Amazon Prime Video. Price seems a bit high at $19.99 for a 14 minute video:
https://www.amazon.com/Desktop-Yoga-...0611698&sr=8-2
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rodney yee